Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

I said this 100 time but all I wanted were golden jewelry and regal hairstyles for Night elves to reflect Azshara :frowning:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never paid super close attention, maybe because I donā€™t play male toons.

1 Like

You wound me! lol

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t mind seeing Azsharaā€™s skin texture, hairstyle and jewelry propagated to Night Elves. They do look very nice.

4 Likes

It would have been amazing indeed. Or at least her golden jewelry color options. Oh well it is what is it. At least I will always have my dreams

1 Like

Keep asking for it, the devs said customization options would continue to be added throughout Shadowlands and probably beyond. Keep letting them know what youā€™d like to see. Thatā€™s all you can do really.

The thing is they never said that. They only said they are adding customization options for launch. And could always add more in the future but never said they will. And I made my peace knowing I will never get them. But Iā€™m hoping you all will get what you want. Be that soon, in a few years or one day :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I plan to keep asking for tattoos for the races that didnā€™t get them, as well as most of the other things Iā€™ve wanted.

7 Likes

The response to the new customization has been overwhelmingly positive. Will that potentially bring forward more customization options as a priority and add more things to the table?

I think a lot of things on the table as a result of this. The first step that enabled all of this was a large engineering undertaking to rebuild how our characters are put together under the hood. So that adding more options isnā€™t like literally an exponentially scaling, effort investment, which is how it would have been under the old system. Thatā€™s what limited us to how we built character models and what options we could offer.

And so now that weā€™ve kind of cracked that open, yeah, all of that is on the table. We are still going down the list of the races that havenā€™t been updated yet and getting those into alpha soon. But thatā€™s an effort thatā€™s going to continue after Shadowlands is out the door. And weā€™re really excited about the passion the community has around it. Our artists love going through all those ideas and suggestions and seeing what people are hyped about and seeing what we can make real.

https://www.windowscentral.com/world-warcraft-shadowlands-big-interview-game-director-ion-hazzikostas

It may not specifically say weā€™ll get this or that for X race at some point in Shadowlands, but it does imply that customization efforts are going to continue after Shadowlands launches.

4 Likes

They said mutiple things before and never happened. Sadly this fell into the same situation. But like I said Iā€™m truly hoping you all will get what you want.

Same for me.

I really want the Kul Tiran hair textures for Void Elves and some of the Human hairstyles as well. That will finish my High Elf crusade.

Then I can start focusing on asking for more void-themed options >_>

I want to leave wow knowing you all got the things you wanted and are happy. What I wanted It didnā€™t happen sadly but not everyone can have everything. And I made my peace with that.

I hope you get your Azshara looking hottie as well!

Well maybe one day. But shadowlands will be my final expansion. So I wonā€™t get to experience them. So thatā€™s why I want you to get the things you want. And Iā€™m sure you will. What I wanted it was obvious it would never happen (even if it was only a jewelry recolor)

awwwwā€¦ :hugs:

2 Likes

My main problem with this is the ā€œcookie imbalanceā€.

Some races, like humans or night elves, got a wide array of - brand new - detailsā€¦

Other races like Pandaren or goblin basically got, for these details, the options they had before, but broken down in different sections. Itā€™s not bad by any means, but the difference is jarring when you compare what a Pandaren can be with what a night elf can be.

When Ion said ā€œtip of the icebergā€ after we got a glimpse of some options at blizzcon, I was thinking that weā€™d see more drastic or unexpected things along the way, like for example, straight-back Forsaken, or different scaling presets for height.

3 Likes

I donā€™t understand why they are attached to the chest piece either, aside from still letting you use cloaks. They should have multiple chest colors if they where gonna force that with one at least alliance colors (blue and gold)

If youā€™re interested I made a thread to collect what people may still want to see added to Night Elves going forward.

3 Likes

Blood elves == holy elves. The proper argument is taking the arcane out of blood elves.

Blood Elves are holy and arcane thoughā€¦ Their Sunwell is both.