Conquest cap system is dumb and makes no sense

You offer a bunch of gear from quests to assaults so getting to 445 isn’t that hard.

But than we are forced to cap conquest 10x for 445 gear that is not a upgrade in order to gain 460 gear?

This just makes no sense man, why design something like this? Why make this system when you give our 460 gear for warfronts?

Can pve players be forced to do all raids before they are able to do the new ones?

This whole expansion is just the dumbest design I have ever seen done by blizzard NOTHING MAKES SENSE.

49 Likes

It’s fine if you cap from the beginning, as now you are on 460 gear. I do agree there should be a catch up in place if you are just starting now. Though 500 points isn’t too much to go through. They could cut it in half if you are just starting out though. At least there is no cap on how many times you do the quest each week.

it should have never started at 445 its so pointless world quest give the exact same should have been 460 from the start even then this system is still bad

19 Likes

In the context of this thread, it’s not 500 points.
It’s 5,000.

10 Likes

If you could only get points from BGs/arena, I’d agree. As it is now, you can do no pvp and cap.

Well yea, I meant to cap once it’s 500 rather than the 1800 we used to have to cap.

Wait, I have to grind through all the 440 stuff now in order to get the 460?

It doesn’t just start us at the 460 this week?

17 Likes

Yuuuup.

Kinda silly.

8 Likes

What an absolute joke this is.

Give us some freakin vendors already!

Useless, useless, useless gearing system.

This is just stupid. I want to pvp to get upgraded gear to pvp with. Now I am filling up weeks and weeks worth of conquest to earn rewards that are worse than WQ rewards.

13 Likes

it brings your motivation down so far that you don’t even want to do it.

8 Likes

Quicker to just do a low M+ run for 460+ pieces in 20 minutes.

7 Likes

Also, unless they get exactly 500 points 10x in a row, they’ll go over the cap a bunch of times.

So, it’s probably going to be more than 5,000, because conquest points don’t rollover.

5 Likes

5 Likes

I get what you are saying but if you really want to just PVP you can do arena and increase your rating which in turn will give you higher ILevel gear

3 Likes

For anyone that is looking for conquest, Classic Ashran awards 150 for defeating the enemy general and a further 25 conquest for each and every event you win.

2 Likes

Although I don’t believe gear has that big of an impact and you’ll do fine in casual bg with a 420-440 ( any lower and you’re just being lazy and not taking the opportunities to acquire gear from other sources). I do believe the whole conquest cap could use some rework. Maybe something like the first bg win of the day is guaranteed 440 piece, any win after that is a chance of 430. And the conquest cap should be 460.

And as jugaa said there should be a catch up like maybe lower the cap for each week you missed or increase conquest points rewards

2 Likes

Or rated Bgs if Bgs are what you like. You can cap in 5 wins or less.

Lower the required conquest by 10% per week you’re behind. That would make the 440 weapon free and let alts catch up quickly.

4 Likes

Yes but what if you detest dungeons and hate things like horrific visions so much that you dread having to do them to level your cloak

4 Likes

Then you voluntarily choose to be behind.