Contradicting statements on loot release phases? I need help to understand

This will be long, but I need the community’s help in understanding this.

I have become unsure about when certain items are going to be obtainable in Classic WoW. Originally, my thought was that items before patch 1.10 WOULD be available, and items from patch 1.10, 1.11, and 1.12 would NOT be available due to the following blue post update made by Kaivax on March 11th which you can read a summarized version here:

I had planned gear for my character, mostly out of boredom, with the idea that the last three patches of gear are excluded.

Then Ion Hazzikostas made a tweet on April 26th that started to make me think otherwise. Which you can read at this link:

Due to this tweet, it seems like gear will be released in their appropriate stages.

First item I need clarification for

I’ve heard arguments that this has clearly been the case from the beginning, based on the following section:

What exactly is the definition of “content”? Possible definitions I’ve thought of below:

1. Raids and their encounters
  2. Raids and their encounters, plus gear added during that patch to all tables
  3. Raids, encounters, gear added, and quests added

Many different definitions for “content” can be made and argued.

Second item I need clarification for

The statements made by Kaivax during the content release update regarding 1.10 loot. Upon re-reading the text, I don’t think I understand what is being adjusted. His quote below:

What exactly does this statement mean in it’s original form?

I took this to mean that certain gear from patch 1.10+ will not drop until AQ has been released, along with a small side effect of changing gear drop locations.

If gear is to be released as Ion Hazzikostas described, then why would Kaivax focus so specifically on patch 1.10, instead of basically saying exactly what Ion did?

Here is an assisting example problem to help figure this out:

In which phase will the following items be available in Classic WoW?
Feralsurge Girdle
Source: Warchief Rend Blackhand (Blackrock Spire)
Added in patch 1.3

Lorekeeper’s Staff
Source: Illiyana Moonblaze (Kalimdor)
Added in patch 1.8

Thanks for your help.

Quick recap:

1. Items that are tied to patches will become available as their Content Patch becomes available. Gear from bosses, purchased items, etc.
  2. Drop rates of items will be based on the pre-1.10 rates for Content Patches 1-4, for all items that are able to be dropped based on whether they are available.
  3. In Content Patch 5, the Drop Rates of items will be based on the 1.10 onwards rates (which match 1.12).

So both statements are true, but the difference is in how often and from who items drop, vs items that didn’t exist in the game until a certain patch becoming available in the appropriate Content Patch. Many items that were available from launch became more likely to drop after 1.10.

So I wonder if they’ll be holding back some items that dropped in MC. Such as patch 1.4 MC items until Phase 2, and patch 1.5 MC items until Phase 3.

Definitely they will be. E.g. the Bindings of the Windseeker won’t be dropping till CP3.

Good thing you can just use the wowhead link to spam Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker in trade chat. Otherwise we would have to wait until like, phase four or something.

1 Like

so are loot items like the mana chanelling wand from CHO in DM north in the game now ???