Considering Some Semi-weekly World Quests Becoming Daily

Honestly, this was probably planned from the start. They talked about wanting more chill vibes, semi-weekly reset so people wouldn’t have daily chores. But they also added ways for people to speed through the reps in the most mindless and unfun ways possible… and then waited.

Sure enough the people who have zero sense of time management or self-control jumped on those mindless grinding methods and maxed out reps in the first week. Basically used as a litmus test for what players will pick if given the choice.

Those of us who like to do things like eat and sleep during normal hours now are the ones who are going to get dragged along behind them… and those grindy methods have been nerfed.

You can choose rather or not to do world quests after this went into effect no one is forcing you to participate in. You know what I am talking to a bunch of thick headed people and a bunch of brick walls and those that think their opinions are much more valid than anyone else.

Same as I’m asking Chases, would you be in favor of what Sep suggested in post 558?

Making gold by making gear, which is player power. You can spin it anyway you want, blizz did put player power behind renown. It may not be conduits or azerite essences, but it’s player power that can scale all the way to early mythic raid boss levels. I assure you, guilds are going to have players who’s role it is to be ready to craft 5* items at the highest ilvl when players are able to get unique mats in S1.

So you’re against more player choice?

No, because the fact is it’s gonna break one way or another and having to much of those NPC is gonna waste development resources.

I dont log in every day if i dont feel like it.
Im happy to do world quests thursday, friday, and Saturday. And then not log in for a week because a new show came out on Netflix.

It gives choice on when to play and how often to play. The twice a week system took away that choice of how often. It was made to be no more than once every 3 days.

Choice has been returned to us.

That has the potential to open up issues depending on when/how often players can toggle between the 2

Again, if Blizz can add a single npc in Valdrakken that players can interact with to determine the pop rate of WQs, would you be in favor of that? Asking on just the idea.

If that was the case people will always pick the path of least resistance, which if its digging dirt piles for 5 days to max renown, 10 hours of hyper spawning to max dragon rep they will

There isnt a good answer to this. But daily WQs are one of the many things off putting. Especially given they will not tweak rep gains

Guess what you think it takes one developer to uphold a single npc that can have the ability to affect everyone and everything you wish. And what is suggested is IMPOSSIBLE.

Do WQs provide competitive and meaningful gear compared to any level of M+? Do they provide something comparable to raid gear?

As I haven’t unlocked world quests yet (I’ve been leveling a few characters in tandem with different friends who don’t all play together/at the same time), my understanding is informed from the past models only.

I understood WQs to provide reputation that has fixed rewards and mostly isn’t power based, some gear that isn’t competitive beyond catching up to the beginning curve of raids/dungeons, and occasionally things like Blood of Sargeras, recipe upgrades, or currencies for mostly solo-progression (like cosmetics or mounts).

None of that is “player power,” and generally, at least in my experience, you get far better gear (ignoring titanforging from the past) just by doing M0 than by grinding world quests every day.

This just gives casual or more solo oriented players significantly more to do. If you feel compelled to grind out an extra 500 rep every day over 20-40 minutes just because you can, well… that’s a you problem.

This is true, MMO players would stick a fork into their own eye if a guide told them it would max something out a day earlier.

2 Likes

This is funny.
The way I read all these posts.

Department lead…ok everybody get ready. I will post on forum about the change we been working on.

I want everyone on the right side of the room to dislike the idea. Everyone on left side like the idea.
Go go go…
Why would I say this?
All new players to my ignore list.
9 of the 10 hidden profiles are new.

There could be an option to have WQs behave the way they do now. And another that removes rewards from WQs but you have to complete a quest doing X many WQs in order to receive the same rewards. It wouldn’t be that different than emissaries.

Im not the person you asked but im very pro daily world quests so ill answer anyways.

If the gold and gear rewards stay for every world quest and its just the rep that changes, then i see no issue with people chosing to do less to get the rep out the way.

The reality is it’s not sustainable. And that’s the answer you’re gonna get.

The issue is there is a disconnect between what you perceive as optional and what other people view as optional. Just like how I think splits are optional, but RWF guilds typically find them to be absolutely mandatory. The daily WQ players feedback has been processed, but those who prefer the current semi-weekly system deserve to speak out on their behalf as well. Those who prefer the semi-weekly system will likely also be upset because that was a point blizz pushed very heavily in interviews. However, if it’s this contentious, there needs to be a better solution than to just revert to the old style of WQ’s everyday and calling it a job well done.

2 Likes

To be fair, people were being legit degenerate with those.

There will never be a perfect answer to everything. And players will always find creative ways to optimize their gains in the game. Honestly that’s part of what makes the game fun for some players, and I’m totally cool with that.

But we should be striving for a system that, short of exploits, gives the vast majority of players a choice while rewarding them relatively equally.

In this particular case, I’m a bit dismayed that this change is happening now and without the opportunity to give counter-feedback. I don’t imagine players went out of their way in the Beta to praise Blizzard’s choice to reduce the WQ cadence to bi-weekly. They likely said to themselves “oh cool change this will great when it goes live” and moved on to more pressing feedback that is difficult to tune, like talent trees and M+ affixes.

I don’t have a good solution for right now given that there’s clearly a large subset of players who do want daily WQ content, and that’s totally fair. And there’s also clearly a large subset of players who liked it the way it was on launch. And that’s also totally fair.

But I find making what I, personally, consider a drastic change to the way I’ll be playing the game over the next few months after release to be a bit dismaying.

3 Likes