Corruption Effects Adjustments Incoming

Well the changes are delayed for now but shall see how this all unfolds.

So players have the remainder of this week to get other corrupted gear that will make up for the upcoming nerfs to EV, and get new pieces of gear that have VR to make up what they had already cleansed?

Also, since you’ve been reading our thoughts, are corruption costs going to be reduced in line with the reduced damage output? I see no mention of that, yet.

4 Likes

Something else to add on this

As I stated before, nerfing the good ones is the wrong approach however I’m going to go into more detail why this time.

The main gameplay mechanic of corruption is the negative effects. If you have too much, you have to deal with those. However, because of that the ONLY reason for players to engage in that system is if there is a great reward (DPS, usually).

NERFING the good ones will completely eliminate this system, especially without corresponding corruption value nerfs. The risk/reward ratio will be completely thrown off. Why bother with the risk of death for a 3% gain to dps?

Now, some might argue that the negative effects are trivial right now, or only punish the healers (i would agree) however that is the part of the system that should be focused on.

BUFF the under performing corruptions instead. And possibly consider buffing them ALL but making the negative effecs more impactful in ways other than damage. Perhaps the Thing From Beyond could stun the player if it hits? The Eye of Corruption could silence the player after it hits 5 stacks? Gameplay elements are GOOD and would improve the system.

But ONLY IF YOU HAVE A GOOD PAYOFF. Currently only EV/TD/IS give this payoff for high corruption values.

BONUS FEEDBACK: Currently the chance of getting a specific corruption is WAY WAY too low. Everywhere I look it seems to be around a 15% chance to corrupt. With 51 possible corruptions, that leaves only a 0.3% chance to get a specific corruption you might want. Even out of guaranteed sources like the weekly chests that is only a ~2% chance (except not really because trinkets can’t corrupt).

EVERY ITEM SHOULD BE CORRUPTED. Then you just need to make cleansing free.

12 Likes

Nope! Blue’s reply totally skipped over feedback regarding allowing players to reverse cleansing on items. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Quite true.

But on the upside, Corruptionforged gear seems to be a lot easier to get than Legiondaries were. So hopefully we’ll all eventually get our BiS.

Back in Legion sometimes even with heavy farming, the gaps between legiondaries lasted weeks.

In BFA, you are almost guaranteed to get one corrupted item from the weekly mythic+ cache (just pray you don’t get a trinket). Plus there are many other avenues to get corrupted gear. You can even buy it at the AH.

Don’t nerf the good performing corruption effects!! Those damage increases are what those high levels of corruption should bring, otherwise what’s the point? They shouldn’t be nerfed. Other abilities should be buffed such that most things are doing X amount of damage per corruption point. If the damage output is very low per corruption point, what’s the point in being corrupted at all? The negatives are way too annoying and/or dangerous.

This is outrageous that you all think it’s okay to mess with the gear we’ve spent weeks now fine tuning, simming, and cleansing other items to maximize our DPS/healing.

4 Likes

I actually agree with most of this. :+1:

The whole point of the system is for the damage effects to be overpowered, but your “great power” tries to kill you too. I kind of hated it at first, but it’s grown on me. It would be a shame if they just ruin it by killing off all the good high cost corruption.

2 Likes

I kind of wish I hadnt gotten rid of void ritual either but the proc was too low I got a much nicer chance of popping one of the mindflayer tentecles now.

So the fix that should have been in place weeks ago is now going to be delayed again.

so let me get this straight i finally get a piece of gear with good corruption after cleansing corrution because it was suppose to be bad only to find out i was wrong. what is the point of PTR if you’re going to do this. honestly if i didn’t pay for this game with gold i wouldve stopped playing this game like i did back in cata. I came back in legion to experience the problems i saw with legendary items n seems like ur going to repeat the mistakes in legion in shadow lands. you canceled 8.3.5 only to show us you haven’t learned anything and your going to just leave us with a very broken corruption system in bfa. I personally hated titan forging i thought it allowed bad players to slide by and get into good positions because of rng this is worse. I see what the dev team did you wanted us to hate the corruption system so much will be begging for the titansforging again. instead of just going and saying we can this with a flat damage or have a max hp cap on it you decide to nerf it into the dirt. now i have a rank 3 echo that im going to more then likely cleanse i had my corruption to a very high priced level for a reason because the risk vs award factor but there’s only risk no reward. and now you making the same mistake as you did before n going to go back to the game undesirable guess ill get AOTC and see everyone in shadowlands

Even for tanks, if you look at bloodmallet it’s not even really broken other than Guardian and Blood specs. It’s near the top, but not a massive outlier from the other traits for it’s cost.

2 Likes

If you actually were listening, you would have removed the random upgrdes entirely.

4 Likes

This company is run by monkeys, really can’t say it any other way.

I’m ashamed to be playing a game by Blizzard at this point and I’m embarrassed for everyone on the team. It’s actually hilarious how terribly so many aspects of this expansion have been:

1. Islands were a flop
  2. Warfronts were a flop
  3. Removal of Master looter was insane
  4. Removal of PvP Vendor was insane
  5. Essences great idea but flopped on execution
  6. Azerite went from atrocious garbage to uninspired and half baked
  7. 8.3 Introduces dailies which are actually a step back from World quests. Literally world quests with extra steps.
  8. Mechagnomes
  9. Putting the GCD on Cooldowns, why? What on earth why god? What? Who was complaining about this? You stripped a bunch of abilities then made playing the specs even worse by adding this.
  10. Class Balance in this expansion has been DREADFUL. Absent father type abuse from Blizzard on class balance.
  11. Gaining positive press for removing titanforging then by some magical power making a system with even more RNG
  12. Managing to make the same mistakes as Legendaries in their original form with corrupted items (aquired randomly with varying strengths) then adding an EXTRA layer of RNG by having varying tiers. Imagine if legendaries had tiers?

Like it’s shattering that a company I love so much has become so woefully, woefully out of touch.

30 Likes

How about doing some class changes for once? Class tuning used to be a regular thing that occurred often. Now we remain in the same meta for months on end making the game stale.

6 Likes

This would be the least they could do for the rest of this patch and it would be a huge improvement.

I think the issue is how wildly uneven the power levels of a the corruption effects are. My main just got 465 bracers, +15 corruption, unnamed stat boost corruption effect. But her 445 bracers, +15 corruption, with Void Ritual, still sim higher. Titan forging might have been an uneven distribution of power, but at least those power boosts operated within the existing ilvl/stats paradigm. Corruption is a complete RNG wildcard that also runs counter to the alleged idea that ilvl should be a fair indicator of whether gear is an upgrade or not.

4 Likes

Why nerf something that you intended to be in the game? This was not tested from the beginning. We as gamers are now subjected and have no say in the matter. This along with other countless changes over the years. Its really sad. 8.3 is a horrible RNG fest of gearing and “hoping” you proc @ the sametime. :man_shrugging: :sob:

It’s the last tier. There is no eventually. Who wants to be farming for EV until Shadowlands drops?

Roll back purified gear for the last 3 weeks.

what about infinite stars still doing over 10% of someone’s damage on ST fights? Is that intended to be in line with other corruption pieces?

2 Likes