‘Twas fun but time to go

Can’t believe I am one of those but hey no point in paying when one can’t play. Crashing, freezing, and stuttering after 8.3 [Intel GPUs] - #1692 by Terrorgeist-tanaris was a fun game, but just this experience and lack of empathy and support left me bitter. If anyone wants my gold send me an in game message.

1 Like

D: I would raise a stink about it!

I’m glad I am not alone though. Been getting weird out of date messages despite having the latest gpu driver.

Hopefully see you once they fix it Cromian.

1 Like

Many people furiously logging in

3 Likes

Blizz’s automatic answer to any problem after a patch is usually “Go buy a new PC, yours is out of date”.

2 Likes

Playing WoW on a MacBook Pro.
:rofl: :rofl:

It’s 2020. I thought most Mac users gave up on the industry supporting them anymore.

There appears to be a problem with the way metal is rendering WoW after the patch that will probably need looking into.

Have you tried Bootcamping windows and trying DirectX drivers? (I know it defeats the purpose of having a Mac but yeah…)

It’s possible you’ve already signed off already, but If you still have time for some troubleshooting, I ran into a similar problem awhile back when I was using my MacBook as a travel laptop.

In the system settings under energy saver, there may be an option to use Automatic graphics switching. Some MacBooks have two graphics cards. A primary for main tasks, and a secondary GPU to assist. The secondary GPU is not ideal for gaming, but can get turned on in some circumstances if this setting is on.

If that setting is in there, make sure it’s turned off, and that the primary GPU is selected as default.

2 Likes

Based on their responses in that thread, it appears they do have a dedicated AMD gpu In addition to the inbuilt Intel one.

(Actually so do i…)

1 Like

Lots of problems and no more full screen mode is punishing to players that want to play in full screen mode and not windowed mode.

Drivers updated and all?

It maybe moot but I had the same problem and it went away when I switched my direct x to 11 legacy.

Edit: oh, you are playing on a mac. Yeah I got nothing. I did all of the things they recommended for my wife’s mac and it didn’t fix anything for any significant amount of time.