Conquest increased next reset!

13 Likes

Not to be that guy who isn’t happy with anything, but a flat 70% increase isn’t really the answer.

On a week-to-week basis, the conquest grind isn’t really an issue.

The main issue is the catch-up, like when you’re a fresh alt and you have to farm thousands of conquest.

The best solution would’ve been to provide exponential catch-ups based on the number of weeks you’re behind.

Still, though, better than nothing

5 Likes

if you think the grind isn’t an issue then I don’t think you played wod or mop. it legit takes double (triple for 2s) the amount of games to cap compared to then and at the same time, honour gear upgrades weren’t a thing either.

i do agree that catchup is still an issue and needs to be added separately as well (50% increase when behind).

1 Like

You should check my gladiator achievements. Literally the only time I was an active hardcore arena player was in MoP :wink:

No, I don’t think winning a few dozen arena games to cap for the week is too big an ask.

If they would do the same for honor and removed the honor cap, it really wouldn’t be that bad.

12 Likes

i’m not interested in checking achievements rn, they’re not that relevant to the main point that it does take over double to cap comparatively AND there’s no catchup. a combination of both makes it absolute hell for an alt or new player.

like I said, you’re absolutely right about there needing a catchup too. main grind is also a big factor though too, it’s just not the only factor.

bad news… that’s coming in 9.1.5 although I think it’s like 20% or so.

2 Likes

I mean, I would like to see more but I am almost done gearing my Druid and I can tell you the grind is brutal. So, anything at this point is better than nothing.

2 Likes

Some people are just never happy. :man_shrugging:

Looking forward to the buff this is a great change!

4 Likes

That’s fine, but don’t say things like

No need to make blind assumptions when it takes 20 seconds to validate them.

Regardless, flat increases represent a lack of understanding.

It’s simply “they’re complaining. Give them something.” It’s not “why are they complaining”.

People notice the grind when they’re catching up alts or they’re weeks behind. The grind really isn’t that bad when it’s only 550 for an entire week. Hence, exponential bonuses based on # of weeks behind would’ve been a far better solution.

In all fairness, raiders often commit a minimum of 6 and a maximum of x depending on how serious they are per week to progress.

You can easily cap conquest for the week after a few hours of arena at a 50/50 ratio

How ya’ll gonna go and make me actually agree with a Bloomsday post

7 Likes

tbf, he’s right to want more. the fact there’s no catchup is absurd, but the fact they even increased conquest overall is good. we’re still 30% behind on conquest earned vs cap

there’s also the vault that alts can never catch up on and borrowed power grinds (lego, renown, conduit).

a lot of the fixes are coming in 9.1.5, even honour gain increase is then too. many of the fixes should be now.

sadly, they’re also not really fixing conduit catchup much outside of how it prioritizes your spec now I guess.

fair, you’re right.

I still believe a mix of catchup and overall conquest increase is the best solution cause again, alts have so many other things to do besides just PVP gearing now.

Am I hallucinating or was there a time when it was legit 10 wins per week to cap.

Im happy this alt friendly expansion got 70% more alt friendly but 70% seems still too little. A baby step forward though

4 Likes

Would have been nice if it was honor as well

3 Likes

Like I said, a 70% flat conquest increase doesn’t actually solve the issue.

It’s a bandaid.

A person who’s conquest capped week to week doesn’t benefit from this.

A fresh alt could benefit more by providing a better solution.

Not everyone simps so hard for blizzard they accept everything without a semblance of skepticism.

Of course, you’re here to troll, so whateva

1 Like

For this patch, maybe not. But the rest of the expansion? Yes, they absolutely do. Many people complain about how many games it takes to cap per week and those people have nostalgia for the “10 wins = cap” days. This is a step in that direction.

Where did Blizzard say this change was intended to help alts? It will help alts, but no where did Blizzard say this is their “alt catchup fix.”

thinking of it…pvp gear actually should just be taken out of the vault with capping conquest the only means of getting gear.

an alt can always catch up on conquest. an alt can never get the vaults they missed.

this is my hot take

1 Like

That’s a grind no one wants… remember when it took 10 games? Ahhh the good ole days how we took em for granted.

1 Like

This.

This change benefits everyone.

Alts and mains alike.

1 Like

In and of itself that grind is not a big deal. You do a single arena q session and that conquest caps without even realizing it. Plus there are weeklies that supplement the gain. The last complaint I’ve had about anything related to a pvp grind in SL is the weekly conquest cap. The catchup, however, is obviously broken

Maybe this is just another way of saying that SL systems are so busted I didn’t even realize the weekly cap is that big a deal

1 Like

No, this isn’t a hot take. There is zero reason for pvp gearing to be rng.

Know what there should be in a weekly vault? (If a weekly vault just has to exist) Bonus conquest. That’s it

2 Likes