Conquest Cap Determined By Rating in 9.1.5

Ok yes but you’re leaving out how much more expensive gear was back then. It definitely wasn’t under 2k conquest per weapon

One handlers were 2250I think for mh and 1250 for offhand while two handlers were 3500 conquest.

I said 2k to compare scaling. If glad is going to be 2400 the. 2k is fine for t2 imo.

Yes, weapons were over twice the price they are now for the most part. It makes sense that the base conquest level would be the same.

Nevermind the fact that minor pieces were 1250, belt hands shoulders feet were 1750, and major pieces were 2200 conquest respectively, if memory serves me right

I get what you were saying, but T2 should remain 2200

Just so we’re clear, cataclysm rated rewards were purely cosmetic. There was no T2 weapon.

Thank god i don’t play anymore.

That’s actually false. There were t2 weapons in Cata.

T2 was removed in MoP.

1 Like

I’ll have to double check, thought it was just a cosmetic reward.

Either way, they definetly didn’t break the game like current gear and even t2 weapons were stupid. Don’t revive t2 weapons.

I have them in my void storage on alliance rogue and DK.

It wasn’t just a cosmetic reward till
MoP.

T2 weapons weren’t stupid. It gives better players some form of progression and gives decent players a goal to achieve them.

just go back to a set of honor gear and a set of conquest gear, a simple solution for the biggest problem in wow pvp

2 Likes

Wierd, why would they apply this old mech back in a x.1.5 patch?
I mean, at least now i can get more conq. It doesnt solve the gear issues and will surely high up dispararities at higher ratings in a 9.2
But its def another improvement for 9.1

New season, new set.

That’s the logic that got us into this mess.

Cosmetics, mounts, and titles are what should be on the line, not player power.

5 Likes

people go ape for new hairstyles and stuff, imagine if player power was standardized but u could unlock a purple chaosbolt for reaching 2200 or something

6 Likes

So I am going to say this is another step in the direction of the WOD system. I think this will only apply (the cap) to toons currently caught up. Like in WOD, the higher the rating the more conquest per week you could get based on rating, allowing you players with higher ratings to gear faster. Again, nothing there indicates it applies to toons that are behind.

Players are higher ratings always have had an advantage in some way as far as gearing. But casual players could always eventually catch up. Now with the current system it is trash. But it has literally always been a thing.

Does this matter to mains since everyone’s mostly fully geared by now? Is this meant for alts but your alts are collecting dust at 200 ilvl?

No. Spoiled entitlement got us into this mess.

This is an RPG. Even FPS games give players who play more advantages.

Incorrect. I distinctly remember Cataclysmic season being ilvl 397 for base and 410 for elite weapon.

Although the correct answer, at least for Unholy DK at the time, was Gurthalak

1 Like

Without fail there is always a Blood Elf on a forum post defending Blizzard’s bad decisions.

2 Likes

Can you provide a link to this pls?