Compromised account

His toons are still in guild tho and i can give his old battle tag if that helps. I just wanne know if the ticket is being looked at

It’s gonna be a bit. I’ve been waiting over a week for compromised account.

It will be answered tickets are averagingv7 to 8 days comprimised accouts do have a bit higher prority but it will still take time. Make sure u find the source of the comprimise and add a authenticator.

2 Likes

Edit: Relevant thread passed to Orlyia.

That’s what I also said on the EU forums.

Setting up another Battlenet with the old email can be an issue if you want that old email restored. They are unique to an account, if a new account has it - the old won’t be able to use it.

You could either setup a brand new email (and edit the ticket) or change the new account’s email to something else so it can be reused.

In either case - it’s a good idea to make sure of the security of both your system - and the email being used. I’d also recommend authenticators for accounts as another layer of protection.

4 Likes

Omg, i cant sleep. How are you holding up? Lol the idea someone can see the info where my kids live. We started playing iver 10y ago. Spend thousands and i had trust if something would happen, they would jump on it when privacy is involved. Sorry but maybe overreacting worried mum

The blues here can’t really help outside of this forum, more so the ek forum.

Take a deep breath scream into a pillow i promise you 2 thing will there mite be a ban depending if the hackers start spamming chat. This is reversable when a gm comfirms a comprmise. 2nd an6 gear thats stripped from the toons will be restored.

All you can do is wait. Good thing is Blizzard has backups of all this so they can restore missing items. The beginning part is proving the account is yours. I uploaded my drivers license, cell phone bill, a pictures of the emails I got when my battlnet email and password was change and a screen shot of one of my characters getting the infinite time reaver the last time we had timewalking to prove its me, also the receipt for me purchasing the latest expansion.

We never wanted a new account. It is empty. It just happend when we tried to get the email back in the hope to find the account and it just created a new account on the old email. I put in a ticket twice, once before and once after. With before i mean through the hacked chanbel guide.

New account is just temp till he can get a ticket into explain the situation.

I send a lot of stuff too… just not ID but i can still fo that. The thung is the email addres wasnt known anymore with blizzard so we had to put a ticket without it. After we found a way to make the email known again but apparantly it now created a new empty never used account on it. From there i put in another ticket with attachments and proove of the old one

Yep same this is an old account i was able to log into to get to the forums. Subscription is off though. I just want to post my tickets so a blue could verify I’m in queue and find out wait times.

This is completely understandable. If it helps, generally the people responsible are in different countries and have no interest in your kids. They want your online assets (all assets, really). I know that probably doesn’t help shake that “violated” feeling, but just wanted to try and reduce the anxiety.

They absolutely will. There’s just a big confluence of events that has made ticket times skyrocket. Two game releases, another on the way, etc. Blizzard will definitely be helping you make this right, but it will just be a longer than normal wait, unfortunately.

4 Likes

More than a few days…

Fair point. I edited it to be a little more accurate.

I know the wait sucks for everyone compromised. It’ll get sorted out, though. :slight_smile:

Pretty sure I found the account in question. It’s been banned - so at least you know they can’t get in it at the moment either. That can be addressed when the restoration is done.

Found the new account - and that has a ticket - as does yours.

I can’t stress enough how important it is once this gets resolved that you add an authenticator.

9 Likes

Ty for your reassuring words and empathie because on the EU forum i got even trolled being naief to have put a card on the account. I mean wtf we have subscriptions.
Now apparantly it is a problem there is a new tag account on the emailadres but we never intended that. It was there and used it for another ticket

I need blizz to add my new cell phone once they contact me. My account has my old cell phone. Once the new one is there I can add authenticator. That’s why I gave them a copy of my cell phone bill to prove it’s my phone matching my home address

Omg i am happy they banned it, that allready reassures me. Does that mean they did that once they saw my first ticket?

What about that empty account on it? We never intended to do that, it just happend when we tried to get in the email and then i just used it for another ticket, thinking better two then one.

What do i do now cos i want his old account restored on the original emailadres.
It has meaning to us, its how he joined me on the game over 10y ago.

About the authenticator. I know, i have it, my son has it and my husband was about to but forgot. He used to have it i think.