Could EA mitigate the sharding issue?

who would you prefer blizzard have test those raids then? scrub nobodies from LFR?
fact is they would still be world first guilds if they went in blind. so go ahead. take away testing.

Answer my question. Are you saying that its not an advantage over others who don’t

yeah it does give them an advantage. and they make all that information public.
you know who can play the PTR? anyone. literally anyone can download the client and play the PTR.
beta testing? even i got access to to the beta for the last couple expacs.
so how does that apply? if even i can get access to it, when i wasn’t even playing at the time, who can’t?

but go ahead. if you feel that this is even REMOTELY SIMILAR take it away. then when every game is a bug ridden mess even worse then the most recent expansion is, you know who you can blame? people like you. because for some reason you can’t see the difference.

by the way - still waiting for your excuse why you cut your definition off halfway through.

I’m talking about a beta into an expansion. And if you buy the game sooner you get an invite others might not get. Now answer the question you child. Is that not an advantage over others who don’t pay for that.

I didn’t get an invite until I bought the game so your anecdote is irrelevant.

umm, i’ve never seen beta invites tied to pre orders. ever.
and maybe it is just random? i pre ordered BFA back the day they went live. got my beta acess in like…july?

this is just spam.

It is pay to win if you get a head start and you control the economy.

They were for BfA if you bought the 99 dollar version you got in.

So you could have an advantage over other raiders and players by getting in early. Would you not saying practicing this is not an advantage?

Since you’re dodging the question I’ll spell it out for you just so you understand. These types of advantages are not pay to win. No matter how bad you want it to be, it’s not.

Here’s a little tip for the next time you say something on the forums. Look up the definition of the word you think you know, make sure it fits the criteria of what your pinning that word on, and then make your post.

and i got it for nothing the two expansions before BFA.

sure. you know what though? you can practice Vanilla as well. some people have been practicing vanilla for nearly a decade. should we ban them?

i already answered your question. you haven’t answered mine though.

i did look up the definition of the word. you omitted half the definition that i supplied for you.

here is the difference between Beta and Early Access.
Beta only the knowledge carries over.

Early Access you actually get a head start.

Here’s a little tip for you - if you’re going to try to lie, do better then you currently are.

1 Like

I love it when people say this as if you can control it whatsoever lol. You can play it for sure and make loads of money. You can’t control it.

control? no. but it certainly gives them an advantage with the ability to get to the zones where resources matter first.
and that can potentially mean a lot.
imagine all the work you could accomplish with just two weeks of early access and less congestion in the zones you’re leveling and farming in.

And I didn’t. So someone who payed to get in got that advantage over me because they payed. If you can’t accept that this fits YOUR definition of the word p2w you are a hyopcritical moron. Nothing more nothing less.

That irrelevant to what I’m talking about. I’m talking about a new expansion and a beta. That fits your definition of p2w. Just to clarify it’s not p2w either although it gives you an advantage. Same with early access. You know what keep calling it p2w what do I care, be stupid doesn’t effect me lol.

No you didn’t. It’s a yes or no question and you didn’t answer it. What was your question? Did it involve your 2nd math homework? Because that’s probably what you really should be working on

No that was the full definition. Full stop. Early acces isn’t p2w and you are an actual moron if you think it is. Full stop. :slight_smile:

You said that if it gives you any kind of advantage it’s pay 2win. I’m throwing that definition in your face. I understand the difference but this fits your definition you gave to me. You can’t argue that, because it does give you an advantage so you have to include betas in with your definition. This was to show you how your definition is wrong not to suggest that betas are actually p2w. It baffles me you haven’t connected this yet. I take that back it doesn’t baffle me at all lol

huge difference - in one only the knowledge carries over.
in the other everything carries over.

according to the very definition you linked, if you are paying for an advantage non paying people do not get, it is pay to win.
since non paying people don’t get early access, and you can get ahead of them in zones, you are advocating for pay to win.
the knowledge you get from beta will be made publicly available for everyone to use.

really?

i rest my case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play

In some games, players who are willing to pay for special items or [downloadable content]may be able to gain an advantage over those playing for free who might otherwise need to spend time progressing in order to unlock said items. In general a game is considered pay-to-win when a player can gain any gameplay advantage over his non-paying peers. Such games are called “pay-to-win” by critics
nope. seems you’re wrong. you omitted part of the definition because you disagreed but guess what. you’re wrong.

and that information from beta will be made available to all. congratulations.

You know what man? I really don’t care enough. I really don’t. If you can’t accept a simple definition of a word and you want to be dumb, then be dumb! Free country.

you’re the one who cut out of the sentence you didn’t agree with.
literally the same place you got the definition from you just happened to leave off the two sentences that outright calls what you are advocating for as pay to win.

funny how you still haven’t answered my question though.

1 Like

Like I said man just go about your blissfully dumb way :slight_smile: it doesn’t effect me whatsoever have a nice day

still haven’t answered my question. funny i answered yours but don’t get the same courtesy back.

Answering a question would imply I wasted my time reading every stupid word you said. You proved to me exactly how you think in one of those sharding threads and boy let me tell you… there isn’t a lot there.

1. Less total people on fewer servers…but still capped out
  2. Later Access people will be on different servers
  3. See 1 and 2

Do I think this will happen? No but it is a fun thought experiment.

why? because i don’t want sharding in classic? yeah not sorry.
i’d rather classic not be plagued by something that is antithetical to classic.