Corrupted Ashbringer Wasn't a Challenge Mode Item. Bring It Back

Probably would? I could envision something like the on-use transform weapons, but I imagine artifact knowledge and relics would run into issues there.

Lmao, PvP has been a joke for a while now.

A good portion of players that have those drakes, also have multiple other Gladiator drakes.

Year after year, it’s the same people.

So it’s fine if a group of players gets multiple cosmetics to themselves (and keeps getting new ones), yet I can’t keep what I earned playing WoW before most others did?

Okay lol

This wasn’t some beta reward. It was a drop in a Raid that happened to get removed. Something you wouldn’t have known would happen when you got the item.

I’m talking about Tabard of the Protector.

Got to be honest, I stopped being ‘proud’ of my WoW accomplishments ages ago.

Maybe if this were an award from an esports event of big competition against other players, I could empathize with the whole prestige angle.

But it’s a 19 year old item. From a video game. If you’re ‘damn proud’ because you got lucky with a loot roll drop and roll, that’s just embarrassing.

1 Like

Apologies, then. I’m focused on CA, and playing another game aside.

Yet ashbringer is ok since as of today you can still get it.

Makes a whole lot of sense.

1 Like

Literally not what I said, gladiator mounts come from an actual challenge, which Blizzard has stated is not in line with their current design goals. The CA, as well as the Zulian Tiger and Tabard you brought up, came from content that was either a literal non-elite, non-dungeon quest (kill 6 invading felguard that the argent dawn protectors would also help fight) or came from instances that were able to be completed one or two expansions later.

Which is not an item from a challenging or prestigious achievement, it was literally “were on level for the TBC prepatch”

Your life is your own.

You can be proud of anything.

It was still a challenge. Most never even hit 60.

I’m just happy I got it at all.

The tabard was not the reward from a challenge, it was the reward for showing up. By all means, be happy about it, but don’t act like it was the reward for challenging content to bend over backwards and explain why it shouldn’t be available.

1 Like

Like I said,

1 Like

And I’m still proud I got it lol.

Expansion launch item, that’s why.

Argent Dawn doesn’t even exist anymore lorewise, it’s all the Crusade now.

It would really depend on how they did it on the back end. Was all the artifact power tied to the actual weapon, or was the equipped item just a placeholder for all the effects? I suspect a bit of both in reality.

0 challenge, 0 prestige, absolutely fair game for it to be brought back.

I suspect a combination of wacky code, prayers, and some form of quest flag system. But, yeah depends what the backend looks like for sure.

1 Like

Yeah, well, that’s like, your opinion.

It’s prestigious to me, and I love seeing folks stop by to look.

Haven’t seen a single item brought back from any expansion launches, thankfully.

Someone’s gotta tell him, right?

1 Like

Sure.

Tabard of Theramor, and the mana bomb. Who knows, maybe if we get Remix TBC it’ll be something we can get.

2 Likes

The BMAH? That’s so RNG I can hardly count it.