Covenants renown grind shouldn't exist

If you hit max renown in 1 covenant, you should be able to switch to another one and not have to re-grind the renown and do all the stupid quests all over again.

It really sucks when you realize you’re in the wrong covenant and need to switch.

My Warrior is Kyrian for 2v2 pvp (He should be Venthyr)

My Ret Paladin is Night Fae (he should by Kyrian)

But I don’t want to switch and spend a month grinding the renown and conduits again before I can compete again.

The system is stupid.

Make the wrong choice, grind up to max renown, and then realize you’re screwed and have to do it all over again.

I’m done with this game…

Arena’s are screwed up, can’t get 1800 because you fight nothing but 227+ iLvL glads in the 1800 mmr… so you can never climb

Then realize you could do slightly better if you’re in a different covenant, but now you have to grind again for a month before you can Arena again.

F that, I’m done.

6 Likes

I mean I guess but it really doesn’t take long to get to renown cap from 0.

Maybe between a week or two weeks depending on how much content you run.

It took me about 5 days to hit renown 32 when I switched from venthyr to night fae on my priest.

2 Likes

I disagree. They’re entirely different storylines and you need to earn your soulbinds.

It doesn’t take a month.

Oh. Then I don’t even need to respond further. Good luck out there. Someone will inevitably ask for your gold or say “see you next patch.”

4 Likes

It takes like a day to get 12+ and maybe a handful of days to cap, maybe a reset. Once you’ve earned the renown you can then swap back and forth without repercussion.

The real BS item is that there is time gate between switching, aside from renown it should really be as simple as talking to the person in Orb.

2 Likes

they needed to make content outta something :smiley:

2 Likes

So I understand your frustration, but think of it from a logical perspective:

We have four completely separate groups. While they work co-operatively on some matters, they certainly aren’t best friends by any means. One of them even recently invaded another…

Why would you becoming renowned with group a mean group b automatically thinks you’re awesome? You haven’t done anything for them. You have done great things FOR YOUR COVENANT. But the other covenants… they’re pretty lukewarm on you.

They recognize you’re pretty important to the covenant you’ve joined, but they aren’t ready to treat you like THEIR hero until you’ve spent some time earning that title from them as well.

Mechanically speaking… they also want people to feel like they’ve actually joined something. They don’t want it to be like a talent spec where you just go to town, click a button, and voila - you’re ready to go. It’s SUPPOSED to have some weight and meaning behind it. Some consequence.

2 Likes

I agree. Though I do wish if you have completed all 4 the character you have with highest renown of said covenant would share with alts that also choose that covenant. I think it’s a good middle of the road solution. You have to do the content and grind the renown once per covenant per account. Thoughts?

1 Like

That’s fair. I could see that as a good way to go. Maybe base it off an achievement for finishing all four to rank 40?

I don’t care about the story, most PvP players don’t.

I care that it takes weeks to a month to get to max renown with the conduits upgraded like I was in a previous covenant.

I have 5 60 alts, all of them are max renown (I’ve done all 4 covenants to max). It was A LOT of work, and I just don’t want to have to farm the same BS renown and do the same quests all over again because I want to be more effective in PvP.

The system is dumb, the talents are dumb the covenants aren’t balanced at all. It’s just a mess that shouldn’t even be… but since they did it, at least allow people to change it out like talents. Would be nice.

1 Like

Blizz cares.

Citation needed.

It takes one week.

We tried to tell them that back during beta. You can see how well that went.

1 Like

I think it would be better if it was a covenant by covenant achievement because I know a lot of people who won’t play all 4 covenants for various reasons and I would still want them to be able to share the renown of the covenants they have completed but the achievement thing sounds good to me.

This is why systems like this are bad for the game, Blizzard can completely obliterate your COV, and next thing you know you’re grinding a new one.

1 Like

So what you’re saying is if you got renown 40 with Night Fae, a new level 60 alt who chooses Night Fae would automatically be maxed?

1 Like

Yeah. We tried to tell them that too. :confused:

Maybe not, but the story still exists. And, sorry, sometimes things exist for story reasons… because, and this may shock you, Blizzard has to design the game for more people than just you. :wink:

Yeah, I think it would be best that way. Or at least not have to play the campaign again and get that renown for free. I have like 4 or 5 alts now and I’m getting tired of doing the maw intro and the covenant campaigns over and over. It’s not anywhere near as bad as essences, but it’s still something that just seems like bloat in it’s current form.

1 Like

How about this… how about if you’ve earned max renown on 4 alts (with all covenants), and you want to switch a character to a different covenant.

I’ve seen the story, played their nonsense. Can I switch my characters around then?

This Xpac sucks for alts, it sucks for trying to max out a character only to be frustrated to know you picked the wrong covenant.

It’s a turn off for players to grind for months only to learn they have to do it again before they can play the game again.

No it takes FAR longer than 1 week to get back to max renown, it takes at least 3 weeks. (I’ve done it 5 times, so I know…)

Then just… stay with the covenant you like.

I mean, if you’re worried they’re going to make the FotM less flavourful, stick with your personal favourite, not the FotM. You’re only ILvL 212, so you’re obviously not high enough that NOT being FotM is going to make you not viable… so just play what you like.

I think that would work, as well.

1 Like

It only took me a week. So I’m not sure how it took you so long.