Compromised account

I put in a ticket last Sunday for hacked account. Someone changed my password and then changed the email on my other bnet account core2005#1359. I still haven’t gotten a response. It was a webticket since I forgot I had this old bnet account at the time so I don’t know the ticket #. I did put in another ticket later. Ticket #US87299049. Still no response. Will they email the address I put in the ticket? It’s the email that was linked to the hacked battlenet account that no longer is linked after they changed it.

1 Like

Ticket times are around 10 days. They try to get to account compromises quicker, but sometimes they can’t. It shouldn’t be too much longer.

4 Likes

This is open and in queue, Marthros. A little over 6 days old, so it should be coming up in queue soon. If I am reading this ticket correctly, you created a new Bnet with a new email - and want us to use that?

That’s not possible. One email unique to Battle.net. By making another with the email you want to use - that blocks us changing this one. You don’t want to just ‘swap’ things over, while licenses CAN be moved - anything shared on a Battlenet stays behind on the original account.

If you want that new email used on this compromised account (not a bad idea) you’ll want to swap the new Battlenet accounts email to something else to free it up.

Does that make sense?

6 Likes

Yes I just want to use the new email. I unlinked the email from the other battlenet account so you can use it. The old email that was hacked I definitely don’t want to use anymore although if I need if for verification purposes I can do that. If you could note that in the ticket because I can’t edit it since it’s a web ticket

hopefully, it’s at most that long mine said like 24 days, and all I wanted was a 5 dollar bnet balance refund cuz I bought it on accident lol. been waiting since Friday I believe.

Mine is account hack/compromise. I think they go after those ASAP ( I would assume)

1 Like

yeah, most likely just kinda unfortunate having to wait that long for something kinda minor.

Bump for blue response to my question.

1 Like

We do prioritize those, Marthros - but it’s still going to be a little bit. As long as that email is free - shouldn’t be any issues.

4 Likes

What about the mobile number. The one on the account was an old cell phone I had a while ago. I need to be able to change that to setup authenticator and sms. Can a blue answer this?

1 Like

Just as a by the by, the SFAs do try and respond when and where they can, but posting over and over for a Blue response isn’t really kosher. Everyone wants a response from staff, but they don’t always get them.

As has been stated over and over in all of these threads, that is an estimate. It will fluctuate based on the oldest ticket in the system, so please don’t pay it too much mind. Tickets are answered in the order that they are received, and once your ticket is in queue, you’ve got your spot. At most they seem to not take longer than 10 days.

3 Likes

I had a battlenet account that was compromised. (They changed my password and then changed my email so I couldn’t get into it) Awaiting a response to the ticket US87299049. Hope it won’t be much longer. Will I be able to change my phone number during the recovery process? The one on the account was an old cell phone which was one of the reasons I couldn’t get the account back on my own.

If you don’t have access to the phone number currently on the account, you won’t be able to update it yourself. You’d need to contact support in order to do so.

5 Likes

I’m assuming I should be able to do this during the account recovery process? I have a ticket in for? I took a pic of my verizon bill I can give to the GM that has my address on it that maches my drivers license.

You will most likely need to submit a pic of your actual ID.

1 Like

Already did when I submitted the ticket. I attached my california drivers license

1 Like

I need help on email changed on my husband account. Tried to post here but it doesnt apear.
My address is on the account, i have kids living here. He had subscription so we had to cancel the card. I am posting because he doesnt have an account anymore. I am a player since 2012 and he 2013

Geuss my previous posts were to long cos the previous short one got posted. I had to create level 10 on a US server seeing overthere they said we dont get blue post help on EU… so i came here for help. Followed the ticket channels and no reaction. Pls help. Our privacy is worth a lot and these tickets should get fast help

This isn’t something EU or NA is going to be able to address from the forums, Lyrelyra.

I do see the ticket on your account. The one thing you didn’t mention - was anything that identified HIS account. No Battletag, no previous email address.

I’d suggest you edit that ticket with some sort of info to let the Game Master that works this actually find the account in question.

6 Likes

The ticket on my account was last resort kinda thing. We followed the good channels on his email address and attached invoice of dragonflight purchase, also print screen of other purchases. I included his battle tag that is now gone and other info like start account, our address etc etc… it wasnt easy to get a ticket on his email because it said the email wasnt known. Now it exists again but with an empty account and battle tag. It apeared when we tried to change the password.