Considering Some Semi-weekly World Quests Becoming Daily

and then they’d argue they were forced to because otherwise they’d fall behind, and they CANT have that.

For someone who really only has playtime on the weekends, this is great.

As it was, I’d do all the WQs one day, then have none the next day, but wouldn’t be able to play when they “refreshed”.

Having them refresh daily gives me a lot more flexibility in when I do them.

I really hope the dev’s also do something to make the “random” events like Community Feast and the Caravan more predictable so it isn’t a “well, they never line up with when I’m able to play” for those of us who can’t predictably plan to log on when they will be happening.

1 Like

As far as I’m aware, they are on a timer. Wowhead has the timers on their Today in Wow Banner

I do. Mark all the other content that we’re already doing every day as world quests.

There’s no lack of content in the game. The problem is that a lot of people don’t seem to know it’s there, because the only thing they pay attention to are things marked as world quests.

Mark the other repeatable content as world quests on the map. Don’t even need to change the rewards.

2 Likes

Yes. There was an exploit involving dropping professions that was patched, but Blizzard didn’t roll back the ill-gotten gains, so a very few amount of people have recipes they shouldn’t have for months, thus giving them a monopoly to set prices they want. Which is why there’s some profession items for 100k+ on the AH even though they cost like 1k to craft.

1 Like

Right. Which is fine for people who can plan to play at a certain time.

Not all of us have that luxury to try to figure out when they’ll happen and make sure our work / home / other schedule can accommodate it.

It would be fine if they were just random bonus events, but one of my alts has a requirement of completing the Community Feast as part of the Weekly Rep Quest this week.

For an expansion that was supposed to be less about making us complete chores on a schedule, I’m not finding the current format does that for me.

Why can’t we just do something like 2-3 WQ’s per zone per day, but each quest has a 3-day duration? This seems like a perfect compromise. You can still log on 2-3 times per week and bang everything out if you want, but there’s also new quests up every day for those who want that. I can’t imagine this would be all that hard to implement.

8 Likes

they put in an option for work orders so that people who didn’t want to put in the work didn’t have to - it is a personal choice if a guild wants to ‘force’ someone to make gear for others.

Fun detected! I really don’t like this change. Do they ever bother polling people before they make these changes? Seems like not.

2 Likes

3 world quests per zone for 12 world quests a day, each with a 3 day timer. I have no issues with that.

As someone who wants daily world quests it also benifits me. If i take a day off the game, the next day i have 24 world quests so twice as much fun.

Only issue is, how many world quests exist?
Would they need to make more to accommodate?

:thinking: It is almost like there wasn’t a beta test.

this argument happened in beta as well - they know some people would be against it. However, the people who world content is their MAIN content should be the one providing input and being listened to. Not the people who want to avoid world content because they have their schedules full with mythic plus and raids.

2 Likes

I responded as I did because it seemed like you were frustrated that you had no idea when the feasts/siege would be, and the wowhead timers do exactly that. To my knowledge, feast/siege have hard timers, such that you could generate a excel spreadsheet of the times they will occur. I could be wrong on this, so please correct me if I’m wrong.

So what is the problem in this situation? If wowhead can tell you the next one starts in 2 hours, is your issue moreso that the timing is inconvenient as it is? How could the timing be resolved to better assist you?

Like me?

I buy carries for dungeons/raids because I don’t like them anymore. Open world IS my gameloop.

If you miss a WQ, you’re behind on renown, and therefore behind on professions.

Having to logon to every alt daily to do WQs sucks and you know it.

6 Likes

You’re already behind if you didn’t abuse bugs.

2 Likes

I didn’t say anything about Siege. I said Feast and Caravan.

Wowhead has feast timers, it doesn’t have Caravan timers: as far as I’m aware, no one has worked them out yet.

Having an event required for a weekly quest gated behind only happening every 3.5 hours is not good design. It means I have to either get lucky, or be able to plan when I play to coincide with the feast.

Having it either happen more regularly (every hour, for example) or have it be able to be triggered rather than on a set rotation would be much more friendly to people who have limited playtime.

If it wasn’t required for anything and was completely flavor, that would be different.

If the goal wasn’t to have “chores” that we had to schedule our playtime around, then it utterly failed.

1 Like

People were running out of things to do already, eh?

No, there were still things for them to do. The problem is that they refuse to do anything in the open world unless it’s marked as a world quest.

The solution is to mark the other content as world quests. Not add to the already-lengthy daily chores list.

2 Likes

Man, what an awful change.

The move towards semi-weekly and weekly world quests was a huge quality of life upgrade for my casual friends who cannot log in every day, or friends that want to play multiple characters. Undoing this change and making world quests daily chores again is just going to drive those players away. This is a mistake.

7 Likes

If you could accept the existing “indefinite” farm schedule, then why not accept the same thing with some extra daily quests?

Either you are grinding rep constantly or you aren’t. If you are, this changes nothing… and if you aren’t, then people that do will still be ahead of you (so it’s not much of a change either way).