Consumable Scarcity Problem

There are a bunch around incendious, even more down in the lava and by MC. A bunch you can pull in small packs you can do with a 2-3 person group. Hit up arena and/or angerforge along the way. Get a couple vendor blues + and ele fire or two. It might not be the most efficient. But its instanced ele fire drops.

I dunno. We never used them back in vanilla. And we didnt have as good of gear as we do now. We just made sure everyone had fire resistance. Good enough.

You only need them if you’re speed running. Most people aren’t speed running. Collecting your supplies for a speed run is part of the challenge.

FPP are definitely needed for Rag as of right now

Most guilds never even completed BWL in Vanilla.

I’m not speaking from theory here, I just spend 3 hours in BWL and the #1 takeaway is not to flask in raids, but to have a crap ton of fire protection potions.

And I’m not the only one realizing it, which is why the price is exploding.

The problem is the supply is limited. And while it’s not a huge issue for someone like me who can play for hours per day and has thousands of gold, it’s a major issue for more casual players who cannot dedicate 200g+ for each raid day. And those players make up a decent percentage of most guilds, even semi-hardcore ones.

They need to increase resources in the world so that everything isn’t so heavily contested and prices can fall.

1 Like

and if people do worry about it then they need to just roll one of those classes

Inflation is caused by more gold in the economy, which would be caused by improved gold farming.
But none of what you mentioned involves “gold-farming.” All your examples involve improved resource farming, which, isolated from other variables like demand, would actually decrease prices.

Yeah it is a supply and demand issue. Supply is short and demands high… I had stockpile waiting for BWL still have a good chunk left… But at current prices I am having hard time even wanting to replenish stock… :(… But I will after DM farm Q_Q Joys of tanking.

When will y’all realize it doesn’t matter…
What matters is what your guild requires… if black lotus spawned more, you would be required to flask for BWL.

Different guilds will require different amounts of work put into preparation.
Hint: you can choose which guild you belong to!

The only way for blizzard to make it so you don’t have to farm anything between raid nights is if they remove all consumables. Is this really what you want? (Hint: even retail has some consumables)

Well, mine did. If you’re struggling, it’s likely your dps are sloppy. Or you’re following speed runner strats.

In vanilla we favored ranged dps a lot because they avoided a lot of extra incoming damage that had to be healed off. Now we see raids built with tons of warriors and rogues more than we used to use.

This reduces the margin of error you have to lose people, stresses your healers and can lead to unnecessary wipes if your execution isn’t up to snuff.

The speed runners have been practicing this for a long time. They have the execution to pull these things off easily. For the rest of us normal folks, safer strategies make more sense.

BWL is also a wakeup call to healers. They cant be slacking off at all or people will die.

2 Likes

First of all, I’m guessing you haven’t even done BWL in classic yet, so I’m not sure why you’re talking about anyone else or making assumptions since you don’t know.

Secondly, none of this has anything to do with the issue. Most people still use GFPP on Rag. I’m saying that the new ‘meta’ is 4x that many potions for BWL, at least. And I’m not sure it can be pugged at all because those requirements for PUGs are pretty unrealistic.

These potions cost ~15g each. We haven’t even started with ‘real’ consumables. Or 150g flasks.

This needs to change. It has nothing to do with execution. The raids are tuned to needing these items and there’s not enough to go around for all the guilds raiding these instances.

And just FYI my guild has no flask requirement and made it to a few firemaw attempts last night in 3 hours hard stop. We’re not bad in any regard. Guilds are struggling WAY more than we are.

And the folks who farmed all those resources aren’t cashing in and making some nice bank now?

Y’all need to google suggested consumable lists for future content. I had 30 GFPP banked a month ago when ele fires were 3.5G and bought 4 black lotus instead of my lvl 40 mount in september when they were 25G each. I already have my 50 elemental earth and 100 large venom sacs for AQ. I had banked about 200 grave moss and fadeleaf for loatheb, but had a guildy make GSPP and sold them all because I found out I can farm them really fast in SM when I need them in a year.

1 Like

They literally aren’t. The fact that we were clearing these raids back then that are by comparison nerfed today, without those consumes, is testament to that.

We have the better talent trees and itemization that didn’t exist yet back when we first started clearing this in Vanilla. This version is straight up easier than it was back then and we only really used mongoose pots for physical, mana pots for heals, and tank consumes back then.

I never said you guys were bad, and I won’t ever say that. I said, if you’re struggling then your strategy or raid comp bears looking at.

I don’t think you need GFPPs for anything other than firemaw (maybe vael?). The only reason the cost would be prohibitive is if you are wiping a lot and have to constantly repot and that is less of a problem with too many consumes needed and more a problem with your raid just generally struggling.

After clearing Nef we definitely feel like GSPP is not necessary at all and flasks are nice but also don’t seem to make an enormous difference. Honestly iron grenades and sappers were the MVP consumes for my guild’s run to crush the technicians/whelps/constructs.

If you need them on Firemaw, the issue is your dps and healers allowing themselves to get too many stacks, and/or not having enough FR.

If you need them on Vael, the issue is your healers havent figured out that they have infinite mana and should be spamming max rank max throughput healing instead of conserving mana, or you didn’t bring enough healers and RNG got a few of them with Burning Adrenaline too early.

1 Like

They definitely are not, we didn’t use them in Vanilla. They’re a crutch, and a valuable one if you expect to go in and clear the first day… but stop acting like not having them makes the raid impossible to clear.

You just have to decide whether you want to spend a little more time farming consumables or a little more time in raid. It’s pretty much a wash either way

Yea sure. That’s not inflation. It’s a temporary price increase caused by a spike in demand, which is even offset somewhat by people hoarding the mats over the last few weeks and dropping them all now. You’re already seeing prices drop a ton on most items since Tuesday. By next week, prices should be barely higher than nornal.

#economics

The printing of money AoE grinders causes the inflation… There’s lots of gold out there. So, yeah, I stand by what I said.

Hell yea and I thought me selling them 7 gold a piece was good other day push it up to 10 gold each homies

I’d guess that theres much less gold generated these days than there was at launch actually.