Covenants renown grind shouldn't exist

There is no way in hell you got to 38 renown in 1 week. The only way that could happen is if you played non stop (at least 16 hours a day) while also getting lucky to get renown from BG wins or a end boss kill in a dungeon.

You’ll eventually hit a wall with renown, where the daily (edit) quests stop giving your renown, etc.

You’re obviously mistaken, lying or intentionally trolling. (I’m not sure which)

1 Like

I reached level 60 on January 29. Hit renown 30 on February 7.

I don’t PvP. Everything I do is PvE. Renown drops pretty easily in what I do.

Only if you did it wrong.

Right. Straight to insults. Go play another game and stop taking your problems out on others.

I’m out.

I don’t PvE, I PvP and nothing drops renown. 50 BG wins, you might get 1 renown if you’re lucky!

EDIT: This is a PvP post if you couldn’t tell…

Which character? Certainly not the one you’re posting on… screen shot or it didn’t happen.

Further, you didn’t hit renown in 1 week then. You gain renown from leveling an alt (which I assume it was an alt).

You also played longer than a week January 29 to Feb 7th is longer than a week, just sayin…

I didn’t insult you, I said you were mistaken, lying or trolling. (I didn’t know which). I see no reason to change that assertion.

Really you’re going with that level of pettiness. 9 days is close enough to a week to count.

If it’d been a month… then you’d have a point.

1 Like

Yes, yes it is.

For more then reasons you stated might I add.

#PullTheRipcord

1 Like

Can I have your stuff?

He said it takes a week to get to max renown.

No it doesn’t. He’s leveling an alt getting renown on the way then is at alike renown 7-10 by the time he’s 60, then goes the rest of the way with quests and PvE Dungeons. And does it longer than a week. (much longer considering however long it took him to get from 50-60)

I’m talking about a level 60 player that switches a max renown covenant tonight… it will take more than a week to get to max renown again.

You know it, I know it… Blizzard knows it. It’s a stupid system…

It’s absurdly easy to gain renown; You get it from the weekly anima + souls, emmisary quests, castle nathria bosses, dungeons, the covenant storyline… Hell I think I even got it from a BG.

And if it takes more then a week… so what? You’re getting the covenant you want and I’m willing to bet you spend more time then that Getting your 213 PVP gear.

If they didn’t have power attached to them I wouldn’t agree

However despite all the warnings from players they decided to not do that and to make some extremely annoying situations for players, rogues are a lovely example of how they can really jerk around a player base

Rogues rolled kryian if they wanted to PvP, ven was a horrible option for everything, necrolords sucked and nightfae was pretty decent

Now we’ve got venthyr about to be the best for all content, kyrian just is bleh nercolord took a huge buff and nightfae is still decent

You can say pick the one you like but at the end of the day to a lot of players it’s just a talent choice and a few passives, to a lot of people it’s an extension of the content they like doing and how well they want to perform in it

This system is a joke and it’s just annoying as hell to have to regrind anything and has personally made me not want to use my rogue all xpac

On my hunter I decided to choose what I wanted to and forget performance, ended up changing because I discovered how much better the other abilities were and now I’ve had to swap back and almost gone back to square one even though my covenant level
Is going to be destroyed

1 Like

Finally someone who gets it…

To be extra petty (but also fair), 9 days is the minimum time span that could cover 3 different weekly resets, and that could skew the equation dramatically.

Also, if you’re actually including each individual day, it would be 10, not 9.

1 Like

I’m sorry I don’t mean to be that person but Max renown? The max of 40 renown isn’t open till next week. For people who are behind dungeons award renown, raids award missing renown, the covenant tasks like call to Maldraxxus and such reward missing renown it doesn’t take months to redo it maybe a week if you’re doing plenty of content but not a month

2 Likes

January 29th to February 7th didn’t cover that many resets, but I see what you’re saying.

I had 0 renown when I hit 60, because I ran the campaign, not ToF. Callings and dungeons and two world bosses covered 30 ranks pretty easily in that time.

So sure, we’ll go with two weeks to hit 40 when we unlock it.

Can I have your gold OP?

1 Like

Yeah it’s absolutely insane. Like I want to be Necrolord and it looks like they might actually be viable in 9.05 but if I switch I’ll have to regrind renown and my covenant and soul binds for a few weeks at least. In the mean time I’ll just do crap dps? Fun… What’s worse is if I don’t like it it’s like a 2 week minimum to switch back.

1 Like

This. I went from 8-22 in a couple hours of play time.

1 Like

What happened to “player agency” that was mentioned in Blizzcon 2019?

First off no, necro is best for m+, venthyr is good for single target in raids and is tied with night fae if you’re playing outlaw. Venthyr is now best for Sin on single target by about 150 dps over night fae IF you can get the full uptime on it, which you likely won’t in this tier.

Secondly, you literally haven’t even completed the raid. The covenant choice does not impact you in any way shape or form.

and yet its still left a sour taste in my mouth even as an RP champ

Thats pretty cool. I wasn’t sure if the renown was kept so once there is some solid down time I can switch and get all 4 on my main in like 2-3 weeks.