Covenant Legendary Tuning

Nerf Endless Thirst and Sinful Hysteria for boomkins. You probably have to gut it because that’s how much better it is than everything else.

Buff Celestial Spirits more. I don’t want to swap covenants.

2 Likes
  • Kyrian – Divine Resonance: Reduced the duration of Divine Resonance to 15 seconds (was 30 seconds).

This change was extremely heavy handed, there should be better incentives to have people (specifically Retribution) to play other covenants that aren’t outright nerfing a legendary that makes them competitive (Speaking strictly from a person who is interested in raiding) This nerf won’t suddenly make night fae/venth’yr or necrolord viable options because simply put their covenant abilities either dont offer enough or play as well as Divine Toll does.

Buff other covenants and legendaries, don’t nerf ones that are good.

16 Likes

With this legendary, is your goal to tell people never to bind with another kyrian? It’s weird that the mastery bonus is so much worse than any other stat. For example, 8% stats is worth 320 vers or 280 crit, so binding with a kyrian for the mastery throws away a ton of stats.

Hey thanks for ruining this legendary before it even went live. Classic.

10 Likes

Hot take, the nerf was fine because devine toll is already stupidly over powered in pvp and makes ret paladins one of the most brain dead classes to play in pvp right now.

When you consider you can stack it with law bringing, divine toll having a chance to trigger anywhere from 5 to 8 instant cast judgments that do 100% more damage, then with this legendary would allow them to hit with even more jugments basically giving them a instant nuke button.

The unpopular option here is, ret deserved this nerf, their burst is already stupid crazy in pvp, this does not by any means make them unplayable, or worthless, means you just dont get a super easy mode button, you still get your easy mode button though.

1 Like

I wonder if Blizz started testing that Power with this trait from Mikanikos:

With this trait and that Legendary, you may have had Divine Toll up, it would be a potential of 10 seconds of ‘no divine toll’:

60 second cd base - 20 seconds CDR from EAA (above)= 40sec CD overall; using this legendary means that, pre-nerf, it would have given the player 30 seconds of intermittent use, meaning there would potentially be only 10 seconds of ‘CD/no use.’

I prefer the 30 seconds to the 15 seconds (duh!), because it felt like this was going to mate extremely well with First Avenger and that Mikanikos trait for survival, mob control (also survival), and dps, but the above reasons may be why they nerfed it.

If we generate holy power from Avenger’s Shield via the ‘echoes’ of Divine Toll, coupled with all the other benefits, that still is strong at 15 seconds.

Literally why. It’s near worthless for holy. It was looking to be a viable pick for prot paladins in m+. I literally do not understand the current dev team. Ret and Prot paladin are nowhere near overpowered or S tier in any form of content. These changes make 0 sense. If you need to nerf it by 50% then redesign it ffs. I get you are just the messenger Kaivax and the devs are to afraid of explaining their vision for some reason.

20 Likes

Its not about holy, its because ret is crazy strong with divine toll. Divine toll is basically a easy mode button in pvp for ret thats able to burst down most targets in a single go, if not bring them into the sub 30%. This ability would let them cast almost 2x the amounts of judgments they currently can.

2 Likes

You’ve probably heard this dozens of times over, but…well, Shock Barrier already augmented my Covenant class ability. Quite well, actually—and better than Divine Resonance does, too.

It’s a pretty good healing tool, too—too good, IMO. It really makes me wish Holy Radiance had been (and will be!) unpruned, since Holy’s lacking in group healing buttons.

Great. They can nerf it for PvP only. So screw over PvE for PvP again. Awesome. Then it needs to be redesigned from the ground up. But it won’t. These current devs are really something else. Prot paladins were looking forward to this legendary and not 1 holy paladin. But nerf it cause ret PvP. Makes sense.

3 Likes

I’m still looking forward to it, especially paired with Mikanikos. I’ve been digging him this patch thus far. That hammer of genesis haste buff (it procs when new mobs enter the fight) + the buff Bron’s Call to Action has been more fun for me than Pelagos’ Pac-Man playstyle with orbs :smiley:

It is definitely a big change, though.

Whats even better is you guys wait until Friday end of work day to announce this change so all feedback about it can be ignored over the weekend. What a joke this company is becoming.

5 Likes

More “tuning” and still no nerf to venthyr boomie lego and conduit.
Ecks dee

3 Likes

No you are not getting it, its OP already WITHOUT this legendary. This legendary makes it over kill is what im trying to say.

You dont need this. Besides you should be using shock barrier any way.

1. I’m not holy.
  2. I mentioned it’s not even good for holy.
1 Like

So then why are you complaining about it? there are dozens of legendaries that suck for other classes.

Revert or make 20 seconds

12 Likes

Read. Because it was looking to be decent for prot.

4 Likes

Literally why. It’s near worthless for holy. It was looking to be a viable pick for prot paladins in m+. I literally do not understand the current dev team. Ret and Prot paladin are nowhere near overpowered or S tier in any form of content. These changes make 0 sense. If you need to nerf it by 50% then redesign it ffs. I get you are just the messenger Kaivax and the devs are to afraid of explaining their vision for some reason.

9 Likes

The Kyrian Lego nerf is a bit extreme. Please reconsider.

13 Likes