Corrupt Game Masters

There was a Classic streamer who had a Blizzard GM watching his stream. A priest dispelled the streamers buffs and he told the GM to ban the priest, which he did. Blizz investigated it, overturned the ban, and fired the GM.

Do you guys think there are more corrupt GM’s out there? This is akin to a police officer who does favors for criminals.

Old news. As to corrupt GM’s, who knows. Possibly. They’re human after all.

It’s possible. Humans are humans and it’s hard to predict the actions of everyone you HIRE.

Weird. That seems like a really stupid thing to do for no benefit.

I did read about that! But most GMs I’ve had the pleasure of speaking with seemed rather kind. Glad that one got… well… dispelled. Lol

You mean like giving hundreds of dollars to a streamer? Its the same concept, you like the person so you want their recognition.

You…You dispelling worldbuffs huh?..Did you know he was a streamer?..A streamer that I LIKED!?

1 Like

Sure, but worse. Giving money is just that, doing something that could easily get you fired is a lot more extreme.

Blizzard loves their money…

Back when I was playing Everquest Online Adventure (EQOA).
They caught a few corrupt Gms. Its been so long that I dont
remember what they did. But one of the Gms was doing something
to give his buddies loot and gold that was not earned.

Yeah it just makes you think that there must have been other instances where GMs act inappropriately.

I know. If a GM can ban someone, they can easily generate certain loot.