Conquest Points For Losses in Alterac Valley

Hey folks,

Several times, I seem to have earned conquest points for A/V losses. I’m trying to nail this down, but I can’t seem to find info anywhere on the subject.

Please confirm:

-Losses as a result of faction bosses being killed (e.g. Vann for alliance) results in no conquest points, correct?
-Losses as a result of 0 reinforcements DO award conquest points, correct?

Thanks in advance.

I don’t believe there are conquest rewards for any losses (and in your examples, killing the general = reduces reinforcements to 0). Is it possible you earned conquest for other activities and thought they were from Alterac Valley?

1 Like

I’ve got the conquest reward (65 pts) for losses in AV twice so far. The games were close, but not sure what the trigger is.

1 Like

it’s a great idea, AV is a big timesink, as long as the winner gets more and blizzard maintains the game (doesn’t let NPC become trivial) it will stay competitive

it’s on blizzard to keep AV fixed, they need to ramp up the NPC every raid tier

I have gotten CP for losing. Probably a glitch though. If the match is 30 min or longer, you should get some points, but you have to be there from the start though.

Maybe I haven’t paid attention well enough, but I don’t think I’ve ever gotten CP for losing AV. Maybe a bug, or hopefully an undocumented change? I think if you spend 30+ minutes in an epic BG but lose in the end you should get a small CP reward. The time investment is substantial in 40-mans.

1 Like

It has happened to me once a while back, and to a guildie within the last few days. I think mine was a loss on reinforcements with less than 100 difference. If I recall correctly, the guildie said hers was a loss to a Vanndar kill. The common feature we’ve been able to identify was that they lasted more than an hour, so that might be an element to it.

1 Like

That is interesting and good to know!

Yes I’ve definitely had a few AV losses that rewarded conq. It was a pleasant surprise and helped cushion a string of epic BG losses.

1 Like

The forumla is 9 av losses in a row and so everyone gets it.

I’ve seen that happen as well.

A number of times, people in the raid said that if we get the enemy team below 100 reinforcements, we’ll still get conquest points even if we lose.

1 Like

I have had a couple of times where I have received conquest points for a loss but those times have been rare. think its only happen too me twice already.

Yeah, the general consensus for me seems to be if they win via reinforcements (your team is reduced to 0), but without them killing your faction boss, you get a CQ points reward. I haven’t had the time to mess around in hour-long AV’s, as well as getting the other 39 players to commit to the testing effort, to confirm it however. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback.

Just lost an AV but got Conquest Points.

Ally burned our last tower to win (did not kill our faction boss). Score prior to our last tower burning was Alliance 80-ish reinforcements, Horde 50-ish reinforcements.

1 Like

“You’re welcome Alliance”

1 Like

This happened to me the other night in AV. It was a very very very long match ended up summoning Ivus. We lost but still got 15 conquest points. Not sure if it was because the game lasted over an hour but the game was close Alliance with 0 and Horde with 10 resources.

Guildie was in a battle last night where neither side burned any towers nor did they kill any captains or generals, and Alliance won by about 150 reinforcements, with the battle taking well over an hour, possibly up to two hours.

Was anyone from Horde side here and did you get Conquest? This case would help differentiate between the “how long you last” theory and the “how low the winner’s reinforcements were” theory, since the battle was very long but the losers were not within 100 reinforcements.

1 Like

They’re called “Conquest” points, you need to conquer.

They should give Conquest points for losses even if it is a reduced amount. I played for several hours last night and Alliance lost every match. Makes it impossible to max out the weekly points. Even if it would only be like 5 for a loss. That would of allowed me to earn a little last night for all the time I spent playing.

1 Like

That’s happened to me twice recently in AV. 15 points each loss.