Convoke the Spirits is still ruining the game

Please fix this, it’s awful

37 Likes

Just need to turn down the RNG, maybe a “can only cast the same spell x times per y interval of time”

9 Likes

Agreed, only getting Warriors to 25% before I die. Ruins my class fantasy.

8 Likes

No Buffing pet survivability is much more important !

2 Likes

pls dont make me go back to kyrian, it’s so boring :frowning:

1 Like

The stronger spells need to be at the end of the cast.
It should be a ramp, not a piñata.

25 Likes

Hopefully they keep nerfing this silly ability, baby steps.

Kinda funny trying to think of ways to balance it because the mere ability itself is such a meme concept at its core. Literally a RNG CD that facerolls your class abilities and plays the game for you.

4 Likes

I play a Boomkin and even I realize it’s too strong, 4 spells ever 0.25 seconds is silly maybe 3 would be more in line in PVP

1 Like

Idk don’t think it’s really that crazy now for boomkin

But I guess my only experience lately fighting convoke boomkins are on my mage and that class is immortal

Still doesn’t really feel that insane ig w/o a full moon, especially since the main value of convoke is during incarn so it isn’t as scary off CD

Has value in really long hpal mage damp games ofc but still, I think at this point you prolly shouldn’t ever lose to the verh first convoke

8 Likes

I died as disc from Convoke boomy out of stealth in 2.2 seconds from 100 percent last night. Now, technically I could have squeezed in a global or so, before the mid-air starsurges killed me, but I have a hard time believing this is under the domain of “not that crazy.” Maybe it’s a gear thing that will even out once I hit 220 ilvl or whatever, but I think, too, that we’ve normalized a new magnitude of crazy, from pre-nerf rogues and hunters, to combust, to ret things, to convoke. None of this should be acceptable game design. BfA trinkets may have initiated this new level of anti-fun gameplay.

Edit: For reference I was 208 ilvl.

9 Likes

My mage died last night to WW/Boomy incarn convoke. Me and the priest were behind a pillar and he got the full brunt of 2 starsurges into RSK and died through caut.

Granted he could’ve locked convoke or blocked.

2.2 seconds though honestly isn’t that fast esp when you know there’s convoke

Dome/ps/rapture should be enough to save u, any of those would be ok trade for that right?

I mean ye

Just cd trading it is all that rly matters, convoke only lethal with their incarns

Idk there’s a reason it’s just not convoke boomkins every single arena match, they’re obviously good and have their value but they’re not just entirely controlling the meta

5 Likes

Yea we just got bamboozled cuz the WW hit me for half my health .5 seconds before so my priest gripped me to pillar then mage just falls over.

Definitely preventable though.

1 Like

Yep, that’s all true. By the time I heard Convoke go off, my brain thought “oh no, Convoke, where is the boomy so I can see who he’s targeting. Can we kick it?” And then I died. Theoretical gameplay always has a solution, and if we run that scenario 10 times I’m sure I respond 5/10 times. I’m not sure if this maps onto real gameplay though, at least not at the sub-elite level. My point is that convoke just feels dumb, gimmicky, and causes more frustration than it provides enjoyable gameplay. The same is true for Combust and ret wings. I can’t imagine it’s satisfying gameplay to one-shot someone anymore than it is to be on the receiving end.

5 Likes

Convoke is pretty terrible now, the potential of a Full Moon was honestly one of the main selling points for it making it lucrative, since it could really secure you a kill with a lucky crit. For high level play Convoke is not even worth taking anymore over Kyrian and its pretty much dead, basically all high level boomies have swapped away from it from what I’ve seen on streams/ladder.

At best you can get 2-3 Starsurges into a target now if you get lucky and it doesn’t pets or their teammates… Starsurges that are usually staggered and not all in quick succession, and Convoke is both A. Interruptable, and B. Stunnable / CC’able. Compare that to a mage Combustion that cannot be Interrupted or CC’d really since it is not a channel. Trash players just lack the ability to properly respond to a channel, and then go and complain.

Convoke also has to be paired with 3 Minute Incarn / Celestial Alignment CD in order to be effective in the ways you describe, otherwise just on its own its not even worth using really ever. Meaning it effectively has a 3 minute CD and not a 2 minute CD.

I would take Combust literally any day versus Convoke now, its absolutely no contest. Combust can literally global you to from 100 to 50% in 1 fast GCD now without even being able to kick it, and its on a LOWER cooldown. AND Combust can be targetted on 1 kill target rather than being RNG on what it hits.

If you’re dying to Convoke now and have issues with it to the point you’re finding yourself having to complain, I would seriously suggest taking a look at your personal play / general arena awareness. I would actually be wanting a Boomy to be playing Night fae now after the full moon change and prefer that over playing against a Kyrian.

TLDR: Combustion is what you should be complaining about, and its hilarious seeing these threads aimed at Convoke when combust exists in its current state.

Also, lol @ the guy on the level 10 druid alt saying “I play boomy and its OP”. 10/10 dude.

3 Likes

At least Ret and combust need to actually target someone and hit abilities other than wings and convoke for them to yeet you. :clown_face:

1 Like

Yeah, at least that’s true. They’re still dumb.

So having the chance to have bad rng and stagger your dmg on many targets including pets is better than targeted combust one shots, gotcha

2 Likes

Killing someone behind you that you don’t even know is there because you decided to use the slot machine is awful and the epitome of bad design.

Players know this and are using it to kill others with zero skill. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes