Corrupted Ashbringer Wasn't a Challenge Mode Item. Bring It Back

:man_shrugging:t5: I don’t make the game, I just recognize the patterns.

Most stuff from Vanilla is straight-up off-limits in terms of being brought back, it’s grandfathered on purpose.

It wasn’t hard by today’s standards and even Blizzard knows it, but they still want to “protect” those items.

And every expansion brings some kind of event with items that is only avaliable for that moment in time, gone forever afterwards.

That’s just how it’s been, for years, for decades now lol.

And I don’t think it’s gonna change anytime soon.

Limited-time pushes consumers to buy and consume.

Plunderstorm and MoP Remix are just more of the same.

People are playing them because they want the goodies that’ll be gone tomorrow, no different from any other expansion.

Any time you play a multiplayer game, there’s gonna be stuff like this. Even Pokémon.

1 Like

I can also see the patterns, as can everyone else, and disagree with the way it’s being handled, which is why we have this topic.

Like I posted, I don’t mind if anyone else gets the “super rare, difficult to obtain” appearance today by spending 500 tender.

My reward was getting there first.

The one time I got salty about it, back when I was way more immature, was when they made the 310% flying available to everyone after I spent a whole year grinding the events to get the fugly looking violet proto drake for that speed gain alone.

I don’t even care about it anymore.

1 Like

I generally don’t care if it’s a cosmetic.

I have a few nice ones, but it pales in comparison to the total amount of things I’ve missed out on that I’ll never get, ever lol.

People just need to accept that they’ll never have everything.

Especially if it’s something old, that’s just how it is.

Other games do the exact same stuff.

Blizzard is gonna do what it does.

I just don’t want something I worked hard for, avaliable for essentially free.

They don’t need to. It’s digital. There is no need for scarcity.

Let’s copy the good and leave the bad there.

Nah, it’s a business.

Digital scarcity is a part of that.

FOMO is a part of that.

Without people scrambling to get rewards, there’s no business to be had.

It’s why games sell skins and why some cosmetics are more valuable than others.

1 Like

Incorrect, the majority of it was removed because of the old world revamp, blizzard has been steadily adding items back in and this specific item not being added back is out of line with their stated intentions for bringing items back.

You’re saying the game is !@#$ then, and people only play for FOMO rewards?
I’d really have to disagree here.

Either way, I’m done with the topic.
Have fun, people.

Well, as long as they leave my tabard out of it lol.

Nothing makes me lose interest in WoW faster than giving out once-rare items for free.

I’ve got my limits. If they touch my things, I’m gone to another MMO that does respect my stuff lol.

Lol YOU said that, not me.

And yeah, I think the game actually would be crap if there was nothing to chase.

Quit misusing this when you have no idea what it means.
Nothing in this thread or what you have said relate to FOMO.

OP just wants an ultra-rare item to be put back into the game because … contentious forum topic to troll folks. Which is further more proven by their username.

They should put the tabard back too, it came from a world event not challenging content. That’s peak trading post rewards right there. Nobody wants it taken away from you though, if you get bent out of shape someone else has something that is on you.

1 Like

It’s weaponized FOMO.

That’s what the Trading Post and Battlepasses as a whole are.

If you don’t play this month or whatever, you’re missing those rewards.

If it’s given freely, it’s taken from me.

It was from TBC launch. A special expansion event.

Honestly, that would be the last straw for me, lol.

WoW is 20 years old, I’d write it off as dead at that point. Especially if taking away grandfathered rewards.

If this is what Blizzard wants to do, then they don’t need me anymore lol

You do not know what the word taken means.

Well, I hope to see you heading out over that, honestly. I’d rather bring things back to the game than watch Blizzard tiptoe around upsetting one or two people who are upset at other people having items that in no way has an actual impact on anybody else.

1 Like

It’s a precious item to me because only veterans have it.

I’d rather they NOT do this. Because y’all would never appreciate it.

Not based on you getting it or the experience, you only like it because other people can’t have it? No wonder you keep claiming if something is available nobody would want to use it.

Y’all only want these items because they are rare, full stop lol.

I want to keep them rare. That’s all there is to it.

“When everyone is special, no one is.”

I like that I was playing WoW before it got popular, and got these things.

When I quit, help yourselves. But I’m not done yet.

For as long as I’m playing, I want my stuff to remain rare.

No. You only like them because they are unavailable, as you said yourself. Just because you like the item for that reason, does not mean that every other person likes the item for that reason.

You playing or not doesn’t matter. Hopefully Blizzard introduces these items back and continues their process of readding these items, especially the non-challenge items that have been discussed here.

1 Like

Yeah, and you’re entitled to your opinion as well.

I’m just happy I can enjoy my items for the time being. I worked for them.

And I’m glad Blizzard shares my sentiment at the current point in time.

Literally nobody has asked to take away your items in this thread, or any thread I have seen on here, or on reddit.

You failing to understand the items being given out like you ask = Taking away the prestiege and personal value they have to me.

So yeah. I’d rather they not. Simple as.

Same vein as giving out Black Qiraji Battle Tank mounts for everyone.

If you give everyone IRL a Ferrari, is Ferrari a luxury brand anymore? No, it becomes the new Honda lol

I’d feel the same if any game did that, not just WoW. But thankfully most games know they’re got customers to retain.

What makes it even worse is that Blizzard teased us with Time Rifts (or whatever they were called) where we fight an AU version of our character wielding it.

Like seriously Blizzard, way to just add salt to the wounds.

Artifact weapons, Legion.

That is all.