Cosmetic helm mogs purchased from the shop are missing

That is precisely what it is. Do not be surprised if they disappear again … only to return once again.

6 Likes

This is better off posting in the numerous threads in the bug reports.

These went missing for me again about 20 minutes ago. Tried reloading, relogging, completely closing the Battle.net launcher, etc. to no avail.

Then post about it in one of the many threads over in the Bug Report Forum on this known issue that is still being worked on.

1 Like

This is an ongoing issue that keeps randomly happening to any transmogs that are from the store or special ones like the ones from the virtual ticket, etc. They will vanish and either reappear immediately but strip the transmog from your armor and force you to re-transmog it again only to strip it the next time you log off and log back in or they will just vanish for extended periods of time from your list. They still haven’t fixed it and it happens to random people and random times for no reason it seems. Had to fight with it myself a few times when using parts of the Faerie Dragon set. No clue what they did that has busted the system during this expansion.

This is indeed intermittent. I stand corrected - apparently we have been able to track down a cause and reproduce. Yeah!

5 Likes

Well I’m glad you were able to reproduce this, Orlyia, but appears it hasn’t been fixed yet. This just occurred again about five minutes ago for me. Both the helm mogs and also the back pack mogs, the little murloc guys, have disappeared.

One, it’s a pain because I have to pay gold to re-mog once they re-appear.

Two, this affects transmogs items I purchased from the shop.

This needs a fix.

I feel confident that Blizzard will make some sort of announcement that the issue has been corrected once the fix has been applied.

Keep an eye on the News ( https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news ) page for any hotfix notices.

In the interim, it might be best to abstain from using the affected transmogs so as to avoid any unnecessary fees.

Please note, you won’t be charged any transmog fees while Trial of Style is active. It will run from 20 MAR 2022 until 24 MAR 2022.

3 Likes

Orlyia didn’t say they had a fix, just that they’ve tracked down a cause and can reproduce it. That is the first step in fixing it. It could still take weeks to make and test a fix.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t know for sure because I’m not on the team working on it. But it can take a while because a little change in the code can affect the whole game, not just the store items.

Bots used exploit a coding bug to advertise with characters floating in the air in Ironforge and Orgrimmar. The initial fix that was tested internally that they told us about made it so characters couldn’t move up/down on things like hills and stairs. The game code is a lot bigger and more complex than it was then.

So yes, it could take months/years. Or it could already be ready for an upcoming hotfix. It could fix some but not all cases because it could be more than one bug causing it.

The point is the problem as gone on for way too long and is continuing to go on even after the “cause” is known.

Also, they could have made applying those transmogs for free since they aren’t able to resolve the problem

Knowing the cause doesn’t automatically fix the issue.

Why? It only happens to a small fraction of the players. How do you know that it would resolve the issue?

How do you know this?

I never said it resolves the issue. It reduces the cost due to the bug.

A Blue mentioned it.

How? The bug would still need to be fixed.

I seriously doubt it only affects a few players. They have only sold a few store transmogs? I know a bunch of players just in my guild that have them.

How would it reduce the cost of the bug? Seriously? Keep repeating the bug would need to be fixed because it has needed fixed for over a year now.

I’m sure Blizzard would love to have you if you know more than all of their staff combined.

That aside, rather than necroing an old thread, you can bookmark this one as Kalviery has been good about offering updates as they have them.

Also, no pity for people who keep using the mogs and then whining about the costs. If you know it’s an issue, don’t use them. Or use them at your own risk and suck up the gold.

2 Likes

Aren’t you the smart one. There are Blue posts peppered throughout that thread as they’ve learned and worked on this thing. There has been progress. It’s not fixed yet, but it actively shows that they’re working on it.

Now, this forum isn’t one to whine and vent on. Nor is it one to report bugs for that matter since there are no Devs here. So rather than continue this one until it gets locked (which I’m sure it’s fated to do anyway), if there is something we can help you with, we’d be glad to do so. Otherwise your suggestions and feedback need to go in the proper forum or submitted through the in-game interface.

1 Like

You are the one claiming to work for a software development company. That doesn’t mean you know how to program. A bug like this could affect other things from the store and affect more players. So yes, it would need to be fixed.

Being punctilious about wording doesn’t make you look smart. Proportionately a small number of players are having the issue. Based on the information given by the Blues, and the fact that the forums haven’t been flooded with threads about it.

1 Like