Content creators like Preach are crucial to the game

I agree, but ultimately the blame is on blizzard. They chose to listen.

1 Like

And that makes the content creators you fawn over specific nobodies.

Uploading a video to youtube or turning on a camera and streaming doesnt make them important to me. If they are important to you, fine.

2 Likes

Branch davidians comes to mind when I see these threads about wow streamers, and their cultist followers :rofl:

2 Likes

WoW got along very well indeed for years without streamers. In fact WoW’s glory days were before streaming was the plague it is today.

2 Likes

100%. I wouldn’t have come back to WoW in BFA if it weren’t for content creators. If it weren’t for youtube videos showcasing all the new stuff in WoW showing up on my feed. When BFA got boring and I started spending less time playing the game I still kept in touch via those same creators. I still felt like a player, I didn’t cancel my sub, I played less but I kept up to date thanks to those creators. People who say that stuff doesn’t matter have no idea how much these people do for player retention.

1 Like

Google “Work to Play” or check them out on you tube. They’ve been creating FF 14 content for years.

lol

/10char

No they aren’t they are just nerds

1 Like

I have never liked preach. I sometimes watch bellular lore videos. And I watch dungeon mechanics from other streamers, but I hate those that stir up drama like assmanguld.

1 Like

Correct. Back then it was simply players making videos on YouTube that generated anywhere from thousands to millions of hits and brought lots of awareness to the game.

I believe the average WoW player is in there mid 30s now 34-37 generally past the age streaming culture influenced as they were in the mid to late 20s when twitch came out.
That has also always been the oddity of WoW they obsess over getting new players, something they havent been able to achieve since Cata really.

WoW is an old game for relatively older gamers and is not attracting young players and has not in almost a decade. Probably why its 3 tier pay model stood alone in the mmo market for so long, you can get away with that when your players are 34+ years old with steady incomes.

im sure there are some people in this thread who are 21 or younger, have you not noticed the majority of guilds you join are comprised of people who are atleast 29+ and even that age is being generous.

I don’t always agree with Preach, but I do like the dude.

He’s a down to earth guy, and doesn’t sugarcoat or BS, which I respect.

Factually wrong would mean you had facts to counter my statement. You provided zero. So we’ll move along from that. Content creators can be good for growth as I have said but they do not equal free advertising. I’m currently playing FF14 and have been for a few years now. I can tell you I have never opened up a content creators video to figure things out or to see if I want to play the game. They just don’t mean that much to the growth of a game if the game itself is good. This can be said for a lot of casual players as well and they make up a large portion of this game.

FFXIV had ZeplaHQ, MrHappy, The Fashionista, Speakers Network, and the two that posted the game’s OST onto Youtube with gameplay footage (dudewhereismyspoon and Mekkah Dee).

There’s been quite a few FFXIV content creators.

I’m aware of this. I really should edit that comment as people won’t read on. But not nearly as many as WoW has had over the years and not as prominent.

Him and belluar have been judging wow forever, its been years… I mean why are they even playing if game has been this bad lol… This people just don’t have anything else to do.

Take swifty for example, he was very popular and still is for PVP. he never made videos complaining about game, just made guides. When he didn’t like game no more he stopped making videos. You know why? because it is not his JOB… its a hobby for him…

But for those guys its like a job, which is sad if you ask me.

The only reason they are crucial is because people are wiling to walk away from the game they enjoy because their favorite streamer did.

Instead we should be fostering a community that thinks for ITSELF and makes ITS OWN Opinions on whether a game is good or bad.

You edited your post lmao gg

Some of the best and most informative videos on youtube are made by ‘content creators’ - as in, people who create content.

Guides to raids, videos on the history and lore of the game, advice on how to make gold or how professions work or where to find that damned entrance to that raid or dungeon,…the list goes on.

Content creators support and help players, not the game.

1 Like

Yes? I knew of them before. I have Mtqcapture on follow on twitch. I guess you are just here to be edgy. Not surprising from someone on Illidan.