Conquest Changes

The new proposed “increase” in conquest is a slap in the face for the PvP community. By removing PvP from the Great Vault, it’s caused a weekly loss of 525-1800 conquest depending on luck. Blizz increasing the weekly conquest cap by a mere 200, is a net loss and a substantial one at that. Hoping this gets tuned before War Within goes live.

7 Likes

What’s the source for this?

Edit: Found it.

With The War Within, we’re removing the PvP category from the Great Vault. As a part of this change, we’ll be increasing the amount of Conquest you can earn each week and increasing the rate at which you earn it.

Here are the new weekly Conquest caps as compared to Dragonflight Season 3:

Dragonflight Season 3 Conquest Cap The War Within Season 1 Conquest Cap
Week 1 1350 1600
Week 2 1900 2200
Week 3 2450 2800
Week 4 3000 3400
Week 5 3550 4000
Week 6 4100 4600
Week 7 4650 5200
Week 8 5200 5800
Week 9 5750 6400
Week 10 6300 7000
Week 11 Conquest Cap Removed Conquest Cap Removed

Here are the new Conquest earnings for certain game modes as compared to Dragonflight Season 3. These are subject to change:

Treasure Table Name Old Value New Value
Epic Battleground - 1st Daily Win 110 125
Epic Battleground - Subsequent Win 25 30
Brawl (Arenas) - 1st Daily Win 15 18
Brawl (Arenas) - Subsequent Win 3 4
Brawl (Battlegrounds) - 1st Daily Win 40 48
Brawl (Battlegrounds) - Subsequent Win 8 10
Arena 3v3 - 1st Daily Win 45 52
Arena 3v3 - Subsequent Win 80 93
Arena 2v2 - 1st Daily Win 35 40
Arena 2v2 - Subsequent Win 75 88
Rated Battleground - 1st Daily Win 85 98
Rated Battleground - Subsequent Win 175 200
Rated Battleground - Close Loss 45 54
Arena Skirmish - 1st Daily Win 25 30
Arena Skirmish - Subsequent Win 5 6
Random Battleground - 1st Daily Win 70 80
Random Battleground - Subsequent Win 15 18
Rated Solo Shuffle - Subsequent Win 50 58
Rated Solo Shuffle - 1st Daily Win 100 115
Rated Battleground Blitz – Close Loss 25 30
Rated Battleground Blitz - Subsequent Win 50 58
Rated Battleground Blitz - 1st Daily Win 100 115
3 Likes

They’re just way too scared about stepping on PvE players toes with early weapons and gear. As if it’s not enough that the stats are generally subpar for PvE and low PvE ilvl.

6 Likes

Yeesh that is a pitiful increase. I was expecting them to, at minimum, double the conquest gains and cap, but as per usual, Blizzard disappoints.

4 Likes

If I am reading the table correctly after 2 months you will have the ability to earn 600 more conquest compared with now :sweat_smile: Blizzard the type of company to talk an elderly retired couple into refinancing their home.

3 Likes

a loss of 0-1800 because you could get something completely useless

The likelihood of not getting a useful item during the first 4-6 weeks is pretty small. I think a safe estimate is the vault provides a minimum of 2,100 additional conquest worth of items in the first month on average. Losing that for 600 more total conquest over 2 months is the kind of trickery big brothers use when trading two (1) dollar bills for their lil bros single (5) dollar bill.

4 Likes

The only perk really is if you don’t feel like playing early season or if you pve, you won’t be perma behind until cap lifts. Which isn’t the worst thing but… come on, blizz.

not disagreeing that they took our taxes of 3000 $ and gave us a rebate of 600, however maybe I’m unlucky and always get bad stat items

Yeah one of the big positives is that you aren’t going to get out rng’d by people early on who end up geared when you’re still in half honor gear. However I fear that may be outweighed now by PvE players getting tier/fully geared way faster and using that gear in PvP for a big advantage.

What it really should be is this: Everything remains just how it is now but instead of a piece of gear that competes with PvE vault slots you just get a lump sum of conquest in your PvP vault row that doesn’t compete with any of the PvE rewards in it and doesn’t count towards the cap.
1st slot-200 Conquest
2nd slot-400 Conquest
3rd slot unlocked-600 Conquest

There’s probably a lot of other good ways to do it too. I just thought of this in literally 30 seconds but it seems way better than whatever they cooked up.

1 Like

I don’t even know that I follow the changes they posted. I mean I get it as a concept but…is there some kind of hidden purpose? I feel like I’m reading a riddle. what exactly does 1 more conquest do per skirmish win? idk seems half done.

They’re buffing gains slightly to compensate for the marginally larger weekly cap; basically it’ll take the same amount of time to cap a earn a little bit more conquest.

Except now PVE players will whine that PVP gearing is completely, 100% deterministic, and that bad luck doesn’t affect pvpers like it does pve’ers.

And then we’ll be back to BFA pvp gearing :dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

PVP players stand to be at a disadvantage anyway since anyone who gets the highest ilvl of weekly vault for M+ (equivalent of like 1600 pvp) could get a good draw with vers on it or something and that item would be a fantastic item to use, despite not being a pvp item.

Personally, I don’t see the problem with PVP being on the great vault. I’ve always been a man advocating for holistic wow

I have a sneaking suspicion that PvE gear from the vault is going to be BiS when we just have access to PvP greens, effectively making vault luck still important in PvP gearing. Now we’re just forced into PvE.

Also the tier you get from PvE vault is going to be BiS hands down unless the PvP gear is scaled insanely in PvP. Only way to fix it. Make the greens 20 ilevel above the PvE epics.

This tiny increase in conq is a joke.

the conquest change is a literal joke 700 more conquest for 10 weeks aint no way when M+ players can be fully epic geared in 3-4 days of grinding

actually insulting

1 Like

So they flat out lied about increasing the conquest cap in order to make up for the removal of a piece of pvp gear a week from the vault?

50 conquest increase per week over what it has been (not counting this season which it should have been changed to).

That’s honestly the biggest spit in the face yet.

3 Likes

Wait until we’re running 8 keys every week to maximize our vault for pvp. :dracthyr_yay_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated:

2 Likes

Seems to be the case honestly, unless they massively reduce the amount of conquest pvp gear costs.

This can be prevented ahead of time by increasing the item lvl scaling on all PvP gear in PvP combat.

1 Like

If I have to do 8 M+ a week to PvP I’m unsubbing.