Confirmed abilities breaking Stealth in PvP

Confirmed the following skills are bugged and will break stealth without the target being visible, targeted, or hit by anything.

NEW: 1. Warlock - 100 yard AoE stealth break ignoring line of sight - Whenever a hostile Warlock gains Tormented Crescendo by casting a Shadow Bolt or Drain Soul on a target with Agony, Wither, and Unstable Affliction on it stealth is broken in the ridiculously sized circle around the Warlock.

NEW: 2. Paladin - Sun’s Avatar (Passive) - 20 yard AoE stealth break - Particularly bad with Radiant Glory talented (Wake of Ashes procs Avenging Wrath every 30 seconds) - Applies an 18 second DoT to you, additionally preventing restealth while knocking you out of stealth.

STILL BUGGED: 3. Paladin - Divine Resonance (Divine Toll) - Automatic Judgment knocks you out of stealth even while not visible. It appears the range check is what breaks you out of stealth, no hammer is ever thrown at you. Range is limited to 30 yards and line of sight, but knocks you out of stealth regardless of what direction the Paladin is facing. This happens 3 times, once every 5 seconds.

FIXED: 1. Warlock - Malevolence - 100 yard range AoE stealth break ignoring line of sight.
FIXED: 2. Warlock - Any shard spenders (Hellcaller hero talent) - 100 yard range AoE stealth break ignoring line of sight.
FIXED: 4. Frost Mage Splinterstorm - Frost Splinter / Embedded Frost Splinter hit stealthed targets within 20 yards of the mage casting.

22 Likes

Replying for visibility. I really can’t believe this hasn’t been fixed.

9 Likes

Saw your post on Worldofpvp. Thank you for your testing. The warlock stuff is STRAIGHT TROLL lmao. Hope this gets fixed soon - absolutely broken and wild.
BUMP

4 Likes

We need a blue response ASAP. 1 class and 4 total specs are unplayable because of this… How did it go live? Playing a rogue or feral druid in PvP is pointless until stealth is fixed.

8 Likes

Linking this to the bug report post where I list the skills that break stealth.

5 Likes

Maybe if I say that I’m a mage and it’s breaking invisibility they’ll pay attention and fix it.

Help I’m a melee mage using daggers and poisons but half my talent tree is broken and bugged. Invisibility doesn’t work in BG’s or world pvp.

6 Likes

bump for viz, pls fix

5 Likes

I’m not sure what was causing it, but I was just in a party with a Mountain Thane prot warrior and every single time he would pull, some aura would bounce off of him and hit me and knock me out of stealth. I’m still trying to work out what it could have been. I’ll edit this if/when I figure it out. So far my details hasn’t been helpful.

4 Likes

Confirmed. Pls fix. PvP unplayable as stealthy

7 Likes

Arena season is rapidly approaching. This needs addressing ASAP.

6 Likes

No blizz response on this is crazy

5 Likes

Agreed. This needs fixed before the season starts. Really is a non starter for rogues in BGs, as well as arenas.

4 Likes

This is absolutely ridiculous. Fix this immediately.

Blood pressure is cardiac arrest levels right now.

4 Likes

I have been summoned to another thread.

Yes please fix BlizZard.

All it is a check mark to allow buffs to not break stealth or certain debuffs to not break stealth too.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

The class is useless without stealth. It’s insane that this is still not fixed

6 Likes

It seems like there are a lot more abilities than just these that break stealth. It’s so frequent now that it’s just funny.

The real problem is that combat log DOES NOT SHOW WHAT BROKE OUR STEALTH. 20 year old game, and they still don’t give us that sort of feedback in-game.
Whatever broke your stealth should be in the “what happened to me” tab of combat log, just like taking damage. There’s no excuse that it doesn’t log it.

5 Likes

Well the good news is that we don’t have rated battleground blitz starting next week… oh wait.

Pretty much if there is a warlock with the hellcaller hero talent in your matches, good luck ever being in stealth because it’s on every shard spender they have and 100 yard AoE is insanely large. 2 locks, GG just sit in the graveyard.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this. Confirmed, feral stealth isn’t working in war within pvp zones.

2 Likes

Please address this, Blizzard. <3

4 Likes

Please address this, Blizzard. <3

4 Likes