Conquest boxes : /

some bad luck protection on these would be blizzard-sent. I have 4 weapons, 5 belts, 4 shoulders, 3 necklaces, and 3 of the same ring from i dont even know how much conquest. it just feels really bad

22 wasted pieces, thats over 8,000 conquest i might as well not have spent

10 good pieces, so 3750 conquest well spent.

That doesn’t feel like a good trade to me.

5 Likes

It is super frustrating but it’s better than nothing I suppose. You just have to have the mindset that you won’t get fully geared off them.

1 Like

I mean instant weapons and tier are great, then do a few hours of bgs or mail over medallions to fill out the remaining slots with honor stuff which really isn’t that bad.

Also be sure to check the non-set tier pieces, like bracers, cloaks, belts, etc, because sometimes you can convert a “bad” conquest piece.

Someone should do the math to find how many boxes you should buy before the odds stack against you.

I’m not good with probability or I would.

I dont think it matters one way or the other. Its all independent chance, i had an alt healer at 421 ilvl in an hour from a small handful of boxes, and the one i just leveled i spent 3 times as much and hes at 404. It feels awful spending over 10k i can say that much

What do you mean, convert a bad piece?

Well, there’s non-set tier pieces with fixed stats and sometimes they’re preferable to whatever piece you rolled from a box. An example on, say, Fury would maybe be the bracers where I got crit but if I throw them in the catalyst it’ll spit out mastery/vers ones.

Shift-click one of the set pieces into chat to see the stats.

Also, yes, it’ll scale up to 424 in PvP provided you convert a conquest piece.

1 Like

You can turn a non main set piece into “tier” and it will change the stats.

There’s a lot of less than ideal stat combinations but it’s often worth looking. I know that I’m a fan of foregoing versatility on alts just to do more damage in battlegrounds. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

How many warriors do you have?

And lets see the worgen mog

A few. If I’m not queuing and can’t think of anything in particular to do I’ll just level one that I have sitting around. It’s particularly convenient if there’s something like timewalking available.

I’ve been using a mixture of 25 heroic ICC pieces and demonic elite, then swapping around hats.

1 Like

I hate the “it isn’t so bad, it’s better than nothing” that people use to justify this. There should be two options. 500 conquest for a random piece of gear OR 500 to 350 conquest account bound box. I get they’re trying to get you to waste conquest but At least let us buy something that where we already know the exchange rate.

2 Likes

Its a very poor excuse and unfortunately very common when people are talking about some terribly implemented system.

I mean it’s kind of supplementary gearing. You aren’t meant to be able to super efficiently gear alts by playing your main. That’s why everything always has some cut taken, be it 20 primals when mailing a bag, the dust in SL, the conquest items via boxes, etc.

With some broad strokes you’ll wrap up a lot of important pieces and that’s enough to get you comfortably playing to fill out the rest, and doing that you’ll also be earning conquest that can be sent to other chars.

Like, it could obviously always be better. We could get 100% bonus conquest for each char we bis or something, but this is quite a bit better than “just do it from scratch”.

You’re missing my point. It’s about time investment. Getting lucky shouldn’t be part of the equation unless you choose that. You could choose the random boxes and get lucky and get a weapon or unlucky and get 3 cloaks in a row. Having the option of a known exchange rate would solve this issue. I don’t see the problem with implementing something like that.

Presumably because they don’t want it to be too efficient. We can already shoot over 20 pieces of gear to our literal fresh char and be nearly bis instantly. I’m not saying that’s perfect but it’s pretty close.

Opened 15 boxes on an alt yesterday.

Got the same helm 5 times, the same ring 4 times, and the same trinket 2 times. Others were a mixture. Not a single piece had my BiS stats.

Rnjesus must really hate me.

They’re trying to drive up gametime and engagement. Don’t you think you’re more likely play if you can jump into arena immediately and not have to spend time grinding honor doing boring BGs? They do the same thing already with primal chaos, why not do this with conquest? It just doesn’t make any sense to me that people are just ok with random boxes when there is clearly a better way.

I see what you’re saying, but my issue is that i already put in work to acquire the conquest in the first place. I mean i can play 3s with friends all night and maybe get 1500ish? Rough guess, but in general its not fast.

Its not very efficient if it takes weeks of arenas or shuffle to rng half of a set.

Even if the boxes were twice as much it would end up being worth it with duplicate protection.

1 Like

We need 10k honor per char per season and most of it can be skipped.

We’re at the point where it’s so fast and easy to setup a char that even if something is going to get nerfed by 20% in a week you can reach most goals you want on that char by then.