Conduit Change on Beta

TL;DR: Conduits will be added to a collection and pulled from the collection to place in a Soulbind tree. Soulbind trees can be rebuilt once a week, and active Soulbind can be respecced any time by visiting the location.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-conduits-update/596481

The highlights:

Once this new system is in place, Conduits will work like this:

• Conduits will continue to be items that can be earned from a wide variety of endgame content (dungeons, PvP, raids, reputations, world quests, etc.)
  • The power of their effects will increase with the Item Level of the Conduit.
  • Instead of placing a Conduit directly into a given Soulbind tree, you’ll bring it back to your Sanctum where you can add it to a permanent collection.
  • There will be more than one source for most Conduits, to increase flexibility in acquisition and accessibility across different playstyles.
  • Earning a more powerful version of a Conduit you already have will simply upgrade that Conduit in your collection.

A given Conduit can only be used once per Soulbind, though the same Conduit can be added into different Soulbinds’ trees without restriction. This does not require earning more than one copy of the Conduit – once it’s in your collection, you can place it as you wish.

If you want to rebuild your Soulbind trees, once per week you’ll be able to clear all of their Conduits, with a separate cooldown per Soulbind. But once you’ve decided on your desired Conduit placements, we want to ensure that the system offers as much flexibility as other existing talent systems, so you’ll be able to switch which Soulbind is active or redirect the flow of Anima through a Soulbind’s tree (essentially respeccing them) any time you visit your Sanctum. And if you have a different Soulbind per spec, or a different active trait path within a given Soulbind, that will be saved on a per-specialization basis, and will automatically change whenever and wherever you change specializations.

3 Likes

Can someone confirm/clarify this point?

Does this mean that we can have completely separate conduit setups per spec within our class?

So I can use the same path/soulbind for my balance and resto specs, but the conduits will change when I switch?

I like it, at face value

“A given Conduit can only be used once per Soulbind”

I take this to mean they can’t be stacked? Which is great, I don’t want a conduit that’s like Test of Might, where it scales so well you should take it at every opportunity.

1 Like

it appears to say when you swap spec, it’ll set itself to the last sb and path that that spec was set to

like how swapping specs in legion would switch your artifact automatically

Next up: Covenant Abilities

#PullTheRipcord

Edit: anyone elses mobile switch their characters randomly? I havent used this toon in months

5 Likes

Looks like I was right all along. I mean, it was obvious stuff of course, Ion himself was literally saying this was how it would work… but somehow people wanted to cry and cry and cry about a completely made-up issue.

Overall, this sounds completely positive. Since Conduits are already divided into Red, Blue, and Yellow Conduits, you won’t have to worry about the library being overflooded like the Essence library is now.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
more timegate B :poop:

3 Likes

Now they need to fix the Maw. I don’t want to go in and lose half my rewards for 1 death, my time is more valuable than that.

There’s some crap on the wowhead comments about needing to grind ranks like essences, that isn’t how it works

The Ranks for these are going to be based on content level

“Earning a more powerful version of a Conduit you already have will simply upgrade that Conduit in your collection.”

so a heroic conduit will bump up when you get it from mythic, more like the gear grind than the objective chasing of essences

it really needs to scale in difficulty, rather than “times up, jailer’s gonna kill you in a few hits if you don’t leave”

Conduits will NOT change from the sound of it. Only the flow of anima through the tree (which nodes are “powered”).

It sounds like if you want to do multiple load-outs for the same tree, you’ll have to devote the left path to spec A, and the right path to spec B. When you swap specs, your anima will automatically swap from the left path to the right, but the conduits on the left path will still be in place. This is still problematic for places where an intersection occurs, because while certain Conduits can be used in multiple specs, others cannot (or aren’t BIS). Blizzard will probably need to rearrange some trees in this case. Utility node are AFAIK class-wide but any potency nodes will need to be branch specific or else you’ll have issues.

I like this change, and it reduces the overhead of having to manage 12-16 different soul-bind trees if you play 3-4 specs, but the trees right now need to be partially redesigned if they want this to work.

Bellular fear-mongering. That’s all it was. I knew it was total BS, it didn’t align at all with what Ion was describing.

2 Likes

I don’t see the point of doing this other than to punish people for changing specs. It has less of an impact for hybrids classes but single role classes this just seems like a lot of frustration.

Because they don’t want it to devolve into “brb guys, gotta go change my conduits” between every boss.

4 Likes

Good change. Still some important decisions to be made before you head on out for your day, but also nice room to experiment plus less emphasis on grind.

Thanks Dev team!

3 Likes

So you guys just brought back essences?

Without the ranking up. You get them naturally like gear.

It’s what people wanted, one of the top suggestions was “just put them into a library like essences”

5 Likes

Good point I completely forgot about that regarding the maw. :thinking:

1 Like

Well that sounds great. Hopefully there will be some BoA down the road with this system. (9.3?)

Edit: Wait… maybe not if its Ilvl based. I don’t want my alts with the highest ilvl access necessarily on day 1.

how and or why do you BoA class specific items

If they keep the sources updated it wouldn’t be needed.

If a “raid drop conduit” always drops from the current raid you wouldn’t need boa raid drops conduits.

I don’t know much about them, I thought things in SL were covenant based. (since this is GD, i don’t have access to Beta or Beta discussion, sorry if i’m in the left field)