Connectivity Issues

Lets make the question simple, is there a list of blizzard ip addresses that I can whitelist on my router?

I am having issues with connectivity being randomly being blocked. I am currently running a Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro with the IDS/IPS system turne don. I am receiving alerts that possible attacks were prevented by the IP address 24.105.34.230 while playing wow. Looking this IP address up on google, I found that it belonged to blizzard. This infomred me that blizzard also has 24.105.0.0 - 24.105.63.255 registered.

I am still researching my logs to see ‘what’ suspicious activity was blocked by my IPS.

Further research from the logs. It appears my UDM is blocking a “ET MALWARE Netwire RAT Checkin” trojan. Since this is a false positive I would still like to know the original question so I can whitelist blizzard’s ip ranges.

source:

No. Divulging their entire IP range makes them more susceptible to DDoS. The IP you’re referencing is the authentication server.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.