Convoke in a macro bug

Does anyone have a work around or should this be a bug report for the convoke in a macro issue?

Basically you can make a macro to cast convoke with a trinket or another ability etc.
When you switch specs(sometimes hearthing will cause this bug too) the macro thinks it is your covenant version of the spell and will no longer work until you fully log out and back in.

Was just curious if anyone else had this issue or knows of a work around.

Thanks!

Not having this precise problem, but something similar.

Like you, I have Convoke macro’ed up with an on-use trinket. Sometimes - like, maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 times - I hit Convoke and the spell does not fire, but it goes on cooldown. Very strange. I haven’t yet been able to tie it down to a specific circumstance. Definitely frustrating when you’re counting on that Convoke burst!

(For clarity, I’m using Convoke as Feral.)

3 Likes

Might also a GCD thing if its happening inconsistently. Trinkets can be off gcd so you hit the macro and if its on the gcd it loads the trinket first then convoke, but if its off it might try to load convoke then hits the trinket stopping the cast.

Some spells will also just cancel a convoke if you accidently tap it.

2 Likes

I have convoke in a shift macro with swarm. Tried testing it by using it in feral then switching back to resto and mine worked fine.

Does your convoke macro use convoke with spirits or convoke with spirits (shadowlands) mine specifically uses the shadowlands ended one you get when linked through the spell book, on beta i know if you used the one without the SL tag it would try and cast covenant convoke so maybe its doing that?

Im also still set to nightfae for my covenenat so my macro isnt just prioritizing the talent with no other option.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:Shift]Convoke the Spirits(Shadowlands);[target=mouseover, exists][target=target, exists][target=player] Adaptive Swarm;

is my specific macro in testing.

2 Likes

I have this happen as well, both as Boom and Restro. But I think what Whelptress said below is correct, global cooldown could be messing it up. This also happened in shadowlands so I would think that may be the case.

@Whelptress
Yeah I’m pretty sure you are correct. What bothered me was that it works until swapping specs. But I have started using a macro with the shadowlands tag and the issue has stopped. Thanks!

1 Like

I tried macroing Convoke with NS and a trinket recently and this started to happen to me as well. I also had the problem the OP mentions, but I finally just swapped covenants to kyrian to fix that problem since Blizzard apparently can’t be bothered to fix a major bug months into an expansion.

Has anyone found a solution to this other even worse problem of the spell randomly firing and instantly canceling itself and going on cooldown when used in a macro, or should we just not macro it at all for now? Is it only trinkets that cause that problem? edit: the macro bugs out and causes it to randomly fail even if it’s just NS + Convoke and no trinket, so I guess it’s just it being in a macro that breaks it randomly unfortunately.

It’s covenant stuff interfering. You can may try to report but it’s been reported back on pre patch and they did nothing. Best thing is to go to oribos and switch your covenant to kiryan/the vampires, cuz I doubt blizz is going to do anything about it.