Considering rerolling here

Hey there!

I’m considering transferring to Emerald Dream, and I have a couple of questions about this server. But please, do be aware of the incoming wall of text! I am admittedly long-winded!

A bit about me first to put things in context. I have just returned to WoW after about 5 years. The RL friends with whom I once played play no longer, and the guild I was in no longer exists, so other than sentiment, there is little to hold me to my former servers. Also, I have/am:

• played (off and on) since December 2004

• mained a spriest, ret pally & aff lock, but have tried all classes

• occasionally enjoyed BGs and WPvP since vanilla (Tarren Mill/Southshore brawls anyone? Mind controlling enemies off the spires in 1K Needles?)

• some experience with RP, and have created rough outlines for a few characters

• always willing to assist guildies with quests, running lower level alts through dungeons, PvP assistance, etc.

• mained on both Horde and Alliance, and tend to get into the story/lore of my faction when I’m playing that faction

• not much raiding experience, explained below

I’m aware that I’ve much catching up to do. While I have a few higher level toons I could transfer here, I’d prefer to reroll on ED. Why? Two reasons: first, my former mains, at 90-ish and 100-ish, feel rather alien to me. Essentially, I don’t recall how to play them well. After five years, I’m woefully out of practice. Rolling anew would give me a more solid, up-to-date feel for the class & spec.

Second, I’ve spent loads of money following friends around to server after server, so I would rather not transfer lots of toons again. I could possibly transfer one, maaayyybe two.

Given that my work schedule varies, as well as my RL commitments, I can rarely predict when I can play, thus rendering me nearly useless for raiding. I really think I’ll try to focus on PvP (BGs and WPvP primarily) this time around, as those I can que for those at just about any time. To be frank, it never really felt like I was all that good at PvP, IMHO, but I’d like to learn and do better, particularly as a worthy member of a team as opposed to a lone wolf.

My research indicates that Emerald Dream has a fairly large population, with a nearly even Alliance/Horde ratio, has active and healthy RP and PVP/WPvP scenes. My questions are few, but are mainly these:

• I expect to be ganked while leveling, but is corpse camping/repeated killing of lowbies a common issue here?

• Are WPvP activities fairly respectful, i.e., is there much /spit -type of stuff, or is /salute or /bow to a fallen foe after a tough fight more common? IMHO, there’s very little excuse for /rude or /spit, but maybe that’s just me, lol.

If Emerald Dream fits as well as I think it might, I’d really like to find an active, large-ish guild that would be willing to guide/train me in PvP, that does random & pre-made BGs and WPvP, conducts itself with at least some semblance of honour in its activities, would be OK with me rolling & leveling a new character (I can be pretty self-sufficient regarding gold, bags, etc.), and is at least tolerant of RP. Speaking of RP, I can get TRP3 if required. I’m fine with either Alliance or Horde, as to be completely honest, I enjoy both. It’s quite clear to me that there are several awesome guilds in both factions. I’d be willing, if I transfer a toon here, to race/faction change, if necessary.

Thank you kindly for your time spent reading this if you’ve made it this far!

/wave

2 Likes

Greetings Sir or Ma’am…

Welcome to Emerald Dream forum, please have a seat, and let us talk awhile.

We do have some amazing guilds on both Horde and Alliance. Here is what I would recommend. Since you are posting as a horde character, start with a level 1 character or a level 20 horde allied and come visit our fine city Orgrimmar-Emerald Dream.

*Tuesdays are usually Clan Batttlehammer’s or some other fine folks day to visit Orgrimmar so use caution about flagging up on that day. Avoid the transmogger at night due to some assassination likes to happen around there. Maybe ask for a grand mount in the main area and I am sure you will have about 20 to pick from.
*Wednesday is usually a guild meeting for D7 and they take up the main area. They like to invite folks to their fine guild that day as well. Again use caution as we might have some alliance spying on them them.

If you want more of a laid back walk with Mother Earth, you have us Redwood Tribe folks that like to chew our oats, and talk about how we are going keep peace with the Horde while remaining loyal to our High Chieftain Baine Bloodhood. It is a stomping good time with us.

As to the alliance, we have The Ashen Vale a lovely group of folks that RP a lot, does stuff daily, and has been nicknamed a zerg guild with their 10 folks to 15 folks that does WPVP sometimes. (Really they are not a zerg guild but someone said it one day and we all laugh about it.) You have the Marines, Salty Sea Doggos and many more alliance guilds. If they get a chance, they might post here as well.

Overall, you can expect to get killed a few times while leveling but usually not until later as you level up. Most folks don’t go out of their wait to camp a low level, and if they do, let someone know in your guild or on the RP community board, and you should get some support. Camping low levels is still frowned upon but one or two times usually happens at some point. That is usually my time to go do RL stuff like snacks, laundry, take the dogs out, get lunch, visit my neighbors…etc. I am sure you understand that.

Overall we are an Amazing server of folks that do RP, RP-PVP, and PVE stuff. Some of the events are guild only, some are cross faction, some are WPVP get together on the bridge to see who we can get blown off the the bridge and other fun things.
Emerald Dream can be your dream too if you wish to step into the water. Recommendation would be Tauren or High Mountain Tauren for Redwood Tribe because we are the master race of course and we like moo a lot. :wink:
All other choices are up to you.
Anyhow, thanks for stopping by, I hope to see you in Azeroth-Emerald Dream standing with us or against up.

Until we meet again,
Earth Mother watch over you!

Mokalyn Wildmane
Elder of the Redwood Tribe

5 Likes

Last night we ‘zerged’ Naz with 5 of us!

5 Likes

Elder Mokalyn,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful and thorough response! Many guilds continue to pop up in my research, and so it is again in your response. If i may ask a question about the Redwood Tribe, I gather that the Redwoods primarily RP; do they PvP as well, or mostly WPvP if attacked or when defending hearth and home?

It seems that the guilds I keep hearing about tend to have a healthy respect for both their fellow faction guilds, as well as guilds from the opposing faction. There seems to be a good-natured rivalry in some cases, too. It really seems like a fun atmosphere on ED.

Brockhoist, that must have been something to see, eh?!

Vonvaderham

3 Likes

Redwood has a fine PVP lead in Nadkonkor! He leads our laughing tree warband, and many of us love bgs and arenas, and we have been stomoing apound un some rbgs.

Our biggest restriction in Redwood isnthat we are abour 98% Shu’halo, so you will need to go big, so big you will tower over those hardy dwarves.

We host many rp events, and if you haven’t heard, we put out an online paper about the server. Redwoodtimesonline.com

We even did a piece on that zerg guild my mate mentioned!

3 Likes

Hello, Lohkawas!

It is good to hear that the Redwoods have an active PvP side. I have also found both the Redwood Times and your guild website and will be reading both. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for the reply!

4 Likes

Hello!

If you’re more of a macabre manner The Desolate Conclave is always open. Strange science, ghoulish galas and unhallowed usurpation are par for the course.

Either way happy to welcome a new member to the community if you pick ED!

5 Likes

Oh, I must of missed that zerg or logged… wait I was in the raid. Yup. Sorry.

2 Likes

Or join Clan Soulshatter and bathe in the blood of the alliance scum

Benedikt and Kilvok, thank you very much for your replies. Out of curiosity, have your guilds got websites?

Doubtful tbh, I rarely see levelers out in the world with sharding now, nor have any of my guildies complained ever about being camped.

Pvp is pvp. There’s always gonna be people upset they lost so there’s obviously spitting and flag planting. But that’s everywhere. You won’t find a server with out that.

With that being said the RP community built usually follows an unwritten rule of respect. But it’s up in the air for anyone not within that community tbh. That and with Shard sharing with other rp realms you get disrespectful off server people. But like I said, it can happen on any server.

1 Like

Thanks to folks who recommended us, it’s nice to have you with us! :slight_smile: Horde side I highly recommend Redwood Tribe or The Desolate Conclave! I don’t think TDC has a website but I’m sure Benedikt can answer any questions you might have. 🦇 [H] <The Desolate Conclave> Undead Led RP/PvP/PvE Guild

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply,

Nope no website. Just the forum post, a Discord and a song in our rotten heart.

1 Like