Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

I’m not really into the more “natural” colors, but longer hair would be a nice bonus.

7 Likes

That is a cool idea, kinda like a yin/yang thing going on.

Gold/green and gold/blue would be cool too.

4 Likes

This feels awkward with your name.

6 Likes

Feels like what Sylvanis would be named if she was a he…

1 Like

It’s even worse when you switch the “v” for the “b” and in spanish that translates into “balls”…

2 Likes

I just gotten an idea for BE customization, runic tattos of different magic sources, taking lann’s eye idea to the next level. One side of the BE could have blue magic runes as tat’s, the other yellow for holy for example to show them trying to empower themselves with multiple magic arc-types. Can give them facial runes too for this.

And it don’t have to be just arcane blue or holy yellow, they can have nature magic green (botanist style) or even fel tat’s to mix them up a bit. (Example: arcane on some runes and fel on the others)

Thus can also say be shown through magic circles on the be shoulders (one green, one yellow) or by facial runes.

I think this should be a blood elf only cosmetic.

Bet Lance can’t do this idea as a mock-up

4 Likes

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/47922220/nobody-calls-me-chicken.jpg

Honestly though, I can’t do any mockups for the next little while unfortunately.

2 Likes

Understandable. Tomorrow is turkey day

https://youtu.be/OTIMk-4euyc
Is this… a glimmer of hope?

3 Likes

empowerment sigils/ runes is not the same as lightforging. Don’t get the wrong ideas, it is also should always be along with another magic type sigil.

Not gonna lie, this reaction kind of put a smile on my face.

But really, it’s not that far off if you think about it. Blood Knights are not what they used to be anyway, for all we know, they now function in the same way as any other paladin.

possibly, but more likely they draw from the sunwell for their power.

But anyways I was simply thinking that since they have a heavy magic history, with multiple types of magic, it would be a shame if they don’t show it like with runic/sigil empowerment looking customization.

eeeek :grin:

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4q-coyt2L8

:clap:t2:

2 Likes

When they first announced having two eye colors I had assumed based on their comments about the Sunwell that we would get these options.

Even Snowsongs points about possible HEs returning to Quel’thalas, if they had blue eyes upon returning maybe they for what ever reason with the Sunwell being half and half now half a golden eye and blue, representing the duality.

It really doesn’t matter there’s a plethora of reasons for the choice, my character was almost a Priest in selection screen so I felt golden eyes suited him, if in my player agency I wanted show the green eyes gradually I wouldn’t be able to because Blizzard in their lackluster work for BEs didn’t include the eye combinations.

8 Likes

I cried happy tears during that part of the quest/cinematic, but also the lore drop in it is veryyy interesting :eyes:

2 Likes

There’s really no reason not to included mix eye colors (green/blue, green/gold, etc), as well as left and right blind options for each eye color. Hopefully, as more customization gets rolled out, Blizzard will start filling in those gaps from the initial customization pass.

It’s just like how the facial hair wasn’t separated into parts for Blood Elves while it was for other races. I’m hopeful that Blood Elf males will also get this treatment in the near future.

7 Likes

I know, I saw, and was so happy to see. Still, after doing that quest, and seeing that cinematic from Legion, it bought a tear to my eye as well.

2 Likes

Yeah … literally and this is why I am upset with BE customization I consider this pretty bare minimum which could have been done and still had BE new options as underwhelming, like opening the jewelry for male characters as well.

Instead we have to ask for the bare minimum so something tells me even when BEs if they get more it still won’t amount to anything meaningful like a second visual theme or tattoos etc.

So how nice it must be to already have your second visual theme while others need the bare minimum “no reason not to have it” options to be given out still. And this expands to more core races too not just BEs which is why idc if BEs are next to get re looked at, so long as it’s a core race like they had alluded to when selling the expansion.

4 Likes

Everything up to this point was fine and I was about to like your post… but you couldn’t just stick to the point you and I agree on could you?

I get that you’re bitter over the poor selection of options Blood Elves (and some other core races) got, and understandably so, but that’s not my fault, nor is it the fault of Void Elves as a race. It’s Blizzard’s fault for not managing their time well and not providing a sufficiently robust amount of customization for Blood Elves and the other core races.

You didn’t need to make a snide remark about “how nice it must be…” etc.

6 Likes

What do you think of empowerment sigil/runes idea I posted above, using at least 2 different sources of magic as empowerment? It would be in line of BE to empower themselves through enchantment runes and magic circles.

One shoulder/arm could have magic circle/runes on it yellow (holy) and the other green (fel or nature magic) for example, and the facial runes could be a mix of both. We could even go for 3 types with back/chest runes/magic circles.

I think this should be Blood elf only customization, since we could say magic empowerment would interfere with void magic that makes it harder to use the void for VE.

2 Likes