Convert Forum to BattleTag

That’s what happens with an automated system that is then review later by a human.

Another good reason we need Battletags for forum posting.

2 Likes

I agree!!!

Just a daily reminder that Battletags =/= RealID.
Battletag good, RealID bad.

2 Likes

This is correct. We need this.

3 Likes

Necroing this thread because I’m tired of alts talking to each other trying to fabricate an echo chamber.

6 Likes

If I wanted to talk to myself… I’d have a nice shady convo with my shadow…

1 Like

I agree with this. I find it odd that we don’t use our btags, I have to use my btag on the Overwatch forums.

5 Likes

Battletags would work, I would be able to ignore/mute threads and posts from a person who chooses to make the same/different/similar posts on different characters.

Some people would like their own post and flag a post multiple times. They would also have conversations with themselves to turn the direction of the thread the direction they want it go. This is done by using alt armies.

Battletags like the other Blizzard forums will be helpful for devs to get feedback back better, so one person doesn’t manipulate the thread to that person liking.

There has been deleted level 10’s in the forums postings lately trying to cause drama to the community, so this will be a game changer for mods to reduce drama and trolling.

I vote yes to Battletags as long as we get to choose our character avatar.

4 Likes

Yeah, it would cut back on the sockpuppeting significantly.

They could also easily allow you to choose your avatar/character as you requested.

4 Likes

This would be an absolute must. There would need to be some rules to go with this:

• Blizzard would need to condemn excessive sockpuppeting (where the behavior is not following the social contract), and be able to identify it from their end, so action can be taken.
  • Accounts are not allowed to respond to their own posts.
  • Accounts are not allowed to like their own posts.
  • Accounts are not allowed to flag any post more than once.
  • Available likes are increased, but they are all tied to the same posting account.
4 Likes

If I remember hearing right, the other Blizzard forums do use btag already. If true, why this one doesn’t is beyond me.

I’d be fine with battle tags.

4 Likes

Yeah, every other Blizzard title uses BattleTags. The forums was designed to use them.

1 Like

Calia is that you?

Light raising the dead are we?

I support this thread.

So do it. Make it so.