Corruption Effects Adjustments Incoming

So suddenly DPS/corruption is no longer a metric to go by?

At a 50% nerf Echoing Void will have a absolute horrible DPS/corruption value (only twisted appendages being worse). The doubled Void Ritual will have even more DPS/corruption then Echoing Void.

That nerf is way over the top or should come with a corruption cost reduction.

If Shadowlands design and balancing continues on this level… then you could just as well abort it now.

9 Likes

Buff the under performing corruptions as hard as you’re nerfing the over performing ones for once in your life learn what “balance” means

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, do you developers look at the cost/benefit ratio of corruption affixes? Like if you have 30 corruption (cost) and you could pick an affix that will benefit you (usually increasing dps) - is your design philosophy that you want players to make tough choices, or do you want them to have really good obvious choices and the rest are the classic ‘trap’ choices?

Go to bloodmallet and check out the math behind your corruption affixes and notice the huge discrepancy in usefulness between affixes per corruption cost. Would it not be much better gameplay if it wasn’t all mathed out and obvious what affixes to go for? Perhaps spend some time bringing those poor affixes up instead of all the good ones down (which are still miles ahead of the poor ones).

DPS/corruption is the important metric here.

3 Likes

So you’re reducing the corruption penalty by 50% also right?

3 Likes

I cleansed a Tier 3 Void Ritual on my DK…

Now the stats are DOUBLED!? You f------ kidding me? Any chance on a reversal? This is why you do this before reset not after.

2 Likes

Player tests on the PTR logs data, Blizzard logs data. System goes live AS IS, Players bust their tushies to get the certain pieces, 3 week later Blizzard is still nerfing the system…

Every system this expansion failed, poorly tested by the dev team, poorly implemented and poorly addressed.

Player Feedback was there, Dev feedback was absent and you see the result.

16 Likes

Literally this is my only DPS corruption and I don’t even have the rank 3 version, great nerf, couldn’t just nerf it for tanks, you kidding me?

1 Like

You would think if they are buffing a corruption (void ritual for example) they would just put in a hotfix that reverts all cleansed void ritual items back to their initial state! The only negative in that situation is some people would just cleanse that item again if they really didn’t want it. The cost to cleanse is so low I doubt many would complain if they had to cleanse it twice. We know the Dev’s can revert all on an item, that’s the only fair thing to do.

If only players on the ptr had realized the problems this system would incur and posted their concerns months in advance.

12 Likes

If you take the blood mallet value’s for dps/corruption as a basis… a 50% nerf to echoing void without a corruption cost reduction will make it as “good” as the old void ritual…

1 Like

That does nothing. They don’t listen to feedback anyway. How many bugs were pointed out in beta the past few expansions only to make it to live and be hotfixed immediately?

4 Likes

So you’re also nerfing echoing void’s corruption costs by 50% right? Or is this another one of those “we’d rather you not play with echoing void” Hazzikostas moments

8 Likes

Take it a step further. The whole “player agency” was a trending topic weeks prior to BlizzCon. It was like they tried to connect the call for agency with a system they had already defined.

And now the shills/apologists are like ,“See! Agency!”. The argument falls flat as you can just as easily say that being able to reforge azerite traits is “agency”. It’s not.

2 Likes

Or they jump to the next OP corruption instead.

When will you idiots be uncleansing my void ritual pieces? When will you be reducing corruption on the now nerfed items?

Never? Great glad to hear you haven’t learned a anything from the last 5 years. Cheers keep up the horrible work!

10 Likes

Off topic, but is this a new trend? Shouldn’t this be “and needs TO BE nerfed”?

but yet you’re leaving Infinite stars alone when even after a 25% nerf its still op good on you blizz admitting how incompetent you are

1 Like

Can Blizzard fire all the WOW team now? they are ruining the game and reputation. STOP NERF! WE need BUFFs!!!

2 Likes

I think they are just horrible at making balance changes. These massive and arbitrary balance fluctuations have been happening for the entirety of the xpac

Devs introduce new ability/trait to patch up some of the damage suffered by the classes in the Legion-BFA transittion - Beta testers point out that said traits are either way overtuned or absolutely useless - Devs ignore all feedback and the traits go live - outrage ensues - Devs end up backpeddaling a few weeks into the patch, screwing the people that farmed for that trait and discarded other pieces of gear that will now become BiS - No one is happy.

This used to happen once or twice per expansion for each class, now it happens with every single content patch and at least in my case, it’s starting to really piss me off. The borrowed power system just doesn’t work and makes power balancing a nightmare

4 Likes

Echoing Void only did 12% of an Outlaw Rogue’s damage during Mythic+. The other 88% of the spec is sorting CD (Adrenaline Rush, Blade Flurry, and Focusing Iris) timings and playing the rotation correctly. I don’t get why you are saying that Echoing Void did everything by itself. That is just a false statement.

1 Like