Conquest Earnings Increase -- Sept. 28

That’s not the point. The point is about accessibility and the amount of effort people put into attaining honor levels for the things they want. Your personal investment is completely irrelevant to the point I’m making. I’m pointing out that 8800 honor per level is annoying to have to grind out when the amount of honor we get is so unbelievably small.

3 Likes

You’re bringing up trivial/non-important things like a recolored horse… who cares.

The topic of PvP gearing is much more important/urgent since it directly affects player’s daily enjoyment of the game.

5 Likes

Its not about the points, its about the honor.

A famous person once said " You don’t need to wear a patch on your arm to have honor." and another guy said " you will graduate life with honor and without regret"

And some other people said some other things but until they come out with “dishonorable kills” Then I will play the game with honor, and enjoy my recolored horses, many of which, have not been rode once.

I’m answering a point in regards to the actual acquisition of honor. I first brought up honor gearing.

The horse wasn’t brought up by me initially. I am highlighting how terrible the acquisition of honor is. This also plays into gearing, as I’m sure you know.

1 Like

Great news!

How about rating gates?
How about ilvl disparity?
How about a single set of honor and conquest gear?

Surely you have seen the loudest and most consistent feedback about those.

1 honor set
1 conquest set
no rating gates.

19 Likes

Well i am positively surprised, thanks for the update.
Ignore passive agressive trolls btw. And do make gearing the honor set faster in the future, rn people’s alts are stuck at spamming epic bgs for them.

Warmode doesnt allow it.
Would rather do korthia daileis with a 249 gear or a 220? Now imagine you are e PvE boi. Ya.
We need a pvp stat back.

1 Like

Just scale ilvl to the same in instanced ilvl pvp. OMG

5 Likes

I think the acquisition is fine, the costs are not. They can simply slash honor gear costs without devaluing the work/time those horsey farmers have already sunk into it.

2 Likes

Lol.

We now agree conquest was low… 70% low… lol. Come on guys, really?

If my car was getting 70% less mileage to the gallon, it wouldn’t take me a year to realize it and fix it. This is low key bribery to appease people along with all these other lawsuit inspired changes.

8 Likes

They spam any bg with no gear. Creating matches where people instantly give up because the other team has double the HP of half of their players. Gear gap and borrowed power just enables bullies, it’s not pvp if someone has an unfair advantage.

9 Likes

Ya but thats dumb because you can literally do nothing.
Spamming epics you can go inside vehicles and shot people. And gain more honor.

1 Like

Hey, simple solution. It doesn’t activate unless you engage a player… Otherwise, it uses PvE item level. It has been done before. In fact, it was used in WoD.

That’s great Blizzard! But if that’s all you got, I’m still not resubbing in 2 days.

1 honor set
1 conquest set

12 Likes

…how do you still need soul ash at this point?

Though it’s infinitely farmable in 9.1.5.

It was, and was exploitable. People would soft hit a player, activate pvp, and burst down tons of mobs. It also had some wierd bugs.
Thing is the whole reason of warmode is that so we dont need it magically scaling like it used to.
We need a pvp stat, thats all. Wouldnt even matter the ilvl of our gear and blizz could just keep their PvE gearing philosophy standing whitout affecting pvp, requiring us to grind honor and renown cause pve gear is rng based while pvp you can buy pieces.

2 Likes

Exploitable, right. By the 1% of the player base? It’s open world content, there’s practically nothing you cannot solo besides the world boss anyway.

The new PvP stat is “versatility”. while it’s not even truly a PvP stat, it’s merged across PvE and PvP so that you can play any form of content with any sets of gear. We’ll never get a strict “PvP Stat” again because it just makes the barrier to entry harder for PvE players. Solving a problem with another problem is dumb.

1 Like

Bro every single thread with this is ridiculous. I guess sticking to the one thread about this issue isn’t working because it keeps dying out with only 3 people trying to revive it constantly. Not trying to offend your point of view on that issue but leave it in that thread, that’s what it’s for.

Anyway, this is a good change. It’s definitely extremely late and it’s been a common complaint for over a year. It’s nice to see though and will make it better for alts. Though there’s still some issues with pvp gear in general but this is a good change.

1 Like

And thats the reason pvp gearing is the way it is now.

It doesnt need to be exploitable by 40% to make it an exploit.

1 Like

They are catering to the people at the top who are dropping drastically in participation. But they aren’t noticing that the people at the bottom are disappearing even faster. They don’t really care about casuals, noobs, bad players anyway and don’t think they should be encouraged to stay that way. But they think that everything that benefits the top players in the game has a trickle down beneficial effect on everyone, from top to bottom.

Making the gear gap greater will inspire casuals who have never wanted to do rated Pvp to play it like 2 full-time jobs. Or at least they’ll buy carries, right?

2 Likes

Can we make it a nice even 100%? It’s a hella grind…

Also honor needs to go up by 100% also. That’s even grindier for entry level garbage gear.

8 Likes