Could someone on the Community Council please participate in the PvP-focused Thread on the CC Forum?

I know this is a bit of a dumb post, but I’d appreciate it if someone on the Community Council could make a few observations / explain some common themes and post them in the PvP-specific thread on the Community Council forums.

I feel like most of us don’t actually visit the Council forums because we don’t have access to post ourselves.

I’m not entirely sure what the role of the Council is, but I feel like they’re essentially a way for the player-base to have an actual voice that, even if it doesn’t get responses, is more likely to get seen by people at Blizzard that can enact change. I think it’s easier to hear things from a small collection of players speaking for the collective rather than 100s of angry players.

I rarely see anyone talking about PvP on the CC forums, and it feels bad when it seems like no one in this position is advocating for our preferred game modes. (Outside of Efxsp.)

I know this is an “old man yells at clouds” post, but I feel like the Community Council doesn’t interact enough on their forum in general - let alone discussing PvP. Maybe they feel defeated because they don’t get any responses from Blizzard either and feel like they’re yelling into the void too. I’m not blaming anyone or blaming the Council for anything, I guess I’m just frustrated with things man. :confused:

6 Likes

obvs this

i just posted so you don’t feel like you’re yelling at clouds anymore

1 Like

there are only like 2 or 3 who pvp. rest are other types of players. and even then, only wpvp and efx do ranked. the other person mainly just does random bgs.

its a lost cause of a forum unless we get more people in there who are really prevalent in the community.

Looks like CC members mostly treat their forum as a customer service/bug report/Q&A outlet.
They aren’t responding to the threads that are asking for direct feedback on specific game topics.

:cricket: :cricket: :cricket: :cricket:

These feedback threads have activity

That thread has 8 replies 5 of which are the same guy that edited his original post and created additional posts to bump a thread that is already pinned to the top of the board.

This thread mentions the specific feedback threads created for game mode topics.
The single reply in this thread includes:
Positive feedback on a quest API change
Positive feedback on a legacy quest becoming more relevant
Concerns regarding the trading post quest not working correctly which should have probably been a bug report or customer service request.
This same guy also asked for a class change service recently.

Seems like their selection of candidates for council was aimed at picking well rounded players that participate in a wide variety of content. The problem with that is most of those players will be spending their time in legacy content chasing quest completion, transmog items, legacy items, achievements. They probably won’t be involved competitive PvP, high level Mythic+, or hardcore raiders.

They setup community council for player representation and selected mostly the nicest and sweetest people that don’t want to be a bother they could find to be on it. They are basically hand picked ringers.

I was told that council members have a cooldown or something

:slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:
oh dont you worry ill be happy to post there often

Can whoever posted about Ret Paladins post about Warlocks???