Condemn Confusion

I had this chain of thoughts:
Condemn is like execute but better because you can use it over a higher % of a targets health. → Oh wait, they nerfed it’s damage compared to execute. → Man I wish it did full damage at least in the normal execute phase. → But then what is even the point of this move?

It looks great, but does it actually make you weaker? Does anyone remember how much they nerfed it?

3 Likes

Did they ever actually directly nerf condemn? Pretty sure they just buffed execute

1 Like

Ya I think Venthyr should be the pure ST covenant since they don’t get anything for AE

3 Likes

I remember that they buffed Execute and nerfed armor.

Adds an absorb shield to you more or less

it’s still exactly the same. they just made normal execute stronger.

i love condemn. i just wish they didn’t nerf death sentence or at least make it to 20-25 yards w/ 6 sec cd at least for tradeoff.

1 Like

Okay, so they made execute stronger, but not the ‘stronger’ version of execute? Now I am more confused.

2 Likes

Yeah they buff normal execute by a good amount and not condemn a while back, so it kinda just kill the covenant at that point since it made nf/kyrian better on single target while being extra strong in aoe already.

And they nerf death sentence too so you cant spam charge anymore and nerfed armor making execute stronger in pvp

But you can still make venthyr somewhat work tho, but it is usual blizz balancing really.

5 Likes

It feels nice as Fury.

Not great on Arms, though.

1 Like

It always felt nice on fury this expansion, just more rage regen increase overall to keep enrage up and you can aoe it really easily. Now with 4p and the 2nd lego, you can have so much reck uptime and go wild. With really high haste with meat cleaver and reckless abandon talents, it would be a blast to play in m+ with not having to spam whirlwind after a bladestorm or use whirlwind after every 2 ability and still somewhat pump hard up to 5 targets constantly. Venthyr fury might have some potentiel in pvp in just tunneling something until it dies strat, but i can’t say.

Arms venthyr just felt alright with signet if it proc reck for that rage increase. Without it, you just rage starve all the time in comden window. I just really had fun perma charge at enemy players haha. Hopefully blizz gonna bring back executionner precision baseline on arm next expansion.

I don’t remember, does condemn do shadow damage? If so I would check and see if it can go through blessing of protection.

1 Like

i loved condemn on pvp tho , mini-charge

1 Like

yup its terrible they gutted the only advantage venthyr dps had

3 Likes

That’s basically a nerf to Venthyr/Condemn since it was the only thing that set the covenant apart from other, better covenants overall. With its niche gone there’s almost no point in playing it anymore.

2 Likes

I thought about it for a while. The only way to make Condemn competitive without drastically altering it is to:

• make it so the absorb deals reflect damage (ie Mindgames / Reactive Defense Matrix)
  • change Conduit to cause the reflect damage to instead splash/split between targets with increased effectiveness similar to various trinkets (ie Blood-Splattered Scale). If you don’t want to to splash, you just don’t use the conduit.
  • Legendary also grants you a free Execute (similar to Sudden Death) when you use Avatar, Recklessness, or Colossus Smash.

Venthyr easily has some of the worst conduits, soulbind perks (minus Theotar’s absorb shield), Sanctum upgrades, and legendary memory in the game–coupled with the fact that Door of Shadows cast time isn’t reduced by haste makes it hard to pick Venthyr for competitive content unless the class ability outweighs it all, but at the point you’d do just as well with no soulbind. Season 1 Condemn was so good you didn’t care how useless the soulbinds were, but now that Condemn can’t overcompensate you can’t escape how bad Venthyr has always been.

Unless you’re really stubborn, just reroll to Kyrian or Necrolord. Nightfae isn’t worth the meme parses unless you really like collecting soulshapes or really desperate to keep your raid spot for whatever specific boss its optimal for. The only problem with Kyrian is Bronn is the only soulbind worth using outside of Necrotic week, so you’ll end up swaping conduits a lot if you swap specs a lot.

1 Like

Good to see people thinking about it. To bad the people who make the game don’t play it. I wonder who the Ace is who comes up with all the really bad ideas that they go with?

BRO, PEOPLE LOVE EXECUTE, WHAT IF WE MADE A BETTER ONE?!!!
OH THAT SOUNDS COOL, WHAT’S IT DO?
WARRIORS CAN USE IT MORE AND IT WILL DO SHADOW DAMAGE!!
OH THAT’S COOL!!
YEAH AND IT WILL DO WAY LESS DAMAGE TOO!!
?WHAT?

4 Likes

The condemn visual is really nice looking. Too bad despite how it looks, it only hits 1 target. I think a buff to condemn could be that it naturally cleaves. This would make the ability, even though it does less damage than execute, a viable option for anybody wanting to play venthyr for M+.

2 Likes

I like how the animation changes with sweeping strikes active.

I do not like how it uses an overhead 2h swing for a 1h weapon, though.

4 Likes

it really is, its one of main reasons i refuse to change despite it being super out of meta.

The red glow + shadow damage and that satisfying sound. Gives that Dark Knight feel.

1 Like

I can’t take Blizzard’s upcoming talent revamp seriously if they won’t do the bare minimum to fix Condemn. Build diversity is clearly not something Blizzard is interested in. An entire expansion revolving around covenants and they pigeonhole you into 1 or 2 choices. Same with the performance discrepancy of legendaries.

3 Likes