Corruption, alts, and not doing cloak. Broken

technically correct.

However… the easy quests to get momento’s comes after the cloak.

Basically you get cloak, run some stuff, Wrathion gives the momentos, and you cleanse at mother.

Not really caring about the say SW/Org vision…rush in to die. Still counts for the complete to get 100 momentos.

Maybe start the trait tree for visions, and it still leaves 50 to cleanse. 5 momento’s a cleaning so its not too bad.

unless pressed for time…just get the cloak. its at least a for sure 470 item. Even if no plans to grind it out…its a 470 item lol.

Legion wasn’t a casual-fest, lol. If anything, the AP grind was worse back then because we had to do it by spec/artifact weapon. However, the sources of AP were more plentiful (i.e., we could farm old raids, which I miss), and the lore was so much fun, I didn’t mind that grind as much.

8.2 didn’t feel that bad to me, I wasn’t dropping a faction of toons back then. I am now. Part of that is that 8.3 is such an obvious, boring skinnerbox, I have little desire to engage with its systems. The gearing right now is so incredibly asinine! Why would I want to do this multiple times?

5 Likes

Because that’s how the game is. This is like asking why you can’t just run into Gumbas in Super Mario Bros.

Either play the game, or turn it off and go do something else.

I don’t know what else to tell you.

4 Likes

It’s the era of people wanting as many rewards they can get with as little effort as possible. Why play WoW if it makes people so miserable, I’ll NEVER understand it.

5 Likes

That’s the problem, though . . . this patch is making more hardcore players turn the game off.

Yesterday, my husband said he wasn’t planning on resubbing when his time ran out at the end of February. This is a hardcore gold farmer with millions and millions across 30+ realms, enough to buy us both multiple longbois.

Sad thing is. . . I think I’ll probably follow him. I’m going to do my KSMs and AOTCs, and probably get out.

Maybe we’ll be back for Shadowlands . . . maybe I’ll stick it out. I just don’t know at this point. And it makes me sad.

1 Like

As it should be and as it mostly always was until Legion.

2 Likes

100% this. There are so many complaints about how bad and dead the game is, if the game brings one that much frustration then they should just quit and find something they enjoy doing with their time.

1 Like

I have a problem with that as well. I either don’t want to see corrupted gear from the world quests in the original areas and that might be unfair to others or I want an alternative way to cleanse the corruption off that gear.

I just can’t see myself wasting time doing world content on my alts if I have to vendor the gear.

I don’t agree with this at all. You shouldn’t get a free piece of gear because you did it on your main.

This isn’t a reasonable fix to the problem and really isn’t necessary.

1 Like

Cleansing corrupted gear needs to cost nothing. I don’t want it, I don’t need it I don’t want the cloak or need the cloak. Leave all that for the raiders. make corrupted drop only in raids or mythic+, leave it out of world quests.

That’s not the same thing and you know it. I can do world quests without needing the cloak, I can do world quests without needing the corrupted gear. But I can’t wear what I get from them because I need the cloak to wear it, or I need to do the questline to cleanse it. There is more to this game than just raiding, mythic+ and stuff you need the cloak for. But yet I’m forced to get it so I can do the stuff it’s not needed for.

14 Likes

I got some good pieces and sent them to my alts only to discover that I can’t cleanse them without that stupid cloak. Not doing it, so I guess I’ll be destroying those pieces of gear and just forget about all of my alts. Or better yet, I think it’s time to unsub until Shadowlands drops. This isn’t worth paying for as it is.

5 Likes

This doesn’t make much sense to be honest. There is no advantage to them to drive a group of players away to make others feel ‘better’ about themselves.

2 Likes

Just because YOU don’t want the cloak or corrupted WQ gear a lot of other people do. I like the fact that almost any gear can corrupt.

1 Like

OK that’s fine. Then there should be no cost to cleanse it. Just because YOU want the corrupted gear and Cloak does not mean I do.

5 Likes

yes so he wants to be able to cleanse it for no cost - how is that bad ? you get to keep your corrupted gear and he gets to play his alts

4 Likes

If someone actually quits over doing a less than 3 hour quest line then nothing of value was lost.

4 Likes

That’s not going to happen.

Well I suggest when you become in charge of blizzard you can make that assessment on their behalf. Up to that point I imagine they would prefer to keep as many customers paying them as possible.

speaking for blizzard yet again…

4 Likes

I have 28 level 120’s thats 84 hours of questing for something I don’t need

8 Likes

I don’t think people are quitting over a 3 hour questline.

I think people are quitting over the quality of the patch–and the entire expansion–in general. Blizzard phoned this patch in, there’s no way around it.

2 Likes

Then don’t do it.