Covenants - They aren't working

It’s more fun to play within the constraints of the system. I enjoy the Night Fae package, and devaluing any part of that by making it swappable would devalue the whole and make it less fun.

You do not dictate my fun.

5 Likes

DK necrolord = game changing
DH night fae = game changing
Rogue Kyrian = game changing
Priest venthyr = game changing
Hunter Kyrian = game changing
Warrior venthyr/kyrian = game changing

If you play PvP and are any other covenant than these for these classes, you are absolutely trolling the disparity is HUGE.

10 Likes

I would have preferred if they just added a row of talents.

8 Likes

Nah cuz my class had to be vampires anyway which was the one I wanted to join anyway but regardless I choose what I want bcuz I don’t care

1 Like

Blizz has already did the one thing they did not want by not pulling the ripcord.

All of Blizz’s nerfs and bad balancing of soul binds made the metas they said they didn’t want.

They did more damage to the systems then a ripcord would of.

2 Likes

And you do not dictate mine, yet you seem to wish absolute superiority in this regard.

3 Likes

Nope! Just supporting the system as implemented that I’m enjoying. Don’t put words in my mouth :3

3 Likes

Obvious troll

4 Likes

Try harder

1 Like

Maybe some people don’t think pushing higher numbers is degrading their experience but not being able to does .

How everyone experiences the game is subjective . Just because you might not focus on numbers doesn’t mean another person that does isn’t have fun in their own way.

5 Likes

Yeah, they have to be trolling at this point.

1 Like

There’s nothing stopping you from min/maxing to your heart’s content. If you enjoy playing the game that way, then do so.

1 Like

Covenants are fine by me. I’m liking it, the rest of this expansion, I’m nearing of quitting because of how awful it is. Hardly getting any gear. It’s punishing those who have a full time job or go to school. There’s too much systems going on and not getting a single gear from any of it. It’s bad, it’s not boring but bad.

I quit Classic because of the limited time that I have but tbh, I’m close to returning if this keeps up. Classic did not have as much grinding as shadowlands does.

My time in shadowlands, I disbelieve a lot of people critiquing this game but now I’m starting to be on their side. I’m losing myself and I need to take a break. I had fun up until level 60 and tbh, it’s annoying. I’m losing faith in the game that I love and well if it keeps up, I think I’m done.

2 Likes

Night fae best in m+, venthyr best in raid, can’t make my character the best it can be for arbitrary reasons

Your statement =/= logic

7 Likes

This makes me sad, because it’s only going to get worse once the season starts. You will be judged based upon your covenant before your skill.

5 Likes

I think OP is upset because they need to select an optimal covenant for Mythics.

People like you and I don’t care because we play to enjoy the game.

It’s a sucky situation, especially if guilds start enforcing it for raids.

1 Like

Prioritize the content you enjoy most and focus on that, is my recommendation. I very much doubt either choice is nonviable for the other content anyway. I’d be happy to be proven wrong.

1 Like

That’s what I’m saying. It’s not the same anymore since the old guys from blizz left and the new ones came in. Honestly I would rather put more time in Classic right now then retail. If I quit, I don’t see myself coming back again. Maybe I’ll muster it up but I’m pretty sure I’m gonna quit right away.

1 Like

I love how people default to thinking they are forced into the absolute optimal covenants.

Plot twist, you ain’t.

1 Like

Those folks aren’t actually the ones complaining here.

The complaints here basically revolve around: “I can’t pick the covenant I want because X covenenant ability does more damage, so I have to pick that one.”

Meaning they are cheapening their own gameplay experience (by not picking the covenant they want to pick) in order to squeeze every bit of power out of their character.

4 Likes