Covenants - They aren't working

It’s not surprising these people think the entire game should be catered to their needs. Their self-aggrandizement just drips from every post.

1 Like

Hi! I’m sorry to hear that. You’re likely going to have to choose one to prioritize, or figure out some sort of workaround that makes you happy.

If you can’t tell that you’re barely surviving on a +19, and will need more healing on a +20, I don’t know what to tell you.

I didn’t push as high as I wanted to in BFA. Could be you have some insight I don’t, I’ll grant that. I’m not seeing it.

Could be. If someone makes me a mud puddle and I absolutely love splashing around in it, I’d still be very upset if you took it away from me, even if you think mud is disgusting and would rather have an in-ground pool there.

I’m not offering you answers. I’m not a developer. I can offer my condolences, perspective, and possible assistance on getting through this struggle.

I realize in hindsight that was a dumb statement, because of course you’re going to say that and there’s nothing I can say otherwise. I apologize.

Bosses still matter. Yes, I’ve played M+ enough to know it’s a trash game, but bosses still matter.

2 Likes

You can literally change it.

1 Like

Just as I spoke up in favor of meaningful choice and restriction, I feel the need to speak up in favor of the people interested in chasing progression. No one is being entitled or selfish here – at the end of the day, WoW got to being a big game by attempting to cater to an extremely large market, and many of the desires of those markets are mutually contradictory. No one is ruining their own play experience by wanting to do the best they can in progression content; it’s how Blizzard has, in fact, told them the game should work since about Wrath era or so. They’re making some philosophy changes here.

It’s a question of numbers, which one is healthier for the game’s future audience. And none of us have the data to know the answer to that.

(Edit: Didn’t mean to respond to the person I responded to in specific, apologies.)

Honestly a perfect way to summarize the covenant system as of right now.

Because “Meaningful Choices” :upside_down_face:

Yet Beta / Alpha testers have been saying that since the beginning. Blizzard just didn’t listen. Why? Who knows…

#PullTheRipcord

1 Like

Seems to be working fine for me, at least I’ve had zero issues with my covenants.

1 Like

Is there a class spec combo that vampys are best for in all content? If so, reroll that! Ion will thank you for your meaningful choice.

I think this is the biggest portion of the heartache. To some players, this change in philosophy is interesting. To others, it challenges the status quo. It’s not a right/wrong thing.

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned PvP means nothing. Does that make your opinion less than mine? I haven’t hit 60 yet, and I don’t really care about end game. I guess my opinion is the worthless one, right?

Why don’t you make your argument to Blizzard specifically about covenants rather than picking on other players based on how you think they should be playing?

That’s the whole point? I say to myself, wow corb that was a rough dungeon, maybe you need to drop some damage and go healing focused for the next one. Psych! Your arbitrarily locked out and are forced to play with something that probably isn’t great anymore.

Trust me … people who don’t do high keys don’t understand. It’s not like small keys where you just run through the dungeon killing stuff.

Honestly… Not really. 70% of even the most boss heavy m+ is trash. Even on tyrannical a lot of lusts go into trash.

1 Like

i changed my covenant to try another out and want to go back, but apparently there’s some obnoxious grind for “RP reasons”. thanks blizz. can’t even experiment anymore in this game.

3 Likes

You cant possibly be making this statement from and about your hunter. They are literally number two and three overall dps specs. They’ve all but confirmed mm is getting nerfed.

That’s fair. I’ll give you that you can’t test the abilities at incredibly high levels of play to see what’s optimal.

I’d appreciate it if you don’t try to demean me. I have tried very hard to be as respectful as I can, even if I am a snarky a-hole.

This point-- which is a good one!-- raises a few questions from me, one of which may be a misunderstanding. One, if you’re healing, I would assume the best choice would always be the one that provides more healing. Why would you not just choose that outright from the getgo? That might be me misunderstanding your point.

What you said also applies to classes overall. A warrior might provide more damage, monk more mitigation. Should I also be able to swap from monk to warrior to suit the dungeons I plan to run? If your answer is yes, why are we making choices at all?

I’m not saying it’s ideal, I’m saying it’s not unviable. It’s not like you’re healing the enemy or damaging your allies, no matter what your choice.

I like knowing everyone in Sinfall is part of the same faction, doing the same stories and unlocking the same powers. It brings a sense of community to that facet of gameplay. Covenants are fine.

The only people that care are the top 0.1% xDD Deal with the meta at that point, don’t ruin it for the rest of us

I get warm fuzzies when I see everyone running around in Soulshape.

That’s great.

I’m a Brewmaster too, and I love Revendreth and the Venthyr story.

Unfortunately, Fallen Order is a completely worthless ability. It has no defensive component, it does less damage than the other 3 options, and has a longer cooldown.

So it would have been unfair to my guild if I played the covenant I wanted.

And that’s a huge issue that Blizzard never fixed.

3 Likes

amen, op. people will praise blizzard when they inevitably do it a year from now.

1 Like

That’s a different conversation with a different solution, imo. Fallen Order needs to be redesigned and fixed. I agree it’s complete and utter trash, but the solution I think would be best isn’t enabling the player to ignore it, it’s fixing the ability to be worthwhile.

1 Like

You’re not losing out on completing dungeons by 2% and pinning that down on a single ability choice. A 2% difference can be one key press, one wrong step, one bad interrupt, one crit that didn’t happen when you needed it. If you’re losing because of that on a regular basis then you’re losing because of more than just that. You don’t need to run high keys to understand that. Your example might happen once in a hundred runs, but that’s never going to be an example of why you should or shouldn’t have taken a specific ability except in that one specific instance.

I don’t even play Mythics and understand that focusing one specific mob is often going to be far more influential than general spread damage at high keys because of the modifiers involved. Assuming you do the high keys you’re talking about, you’d agree that the right damage and removing the right mob quickly is vital at high keys, and not just spreading as much group damage as possible, right? It’s only at lower keys that you’re easily farming and “winning” the damage meters where having to focus specific mobs isn’t going to be as important. If your tank is barely off of living through something because their defensives ran out, it was probably because you did 98k to a group with 100k HP instead of 100k to the thing that killed him and 95k to its friends.