Could we get a ruling on whether this is an exploit for pvp?

There are several threads talking about this now and Blizzard has been silent on the issue since…well I think 2012.

Currently random battlegrounds do not allow raids to queue. The limit is a 5 man. There are ways to get around that…I will refrain from the details but sometimes it uses and add on and sometimes uses voice chat. Anyway…

The question is, is circumventing the limit of a 5 man group in a random battle ground to create a full premade group an exploit?

I believe it is because it seems to give unfair advantage and ruin other people bg experience, but people argue against it and a straight answer would be helpful.

Thanks

17 Likes

Folks queing up at the same time wouldn’t be an exploit, given the fact there’s a change none of then would be join together in the same BG.

Well there is a bunch of info back in the day…that I can’t post here because it was in Engadget.

The thing is they coordinate the queue to get advantage and then drop if it doesn’t pop for all of them. It was deemed an advantage to have more than 4 friends so…yeah this has been going on in other forums.

Would like Blizz to just give us a ruling on it. Seems like in 2012 they ruled it was…but then they haven’t done much to block it. So can we do this or not?

2 Likes

If it was a exploit Blizzard would’ve taken action years ago.

Bots are a never ending battle thats solely on the player base for looking for the easy way out blizzard is constantly banning them but for every one dealt with another 1000 pop up.

Win trading is harder to deal with because its harder to track bots are more predictable but it does come back to bite the players in the butt.

That is exactly the issue with this, and why it hasn’t been stomped out. People looking for ways to far hks to get high honor level. Sorry but it fits all the rules of cheating, just want a ruling on it.

Circumvents a rule (ie you can only queue as a 5 man)
Gives an unfair advantage
Makes it less fun for other players

That all fits with an exploit/cheat in the code of conduct, but people claim it isn’t. It needs to be just flat out ruled on at least.

3 Likes

Ok, but there are no GM’s or developers here. This is a player help player forum. Yes there are Blizzard forum moderators, but they’re not GM’s or devs.

1 Like

Understood and that is frustrating. Trying to find some way to get a clearer ruling on it.

It is clear to me, but people like to exploit things so they are trying to find reasons around what Blizz has said long ago. Is there anyway anymore to get their feedback on it?

No feedback suggestions are usualy a one way,

1 Like

Sadly, players who are doing this now are very likely not going to stop even with a ruling - they’ll try and find other ways.

Oh yeah just want to put to bed the round robin talking about it on the forums

I think it depends, but I can’t be exactly sure. But yes, if people are able to get into a random battleground from a raid group, then yes, there is a possible hack or exploit. Though, if it has been happening since 2012, then obviously there isn’t an exploit if nothing has been done about it.

If you think there is an exploit or a hack in order to do so, then you should report it immediately so it can be looked into. But keep in mind, there is also a chance it may not be an exploit too, so don’t expect anything to happen as well.

Sorry but that logic doesn’t track. Tons of things Blizzard hasn’t put a stop to. It’s very hard to report a premade as an exploit because there is no way to be sure. That’s part of the trick. Wish I could post links as I would post to the Engadget article that showed the back and forth Blizz had. They very clearly said more than a 5 man in a bg is unfair, which by definition is cheating according to the TOS/Rules of conduct.

Anyway was worth a shot, will see if there is some other way I can get them to say what’s up. Thanks.

Seriously though, name one exploit that Blizzard hasn’t put a stop too.

Email to hacks@blizzard.com

It is in the support article I’ve just linked. If you don’t report it, Blizzard will not look into it.

2 Likes

Botting, gold selling, raid queues in bg (:))

Will send them an email and see if I get a response. Can’t report it until I see it and when I do in a bg it’s hard to report someone specifically. Anyway have a nice night.

This email is an one-way iirc.

They routinely ban people for that (when they were posting stats, it was 6 figures worth of accounts every month).

3 Likes

Now show us any game/company that has successfully stopped botting and gold selling/buying?

The only true way to stop this is for players that insist on cheating stop. Take that market away and the bots and gold selling/buying will dry up.

Until then, it’s a battle Blizzard fights every single day.

1 Like

Yeah. We have here a case of demand creating supply. If enough people want to buy something, there will always be someone who finds a way to sell.

1 Like

Not saying they are not fighting it…but you can talk to them about that in chats and such. Can’t do that on pvp as they haven’t had a round table in years. Biggest issue I have is there is just much less engagement with them over the past few years, especially on pvp.
Anyway not looking for another debate trying to find Blizzards official answer on it so I will shoot them an email.

Have a nice night and thanks for the help.