Could EA mitigate the sharding issue?

really. so you’re not getting an advantage out of paying extra for access to the servers before everyone else?

somehow i don’t believe you.
you have to deal with

1. less competition
  2. you’ll be at a higher level when others launch
  3. you’ll have earlier access to higher level dungeons and crafting materials.

but keep pretending you aren’t getting advantages for this.

1 Like

No you don’t. You are getting the exact same game. You don’t get an instant level 20 or something you just get the game.

Oh you know this? Do you think only 100 people would buy this? You could actually have more competition for all you know.

That’s nothing you got extra, you have to put in the work to do this. That’s not an extra addon to vanilla that’s you playing the game. I think you need to google pay 2 win bud.

Once again, that’s not pay 2 win, you have to put in the effort to get to that point. I could buy early access and not play and when the game releases I am at the same point as the other guy who didn’t.

Learn
What
Pay
To
Win
Means.

no. you just get serious advantages like

1. less congestion
  2. access before others.
  3. less competition.

but lets not pretend those aren’t serious advantages.

compared to actual launch? yes. it will be less competition.

but you PAID FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE THAT ADVANTAGE.

from wikipedia
In general a game is considered pay-to-win when a player can gain any gameplay advantage over his non-paying peers
oh guess what? by paying extra for early access you are paying for a gameplay advantage.

BOOM. Maybe you should learn what pay to win means.

No one has suggested an outlandish price tag on early access. Still wouldn’t make it pay to win but it’s not even close if the cost is relative to a subscription.

doesn’t matter. if you are putting an extra price on early access that still means you are paying extra to get an advantage. per the definition that is pay to win.

1. There is no advantage.
  2. Once again, there is no win.

Unless you consider hitting max level sooner than other as “winning”.

Has Blizzard ever said what they pay model would be? I just kinda figured it would be part of a wow subscription so I’m not even entirely sure how an early access would work. Honestly though I hate early access programs.

tell me how having access to the servers before others is not an advantage
tell me how having less competition is not going to give you an advantage.
tell me how having access to higher level zones when the game goes live is not an advantage.

again. pay to win does not mean “winning” look at the definition. pay to win is paying for an ADVANTAGE. you are getting an ADVANTAGE.

base subscription gets you access to retail and classic

1 Like

Here I’m going to make this super F’ing simple for you because this is obviously what you require.

DEFINITION: Pay-to-win . In some games, players who are willing to pay for special items or downloadable content may be able to gain an advantage over those playing for free who might otherwise need to spend time progressing in order to unlock said items.

Would you consider buying an expansion to play a beta pay-to-win?

Early access doesn’t wipe progress, so there is a part of me that thinks I understand the point you’re trying to make… but it’s fundamentally flawed by the the blatant differences between the two.

go ahead and read the rest of that definition. it continues. funny how you cut that off.

" In some games, players who are willing to pay for special items or [downloadable content] may be able to gain an advantage over those playing for free who might otherwise need to spend time progressing in order to unlock said items. In general a game is considered pay-to-win when a player can gain any gameplay advantage over his non-paying peers"

OH HOW NICE OF YOU TO IGNORE THE VERY NEXT SENTENCE WHICH COMPLETELY INVALIDATES YOUR ENTIRE ARGUMENT.

1 Like

considering nothing you do in beta carries over to the game? no.

Ok so you would say that having early access to the raids in beta isn’t an advantage?

considering all that information is made available to everyone online anyway and that top guilds would still be top guilds even without it? no. it literally changes nothing.
even if they didn’t let them buy access to it, who do you think blizzard would have test the raids?

The fact there are people advocating “wipe servers” to begin with just reminds me of the WoD Flight Bait-and-Switch all over again.

It sounds like a great idea on paper, but in practice it’s going to piss off a LOT of people. It’s a bad idea.

yeah not a fan of wipe servers either. imagine someone who rolls on such a server without knowing what it means. later on loses all progress.

1 Like

So practicing those raids first hand isn’t an advantage for world first teams?

Is that what you’re telling me?

I hate to be one of THOSE people, but having seen for myself what happens when Blizzard sees a bad idea on the forums and thinks it’s a good one because of the pretty words used, I think we need to actively quell those ideas.