Consumable Scarcity Problem

What’s up with firemaw?? All the guides I’ve read says the 3 first bosses are somewhat hard while firemaw ebonroc and whatshisface are loot piñatas … what’s up with people wiping there

Put on fire resist gear like Blizz intended. Helps a boatload. I even put 7 fr on my ony cloak and just keep it on all raid.

Otherwise If youre trying to parse youre gonna need those consumes to crutch you.

Doesn’t take 10 hours to farm 150g. Even warriors can make 50g/hour.

And even so, farming gold/mats for raids is a very real part of Classic. It’s the vanilla experience. Best get used to it.

If you’re struggling to farm for mats/gold I’d recommend leveling a gold farming alt. The ~100g I get an hour doing solo trib runs on my hunter is sooooo good.

Absolutely not. The argument could be made for black lotus, but everything else is very doable and is very vanilla like. There’s no shortage of anything but maybe black lotus on high pop servers.

If you think BWL is bad you’re not going to make it. Consumables for AQ40 and Naxx get progressively worse. If you can’t farm ~200g/week now you won’t be able to farm the ~400g/week later.

That’s the vanilla experience, friend. It’s not a deviation in Classic from the vanilla experience. It is the vanilla experience.

This type of complaint is how we ended up with a complete and total crash of the gathering markets on live–everybody gets their own node spawns so there’s no competition, you don’t even need to level professions to gather anymore.

Are you saying they made a WoD 2 and garrisons returned??? :o

The ZF farm is quite lucrative for mages. Now that folks have better gear and plenty of practice, I imagine they’re making more.

1 Like

ya’ll keep bragging about yer gold ya’ll goin to get our prices raised even more

Yeah. That’s going to happen. Fortunately the gold I’ll make will scale up since a lot of the gold made is from things I can sell on the AH such as major mana pots and enchanting mats.

1 Like

Lol just looked at your logs for BWL and you didn’t even get past Firemaw. Rocking a 49.9 percentile parse I might add. Such a hypocrite.

mind control LRBS mobs + pally aura + FR gear

pots should not be that necessary for the entire raid

I cleared BWL last night 90 min. Really only need 5 fire prot pots. Keep your DPS gear on, do your rotations and obey mechanics ez.

Get used to people burning out every raid tier. Consume requirements get worse with AQ and even more so for Naxx.

Historically guilds wiped on Razor and Vael because they didn’t have the dps/heals to keep up. But there really are no gear checks on 3 drakes, it’s just execution, so once you were geared enough to down Vael it was generally a straight shot after to Nef.

Today’s guilds are coming in with the gear to pop vael after they get the basic transition down, but learning the execution for the trash packs/bosses after takes time. People will be knocking off the drakes quick once thats down

With the train of horde outside the orb on most servers that’s not really viable

Firemaw has a raid aoe that stacks a debuff increasing the damage it does with each stack. This also hits the tank.

The tanks have to properly position themselves for swaps and to minimize raid exposure to that debuff pulse.

Raid members have to know when to dip out and let debuffs fall off instead of continuing to dps and soak up healing.

Firemaw himself also does quite a lot of damage to the tank so healers have to be on point with heals or the tank can get bursted. Meanwhile they also have to take care of the dps and themselves for the debuff.

It’s a careful balancing act. You want to dps as much as possible to end the fight fast, but you also want to avoid stupidly stacking the debuff sky high and draining all healer mana then wiping. Finding that balance point is tripping many guilds up. Their dps just want to go HAM but that isnt sustainable.

man u just clear ubrs.

How many people can get into Ubrs at a time?

how many people do you want to have the buff?

1 Like

That wasnt the question

10 people in the raid at a time. So while youre waiting to rotate people in and have them run to the BWL entrance, the rest of your raid is outside getting chewed up by horde

exiting bwl puts you at ubrs entrance and lately horde have been at the orb, so it wouldn’t be too difficult, just a bit time consuming if you choose to buff the whole raid.