Corruption is Cool

All I see is negativity and complaining here.

In contrast, I think the idea of corruption is interesting and will make gameplay more challenging and more fun. The majority of people here just seem to want to play some loot collecting simulator with no challenges, like robots sitting there clicking buttons monotonously.

I for one welcome the increased complication and difficulty, along with the differing look as you gain more corruption.

Just my two cents. Can’t wait for this to come out.

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention is the added mechanics. Mechanics are my favorite part of the gameplay. The fact that mechanics will now be implemented via corruption is one of the things I’m looking forward to the most.

16 Likes

…and here…we…go

5 Likes

BUT BUT BUT [conjecture based on some PTR screens] reeeeeeEEEEEEEEEE

5 Likes

All humans are robots in the sense that we use heuristics to optimize thinking. An important heuristic in World of Warcraft is figuring out what content is worth our time.

The people who are complaining are simply employing a more advanced heuristic. Instead of wandering around towards emissary caches and getting excited whenever they hear the titanforging sound and see a toast showing a blue item becoming purple, they plan things out. And they know Raidbots will be demanding cash from them once “corruption” is a solved problem.

3 Likes

Did you come here just to tell us how happy you are about the game? How dare you.

2 Likes

Im not super excited about the corruption mechanic, but the power you can get is pretty insane.

Im going on a hunch that it’ll be pretty easy to figure out your BiS if you can look past the corruption effects.

Until you have over 100 corruption (past any mitigation) and you no longer can be healed and 1 attack can kill you.

3 Likes

How about addressing my specific points?

Corruption is taking a good idea (powerful drawback for a powerful reward) and applying it to gear, when it should have been applied to other more important things (like essences) for how significantly it impacts gameplay.

The benefits of corrupted gear are going to be modest at best. The drawbacks are going to be unbearable at worst. Either make the drawbacks equally modest or make the benefits equally powerful.

If their goal was to make me excited about getting corrupted gear they’ve failed spectacularly, but if the goal was actually to throw a wet blanket on Titanforging, then I’d say they actually did a good job.

A new and exciting way to give me a reason to avoid content.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter how fun it may or may not be, it still conflicts with the main problem here.

Gear, should just be gear. We don’t need RNG item levels, or big fancy talent trees tied to them or spoooOoOky old god curses.

Please, tell me. Was there a problem, with gear simply being gear. Or did they make all these changes, for the sake of change.

14 Likes

Ouch :sweat:. Looks like its back to the drawing board lol.

1 Like

It says a lot that they are including a way to completely negate that “challenge” and “fun”. Almost as if they know people won’t like it.

2 Likes

Side effects have a new debuff every 20 points of corruption. The one past 100 is reduction to healing taken and increased to damage taken.

I like the concept.

3 Likes

Personally I’d rather not self-yeet myself just because I wanted some higher stats but y’know

Titanforged is bad but despite how cool Corruption can be, the fact the benefits are heavily RNG based and you can own yourself with them is just too much

4 Likes

Classic WoW has proven, Gear doesn’t need to be fancy and fun and out of this world to make people want to get it.

Infact, it makes people want to get it more, because it’s not complicated and its assured what they’re getting is what they get.

7 Likes

Yeah, we guys n the arena forums are not as enthused

you like the rng negative stat on the rng new benthic gear?

its rng on top of rng its just in a negative aspect now instead if boosting ilvl.

its negative titanforging but you like it and think its fun?

1 Like

it says that they somewhat care, I also like the idea of corruption but forcing someone to deal with it is not cool and goes against the idea of choosing to use this unclean power, but like I said I’m glad its a choice, people who dont like it don’t have to do it

Yeah, bring back seasonal PvP gear vendors and I won’t have to

2 Likes

you can clean the corruption that’s what I meant

I’m going to bet no one will be using it in content that actually matters. No one wants to fail mechanics because they have to dodge a self dropping puddle or randomly spawned add. It’s going to end up being way overpowered gear for world quests and islands. Doesn’t sound like much fun to me.