Conquest Cap Determined By Rating in 9.1.5

But from all your previous posts you do support it. So i’m triggered

That you think this change is remotely close to how it used to be absolutely upsets me because its not

Pvp is amazing and can be absolutely incredible. Its a crime that blizz is actively trying to make it unplayable for so many people

4 Likes

Its not a point needed to be made. I am just saying its not a new system

But I dont

PvP can be amazing which is why I would love to push arenas again and I agree Blizz is being dumb.

Alright covert blizzard dev, explain it. Because this reads to me you can only gain X amount of conquest per week based on rating, which will replace the current system and make it so your alt will only have access to a set amount per week regardless of what point of the season we’re in.

So explain it.

no
(using made up numbers of course)

the base conquest cap is 550 per week (being behind is not effected at all, week 2 is still 1100 week 3 is still 1650 ect)

if you get say 1800cr, your next week conquest cap will be 700 instead of 550
if you get 2100cr that next week your following weeks conquest cap will be 850 instead of 550 or 700

3 Likes

So insane gear gaps and conquest tiers rating locked is okay because thats how it was 12 years ago but conquest cap is too far? :stuck_out_tongue: or did your stance change on the first part

You realize that this is directly contradicted by this: There is a limit to the number of Conquest Points you can earn in one week.

this is the definition of a cap

this is the ruleset for the cap

all of this is implied for the CURRENT WEEKS CONQUEST CAP

none of the string implies anything about the catchup cap or being behind on conquest

this is not a new system
this is how conquest worked in the past

1 Like

I guess we’ll see. I have very little faith in blizzard to not do what I suspect they’re going to do which is basically say “you missed it oh well.”

Only time will tell.

1 Like

i get your skepticism forsure

but this isn’t a new system this is how conquest worked in the past

this doesn’t really help catchup or alts like at all
it does kind of spead up the gearing process which is good if they ever plan on doing shorter seasons

(really hoping sl isn’t a 3 season xpac zz)

Never said it was ok.

My stance has never been that it was ok.

Its new that theres like 9 tiers of ilvl associated to the conquest gear you can buy with your increased conquest cap though

Its just furthering the power gap discrepancy even faster

Even of its not intentionally designed to screw over alts, adding a conquest cap rating locked on top of a 26 ilvl conquest difference is just overkill

“You can buy less conquest because of your rating, and your gear is baseline worse. You can buy more conquest gear, and your gear is baseline better”

What did we argue about in all those threads months ago then, when i said rating locked conquest tiers were unhealthy for the game and you said rating locked conquest existed in past expansions and was good? :thinking:

it’s like they don’t know what to do and are reverting to an old primitive system that we left for a reason. All this does is stop average skill players from competing fairly until a month from season’s end when they finally have enough conquest to complete their set.

i hate stuff that punishes people who start playing mid season or take a break. Nobody wants to start playing again when ur 8 vaults and now probably thousands of conquest behind

6 Likes

they’re adding boa conquest boxes to the vendor so if your cap is higher on main it should allow you to funnel gear to your alt faster with the extra conquest

still not the ideal system but it should help gear alts quicker assuming you push rating on your main

I wonder why their hands are so tied behind their back.

How much red tape is involved with gearing and player time metrics or is it just a design philosophy they’re just too obstinate to give up.

This is exactly valor and conquest work right now, what implies they’re making it so next patch if you come in late you’re just at a 500 conq cap.

There’s a limit to the conquest you can earn this week, its 6850 for Conquest and 9k for Valor.

They’re wording sucks but like what you assumed makes no sense

I wouldn’t be surprised if this isn’t final and what they meant is tha the max conquest available once you actually catch up can go above 500.

I’m so used to blizzard consistently not making the right decision, that I simply presume that the worst case scenario is what they’re running with.

6 Likes

I think it was Cataclysm (maybe MoP tho) you could upgrade all pieces of gear twice at the gear upgrade vendor. That was independent of rating though

1 Like

When Conquest was added in Cata it was also capped by rating. For instance I found the patch notes for 4.2 " * The minimum cap on Conquest Points earned per week from Arenas is now 1350 at 1500 or less Arena rating. The maximum cap is now 2700 at 3000 or more Arena rating. The cap continues to scale non-linearly between those two points. For comparison, during season 9 the cap ranged between 1343 and 3000."

Don’t everyone panic yet, let’s wait and see if they’re going to continue with the current iteration of pvp gear or if they’re going to tweak it to the 2 sets we’ve been trying to push for.

I think they should bring the Cata type system back.

Honor set

Conq set

2k gives you t2 weps.

I never said it was good. Just that it existed in the past

2 Likes

Limiting conquest gains to previous weeks rating makes sense… if they remove rating requirements for gear.

3 Likes