Covenants = Recipe for disaster

The point I was making was the point that I said. I set up the premise at the very beginning so that you know what I’m talking about even if you don’t know very many words. Reading your argument with other dude, you continually act like you don’t understand what he means when he says fights where dps doesn’t matter. “Oh tell that to the dps, that they don’t matter” and that sort of thing. Meanwhile, you’re not communicating like you’re actually dumb enough that you wouldn’t know what he means. So I question you, why do you act like that? This is my point. I don’t care about covenant abilities that much. But, I am going to point out a stupid argument for other readers, mostly, and cause I’m that guy.

The other guy is making a very reasoned argument, whether you agree or not, and you’re essentially responding with “durr how does i words and stuff”.

1 Like

Literally in store.

People whine about lack of meaningful choices, then are in arms when said choice actually has pros and cons. This topic alone proves why this community is impossible to please. The “balance” you are demanding in an impossibility, always has been, in both PvE and PvP. Expecting it to be achieved is pie in the sky nonsense. I suggest altering your expectations that every fight your DPS chart and choices have to be defined by world-class level play and simcraft.

1 Like

My argument is essentially this: “Class balance is reasonably good if you nerf Shadow Priests in Multitarget because if you look at All Fights, most things are parsing within 8% overall. Yes, some fights are better for some specs - but overall everyone has an impact.”

You: "You’re essentially responding with “durr how does i words and stuff”.

Nice talk, bro. Good luck with your whining. I hope you get what you want out of the 8.3 balance patch, I think.

Wow this really proves my point that you’re arguing in bad faith.

Ack, I mixed up which Tauren Druids were talking at me. Disregard.

Overall, nice conversation - hope you guys get what you want. Balance is tight.

BAck in the day we had similar things nut they were all attainable in wrath we had shoulder enchants you had to earn with specific factions but you could earn them all. Should be the same here let us learn about all the factions over the course of the expac. if you look at it right now you pick 1 of 4 covenants to pursue. why? we lose out on 75% of the content you make by being pigeonholed. How is that an efficient use of dev time. What purpose does it serve think about it? what do you gain from them being exclusive? Nothing…

Whats the cost.

Covenant content is mostly wasted on the average players they wont see it.

You know what will happen . “_” covenant is best for X class so = no choice.

Balance has always been whack. Just look at Classic.

I am not saying that excuses it. They should always strive for balance. But previous dev teams were no better. This isn’t a “BFA Dev Team” issue.

So, yes. Pretty much. When someone breaks down a well thought out point, and you take one part and (incorrectly) make a critique of that, attempt to summarize every other part relative to that false pretense that’s based on feigned ignorance… yeah, durr words and stuff.

And further evidenced with

What whining, again? Thanks. Or is again, a clarified critique of your commentary… or in your mind just literally anything not pro you, “whining”. And, further, further I don’t care about 8.3 balance. This isn’t been my point, hasn’t been my point, and won’t be my point. But you’re so focused on that that you can’t even attempt to participate in what I’m talking to you about. Maybe you can’t multitask well, if so, my bad, but it seems to go back to your “durr words bro” previous counter arguments. Either way, you’ve shown you cannot participate, whichever inability it is, so moving on.

1 Like

Balance got way better from TBC-MoP. Classes were receiving reworks midpatch ect. Then WoD happened and the balancing went downhill really fast.

I disagree. I found balancing to be just as bad then. Right now in WoW you only see a class balance issue in the hardest 0.01% of content. Its not really that bad. Every class/spec is viable for 99.99% of content/difficulties.

6 Likes

The guys arguments were built upon the foundation that: A.) "The fights that don’t highlight my point perfectly are too easy and don’t count and B.) “I don’t care about the fights where DPS doesn’t matter.”

You can’t build from that if the foundation is complete nonsense.

You might as well reword his whole argument to be: “Balance sucks because Orogoza.” … OK, sure. Spriests need a nerf there. No one’s denying that. But you guys seem to want to throw the baby out with the bathwater and declare the sky is falling because a couple of specs are overperforming on multitarget fights.

2 Likes

They’re going to just attempt to remove any need for balancing by removing the motivations of people who demand it to the point where they all quit. Then they can have fun building an easy game where they don’t need to consider balancing for all the casual solo players who are fine with world questing and herb picking for the rest of forever, dumping tons of cash on store cosmetics and MTX.

Superficial “fun” on par with being a dog and playing fetch is what they’re after.

REALLLLLLLLLLLY easy to build and maintain a game like that. REALLY cheap, too.

YOu need to learn how to read. You are hand picking stuff he said without using the full information he provided.

Pick based on cosmetics, not abilities.

That’s an absolutely rational point. Fights where dps doesn’t matter will have representation that isn’t respective of class balance, therefore they aren’t relevant to a discussion of class balance and it’s affect on representation.

No, you can’t do that. You might try to do that, but making a terribly incorrect paraphrase doesn’t mean you’re now correct.

I could rephrase your whole argument to “balance is okay because grape jelly is bomb yo” and it wouldn’t make it correct.

Either way, you’ve now answered my original question. Based on further logic (and lack of) you’ve shown, I can safely assume what you were thinking.

Have a good something.

At this point, I kinda wish I couldn’t - that’d have spared me the IQ points I’ve lost reading your arguments.

You must have lost a lot of IQ points before this argument even started with the amount of fallacies you use. Don’t act like you’re the smartest thing since sliced bread when you have the reading comp of a sixth grader.

Edit: Wow I messed up that analogy so bad and i’m going to keep it because I like to live with my shame.

1 Like

That’s nice honey. Have yourself a good evening.

Feedback on a system none of us have used? That’ll be effective.