Could the Undead Night Elves be ever accepted by their living kin?

You can’t because the system won’t let you target friendly NPCs. Game has it’s own relationship with what’s supposed to be story canon. You don’t have cinematics of Warlocks casually leading demons through the streets of Stormwind, nor of Night Elf hunters leading their sabertooth cats into the local Stormwind Inn.

Lightforged Forsaken Incoming.

And the person I was replying to with that segment (who has since deleted their post?) was basically claiming otherwise, that mechanic requirements related to being a PC meant the night elves accepted the DKs.

Except that the Death Knights wanted to return to their people. These Undead NE’s don’t.

It’s uncertain whether or not the humans would accept their own living kin, and it’s only uncertain because we have conflicting sources on it in BFA.

Voss tells Amalia Stone that she won’t be accepted.

Sylvanas claims Derek Proudmoore will be accepted.

When we get an answer on who’s actually right, maybe we’ll get an answer about the Night Elves.

And I’m not entirely convinced that there are all that many Death Knights going back to their respective factions and whether that means anything at all. Other than a few NPCs thrown about as the odd kill target for a quest, the only major interaction we’ve seen between faction-loyal Death Knights was between Thassaurian and Koltira. In the end, their loyalties to one another as Acherus comrades was more important than their faction ties.

Is that gonna be the same for every Kaldorei Death Knight? No. Does that mean anything for the Kaldorei Forsaken? Also no.

Would it be possible? I think so. The Highborne were allowed to return. Maiev is seemingly back in the fold. According to Malfurion, "There should be no divide between my kaldorei and your sin’dorei .

Would it be easy? Probably not. Given the Night Elves likely have quite negative views towards them. But Elune’s teaching emphasize love and tolerance for all. Not to mention she forgave that one Satyr.

2 Likes