Congratulations Blizzard!

For all zones?

1 Like

And people want to gimp normal flying even more when it’s released. :upside_down_face:

you should get that checked out

1 Like

Yep. But I also had the advantage of an addon. If you’re landing, you’re doing it wrong. Only use skyward ascent once, angle slightly down afterwards and just keep doing that.

Don’t worry, once you max out dragonriding, you can stay in the air permanently zooming at 800-whatever percent speed…forever if you’d like.

lol… lolol…

When I was collecting the glyphs, there were a few times when I and another player or two would be stuck together on the same little tiny crevice in a mountain side, waiting for our vigor to refill. I never said anything and they didn’t either. We just shared the awkward moment together. :sweat_smile:

:dracthyr_hehe_animated:

15 Likes

That one sucked.

If I were smarter, I would’ve turned all of my glyphs in beforehand, instead of hoarding them to unlock everything after my world tour.

Having my dragon riding maxed out now makes me realize just how much faster I would’ve obtained it… lol. I assume OP did the same thing.

Upside is that you only ever have to do it once.

1 Like

you literally never have to land, you use the ability to go up to pick up speed and you aim back down. You keep doing that to recharge your vigor, keep your height up and speed and you never have to hit the ground. Flying is super easy with the glyphs.

Only issue I have with dragon flying is there is no over and landing into a place takes some practice without pulling mobs.

One of the things I realized on that side of the mountain, is that you can apply the glyphs anywhere… You don’t have to be at that NPC.

took me 2 hours but I was watching the peaky blinders and stopped for a few to get immersed into old london gangsters. Youtube the glpyh areas, I got them easily.

I’m all out of Kleenex, must have blown away while I was having fun dragon riding.

1 Like

Wait…
… rly?

1 Like

i know right ? instead of actually playing and learning the game

And if you want to go entitlement route, we a re just as entitled to respond.

First you are level 60, unless that’s changed and you haven’t update here via logging out and back in.

Second, sounds like yet another dragonriding complaint. It’s not going to be 100% all the stinking time. There is some build up to it.

SO instead of being entitled and obviously impatient, start placing the points in dragonriding skills, find drifts in the air.Collect the glyphs and oh my increases…Who would’ve thought.

I agree. When this happens, I bust out the goblin glider and away I go. The recharge time is stupid. A dragon that can’t flap it’s wings is stupid—esp since Ive been riding numerous dragon mounts that CAN flap their wings and fly since 2006.

7 Likes

You are lazy because you dont have all the glyphs and are too bad to learn to fly better.

So instead of improving yourself you come here to complain.

Typical forum experience.

4 Likes

It’s only an issue in the beginning. Get all the glyphs and everytime you flap your wings up, you gain a recharge. I’m in the sky with 100% uptime now.

Only thing normal flying has over dragon riding is the ability to hover in the air.

1 Like

This is a skill issue.

2 Likes

Nah, way easier to just complain and threaten to unsub.

/s

This is really no different than making an error that gets you killed and having to run back to your body. If you’re stuck on the side of a mountain you should take it as a life lesson on how dragon riding doesn’t work and try not to do that again.

Maybe you don’t remember how other xpacs start, with ground mounts only, where you’re either spending long segments of time on flight paths or long segments of time trying to ride through packs of mobs on the ground to get wherever your quest needs you to be.

Dragon riding has opened up an expansive world where you can quickly and safely travel from one quest area to another. This comes at a slight cost of learning a new travel method but to me it’s totally worth it. This is WAY better than being grounded for months on a new xpac.

2 Likes