Confirmed Chromie is trans

This is absolutely fantastic news!! :hearts: :hearts: :rainbow: :rainbow:

Thank you Blizzard!

3 Likes

this is very … strange.

It has a lot of cross and different information.

So… according to her, in this video, it’s not the name of a male dragon …

On wowpedia:

Chronormu is a female bronze dragon often involved with mortal affairs. As one of the most important members of the bronze dragonflight, she seeks to maintain and restore various timelines of importance in Azeroth’s recent history. Chronormu’s preferred guise when dealing with mortals is Chromie , a charismatic female gnome

but, reading further below:

Visage Day
WoW-novel- This section concerns content related to the Warcraft novels, novellas, or short stories.
Chronormu was born a male bronze dragon…

and :

Kalec told Chromie that he felt that she was the one who had taught them all a lesson. When he asked why she’d chosen to become female, Chromie smiled, replied “It suits me”, and gave him a long hug. After an evening of festivities, Chromie went to bed feeling more whole and joyful than she ever had before.[1] Chronormu thus adopted a female identity in both her dragon and mortal form

Then, a male dragon assumed the identity of a female gnome, and in its dragon form it assumed the identity of a female dragon … according to this novel.

Now, about dragons in general :

Dragon is both the name for the race as a whole and the short title for the mature-aged dragon (aka “mature dragon”). Once a dragon has come of age, it is acceptable for them to choose a different gender identity than the one they were born with if they wish

Now, there were some doubts:

If a male dragon decided to be a female dragon, can a dragon transform the body and reproduce, or does this human limitation exist in dragons?

If this dragon try to reproduce in the form of a female gnome (literally having intercourse with another male gnome), is there a possibility that it will become a reproduction or does it not work that way?

IF it doesn’t work that way then dragons are extremely different. They can become whatever they want, have different relationships that are not tied to any gender or identity or groups - because they can change shape whenever they want :

Even after choosing a visage, dragons are not limited to a single disguise and can assume any form they wish…

And there have been dragons that have changed shape more than once :

…as shown by Deathwing, Acridostrasz, Kairozdormu, and Vaelastrasz all appearing as different races on different occasions. However, if they use a form different from one they’re used to, this may be evident by unnatural-looking movements.

I didn’t find anything related to the Chronormu dragon about eggs. I was curious if when changing from male to female dragon, the body also changed to the point of being able to have children (laying eggs, I don’t know).

If it is the case that she DOES NOT manage to lay eggs, or have children / dragons, then she is literally a transgender.

If she can lay eggs or whatever, it is not a case of transgender, but dragons can change basically everything.

The only thing i remember, is that Deathwing needed female dragons to have eggs, that is, a dragon couldn’t change its internal shape and reproduce when it wanted to… or would that be different from race to race? or even a matter of pride?

Deathwing was very proud … did he not want to switch to a female dragon and reproduce or does this limitation exist?

If limitation exists in all dragons then changing the shape to a female dragon still makes the dragon male in the genes and internally, making reproduction impossible …

hm … some information is missing on this aspect. But this is just curiosity, nothing very important.

Confirmed, if Chromie is happy, I’m happy. Life is too short. Do what you want.

4 Likes

Anything is possible when you control the Pen of Fate… and recently canon and lore in multiple franchises across the board has fallen victim to the Pen of Fate. Retcons and rewriting of history to go in a new narrative direction is just… bad and demonstrates lazy writing and a true lack of storytelling talent we have seen for awhile now.

they are only doing what people on here have basically forced them to do.

1 Like

I liked when dragons were mythical creatures that shapeshifted at will and did not have some specified tag to their being to correlate with real life.

5 Likes

Except she isn’t. The one who named Chromie didn’t know the gender of the dragon, so he just gave it whatever name he thought of. The name just stuck. Also, they’re dragons, not people.

1 Like

Are you implying that parents who name their child know the child is trans at birth?

Just kidding of course but that’s just silly, characters are just blank slates untill story is given to them

And saying dragons aren’t people is just rude

2 Likes

I just want to say that I enjoy people having a slap fight about the worst character in the entire franchise. She is a complete joke, why are all of you taking her so seriously?

Something a little more “Progressive” OFC lol

1 Like

So Chromie was trans all along. Use to be He until turned into a female gnome. It explains alot. What’s next? :thinking:

Whatever the new public trend or identity is will be the next thing to be in the game, because corporations chase anyone they think has money.

5 Likes

Put a reference to Chromie’s transness in the Chinese client now. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

This is for sure, stunning and brave! Bravo!!

That would show they are sincere and not pandering.

3 Likes

they’re not people, they’re not even real…

2 Likes

Boy isn’t that the truth. How you waste a character played by Gwendoline Christie when you know she was outstanding in GoT is beyond me.

Very brave move from Blizzard, I applaud them for this change - I’ve just submitted my purchase order for 300 LBGTIQ shirts with the Blizzard logo on it because of how brave and woke they are rn.

3 Likes

luv tha litrally luv tha x

You’re still being a big meanie to Chronormu.

3 Likes