Conjuror: Rework suggestion for Spellslinger

Change Spellslinger Hero class for TWW to Conjuror.

Keep splinters.

Add in Arcane/Frost pet as a passive companion similar to old frost mage water elemental.

This would satisfy all frost mages and add more to a hero talent tree that has significantly less flavor than the Sunfury and Frostfire options.

The lack of effort creatively that went into this Hero talent tree is kind of heartbreaking.

For once just give the people what they want and give Frost mages back their pet and build on that class fantasy instead.

For Arcane mages this is great too cause every mage wants a pet.

Upon casting Arcane Intellect - Conjure Frost/Arcane Elemental (Similar to recent Arcane rework)

Remove Slippery Slinging choice node and replace with a conjured pet defensive/offensive option choice node.

2 Likes

There’s a name for such Mages. They are called Warlocks. Best part is they are already in the game!!

3 Likes

Hypocrite much? Sunfury is an amazing talent tree… which is getting a pet.

1 Like

Not really… it’s getting a temp phoenix much like icy veins currently gives a temp elemental.

1 Like

Wow. D-bag much?

Not really, no.

2 Likes

So you’re going to sit there and say that Sunfury objectively isn’t significantly cooler and feels much more like a hero class than Spellslinger?

I made a post about some re work suggestions. Not to break apart the semantics of class fantasy with you…

1 Like

Why is this so controversial? The same people who say they don’t like pets seem to also be blind to the fact that doing this could pull water elemental out of iv and give frost non-pet options. It’s weird to me when the change was made that people opposed restoring options even if it meant they could forgo the pet altogether, which is what they ostensibly hate: water elemental uptime.

What this really feels like is non-frost mains trying to control frost fantasy. Even to their own chagrin. And honestly i’ve rarely seen this much hostility across specs in any class. It’s really weird. Balance druids aren’t trying to change feral into a casting tree so they can comfortably run feral if balance is undertuned.

The imbalance that existed between lonely winter and the active pet is also counter to normal design when such options exist. Normally the passive option is weaker, but when we had the choice the active one was.

2 Likes

Yea… I think it’s hilarious that both opposing opinions came from Fire mages. Who have two amazing options for Fire class fantasy.

Firemane specifically came into this thread with sarcasm and had the audacity to start name calling.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily think a pet centric tree would be the best choice but honestly anything is better than those splinters, lol.

That said, it does seem like the best received hero trees tend to have some kind of a summon at their core, whether it’s the Sunfury phoenix, or the Rider of the Apocalypse horsemen, or even the Conduit of the Celestials… well Celestials. And yes, the Diabolist Warlock hero tree what focuses on summoning demons is also their best one.

However, it’s important to note that all of these summons are temporary and you don’t have direct control over them which also means you don’t have to micromanage them for optimal performance. That is key. They act more like trinket procs than pets. The in-game terminology for that is “guardians.” That’s definitely something worth considering imo.

Of course at this stage of development, even though there is still probably close to half a year before the expansion launches, it is exceedingly unlikely that a massive change to any of the hero trees is in the cards, no matter how unpopular they are. Frankly, I don’t think they will ever completely rework any of them if I am to be perfectly honest, even if no one touches them. And for that matter, despite their “evergreen” talking point, I also have significant doubts that any of these trees will make it out of the expansion intact and are far more likely to end up being just another borrowed power feature that only lasts one expansion. But I guess we will see in time.

Ya… asking them to completely remove splinters from the core gameplay is over optimistic cause as you said it likely won’t happen. Which is why I said to keep them in and just add some other “Conjuration” elements to contribute towards the hero class fantasy.

2 Likes

This is probably true and extremely disappointing. It feels like everything we’ve gotten has been rammed through with 0 dialogue. In fairness they did fix some longtime complaints like Rop but this class really feels like a toy that the devs let us all play with, not like something they intend on collaboratively sharing with any of us at all. The only spec that is somewhat consistently good is fire. They keep trying with arcane to their credit but it just keeps falling flat. Hopefully the tww rework is good.

2 Likes

Probably want to recheck the thread chronology there.

1 Like

Believe me I did. Your sarcasm and overly negative contributions to the discussion… are just unwanted. Then throwing around insults like D-Bag… calling someone a hypocrite and a D bag are two totally different things. I happily reported you. Begone.

I also think that Spellslinger is super boring and would like a rework, but I don’t want it to be designed around pets.

On another note, saying that Sunfury is a pet tree is extremely wrong since not only you cannot control the phoenix at all, it only lasts for a very limited time during our major cooldowns, same as Icy Veins and the Water Elemental.

4 Likes

I don’t need your permission to disagree with you.

When the first term is unwarranted it earns you the second one.

Ok.

No. See above about not needing your permission.

Yup, that’s why I made the distinction. They’re all guardians not pets. It’s like that for other classes that have them as part of their hero trees as well. But honestly it would be kind cool to have an arcane/water elemental pop out during a Splinterstorm to chuck out the splinters rather than the way it is right now where they just sort of just hang out awkwardly to your side and fire off without any kind of flair.

2 Likes

You’re like a toddler. Get help.

And you’re amusing. Keep it up.

Also thank you for providing an actual example of hypocrisy. I was concerned you didn’t know what it meant.

You’re just the worst kind of person. The discussion was meant to be a fun idea for the re-work of an uncreative hero talent tree. All you’ve done is integrate negativity, sarcasm and your own inflated ego. Keep proving my point.

The only real contribution you’ve made to the discussion is… redundant to begin with. As the person mentioned above the majority of the hero talent trees that are generally favored by the community consist of summons.

2 Likes

I like the idea @Mythocoast :slight_smile:

The Spellslinger tree is super sad and not rly creative at all.

A new hero tree around the water elemental and the arcane familiar would be rly innovative and a fresh breath of air :slight_smile:

Ignore the 0815 pet-haters who have no arguments excepet" I DON T WANT CRY CRY" :wink:

More options in gameplay and gamestyles are NEVER a loss but a win for the whole mage community.
Nobody HAVE to play it. It should be an option, not the +best+ dps-wise.

Looking forward to some changes! For the return of our beloved water elemental<3

1 Like