Conquest Earnings Increase -- Sept. 28

This

Along with all the other QoL things PvP needs to bring it back to competitive

5 Likes

I guess, but I meant the honor currency.

1 Like

Both line up I believe!

1 Like

While this is a positive change, it shouldn’t have taken this long to implement. People have been begging for the capability to play alts and actually farm conquest in an expansion which was deemed alt friendly (and wasn’t) for almost a year.

This also doesn’t address the other problems. While it’s nice people will be able to get conquest more effectively, there’s still the issue involving renown farming (which is being somewhat fixed) and honor farming required just to upgrade that conquest gear to appropriate levels. Address the honor problem (or do as the other massive PvP thread has been saying for quite some time involving just removing rank ups from rated PvP / PvP in general and give us 2 simple sets) or we’re still gonna be in the same problems.

Like I said. Good change. Appreciate it. Doesn’t fix the other problems which still need to be addressed though.

26 Likes

Time to rust off some alts .

2 Likes

So someone define 70% more. If a arena win gives 35 Conq, how much more does it give now? Like 55? Is that worth it?

4 Likes

Na needs to be 100-125%

5 Likes

Better late than never I guess.

Now, how about nerfing honor gear costs while we’re at it? :slightly_smiling_face:

Personally I’m a fan of honor gear for casual alts since the grind is not dependent on getting wins (like conquest typically is) - honor gear is just a bit too expensive at it’s current upgrade costs (85-100k honor).

A flat 50% off honor gear would be a great quality-of-life improvement for both new/returning players and alts imo. The gear isn’t even good, therefore it should be cheap.

5 Likes

who cares. too little too late

6 Likes

Thank you for testing correctly and adjusting it months later when it is no longer needed.

12 Likes

Won’t everyone still be blocked by the rating requirement??

15 Likes

I have a reason, I am only at honor level 130 but I don’t want a handout to make it easier to climb the ladder then those who did so before me. It would not be fair to them. I will get there the same way they did, the hard way.

1 Like

since you’re listening to the community PLEASE blizzard, give druid the old incarnation forms as new forms for the barbershop!!! ALSO claws of shirvallah for kitties PLEASE

1 Like

One honor set.
One conquest set
End of story get it done
They are not listening.

18 Likes

But how long did this take?

SEVENTY PERCENT! O.O That’s not a tweak. That’s not a nudge. That’s not “just shim it a little and it’ll straighten right out”.

That’s a “not only was the amount wrong, it was way wrong” buff.

Wow.

If someone discovered how to do this themselves, it would be considered an exploit.

3 Likes

Just in time for New World to take the stage Blizzard.

Talk about being waaay behind the 8 ball.

10 Likes

A lot of people didn’t get there the hard way. 1% of the player base has the honor level 500 mount. Most of that 1% are people who honor traded with one another in Darkshore prior to it being hotfixed. 2% of people have the Midnight Courser, the honor level 250 mount. That one is more believable.

I’m honor level 417 or something. I have never once win traded, nor honor traded. It is an absolute nightmare. 8800 honor per honor level, and you get 400 a win from your first normal battleground, and 700 a win from your first epic battleground of the day. And you get 100 honor per 2’s win.

That is nightmarish.

2 Likes

Can I use Blizzard’s famous “we don’t want to dimish previous player efforts” excuse to rail against it?

I WORKED HARD FOR MY TIME-SENSITIVE CONQUEST MOGS AND YOU JUST WANT TO HAND THEM OUT?

Nah, I don’t care, and also, bring back the MT appearances since it’s quite obvious that “we don’t want to diminish player efforts” is a bad excuse at best and very unevenly applied at worst.

2 Likes

Welcome change, thank you. Some other changes need to be introduced as well though. This change in particular helps with the daunting task of trying to conquest cap.

The next one that I think you guys should address:

The Ilvl gap - Something that turns so many players away from participating nowadays is simply the gap to entry… Queueing for an arena on your fully honor geared toon isnt ideal, nor rewarding. You’re quickly overpowered and slaughtered by a guildie carrying his friend in low rating arenas to even mid rating arenas. My suggestion would be to have the PvP gear both scale within reasonable ilvls of each other while In pvp combat. The ranking system can stay, but the rank only effects the ilvl for PvE reasons.

Honor Gear: 249
Conquest Gear: 259

This by itself will encourage players alts to run battlegrounds until they have their honor gear, then participate in arenas without feeling so behind and overpowered. When PvP players said gear should matter, the team took it to literally. Myself, and many others would simply say they just want the two sets of gear and no ranking system attached when it comes to PvP… that’s all we want to do…

12 Likes

Had to look that up, looks like the other honor horsey mounts with different colors, if you rode past me on it I wouldn’t even notice. I don’t care if I ever get that mount.

2 Likes